Fighters you'll be most sad to see retire?

LiverpoolUFC**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thinking about Machida retiring is really uncomfortable. Worse yet, is if he goes out like a lot of the brazillians do, after a few brutal ok losses from guys he would have danced around in his prime.

Shogun
Chael
Vitor (will be devastated over this one, been a fan since the 90s)

Last edited:
Cain V. the HW division will never be the same. He's the dominant force there. Once he leaves it will be a mediocre division once again.

Thanks to TommyToeHold, I will now forever think of Lyoto as the guy who pretended to be Ryu from Street Fighter (and did it successfully).

Man, I'm gonna miss Ryoto. And Anderson as well...

Gonzaga is my favourite fighter still competing, so it has to be ManBearPig.

Robbie Lawler 2.0 has been a breath of fresh air and I'll be sad to see him go.

2nd on ManBearPig. Win or lose, he either does his best to KO or sub the other guy, or goes out on his shield.

Manhoef. There are few people in the sport today that when they step into the ring or cage you know the fight is going to end violently, one way or the other.

Rashad Evans
It would be bittersweet. Watching him from TUF 2 to his final fight (whenever that is) would be an honor. Future HOFer.

Troll Horse Fabricio Werdum, Roy Nelson, Rashad, both Decision Dan's (Cormier not a young guy you know...), Hector Lombard

Also Rowdy even though I know this thread is meant for older fighters, enjoy it while it lasts...

Anderson Bones Aldo all the fighters that bring excitement to the cage. I don't miss seeing gsp wrestle fck people but for me shit hasn't been the same without silva.

When Machida retires manly tears will be shed

Surprised more people haven't said Anderson. The UFC is weird enough without him as champ. Other than him I would say Aldo, the Korean Zombie, and Wanderlei.

For me it was Fedor.

I thought I would be sad when GSP retired, but I was strangely ok with it. I guess I was glad he retired as champ. Plus it was nice that I got to watch his career from start to finish

Back