Fighters you felt could've accomplish much more in their career.

TJ Grant if it weren't for that damn concussion. Still hoping he comes back though.

Nick Diaz
Paul Daley
Forest Griffin
Nate Marquardt
Lyoto Machida
TJ Grant

Was already arguably the GOAT. Without all the controversy and failed test he would have gone down as the undisputed GOAT. Very unfortunate

how about the idea that he was only a GOAT contender because he has been juicing for a large portion of his career?

I mean there's a rumor he hid under an octagon to avoid a drug test, there are pictures of him with dimples on his stomach (PED dimples), and he had extremely low T:E ratio... all the signs are there.

Was already arguably the GOAT. Without all the controversy and failed test he would have gone down as the undisputed GOAT. Very unfortunate

At least now he won't have to fight Rumble.

Fucking Erik Silva!

The guy looked unstoppable...

Bones... Huerta...

Tanner had a decent career. Sure he wasn't a world beater but he was still a good fighter. I'm a fan of his. I don't get why you'd bring up his death though.

his death was indicative on how much he had mentally fallen off after beginning his MMA down spiral. No one thinking right goes into the desert as ill prepared as he was. It was the climax to show how wrong everything had gone for him.

Thiago Silva comes to my Mind.. he would have done great under Jackson & Winkeljohn
But no one else mentioned him so far..

how about the idea that he was only a GOAT contender because he has been juicing for a large portion of his career?

I mean there's a rumor he hid under an octagon to avoid a drug test, there are pictures of him with dimples on his stomach (PED dimples), and he had extremely low T:E ratio... all the signs are there.

Sorry for the late reply. That's definitely something to think about. But we will never know about the past. Kind of a messed up part of MMA. With guys like Jon and Anderson. It's impossible to know if they were clean or were just able to pass tests in the past

My heart wants me to believe that all fighters were clean until they failed but my brain says they were always doing something

Jordan Mein, dude retired too early.

But also shows what happens when a guy starts training and fighting too young, think Sage has the potential to end up the same way. Mein had a dad who fought in MMA as well and pretty much forced him to compete.

Anderson Silva. Should have tried the LHW title shot

Since Dana said he felt BJ could've been one of the GOAT (I like Penn though ) but couldn't because of his life choices, which fighters you would have chosen?
BJ and Bones of course.

Shane Carwin if not for injuries.

Rousey and Tate if they left their camps for real camps.

Chuck had a huge reputation for partying way to hard just before his downfall. He actually fell asleep during a morning tv interview.

Fedor if he could have crossed over to the UFC during his prime could have been famous.

Back