Fighters you felt could've accomplish much more in their career.

RampageJackson_450x260.jpg

If this guy would have stayed in his best shape, continued to train muay thai like he did in his early days, continued to train his wrestling (especially the ability to get up off his back) and still have the same power in his hands, he would have been unstoppable for a long time. Instead he became so one dimensional. I hate to agree with Joe Rogan but Rampage needed to fire body kicks, leg kicks and knees more often, he needed to lock guys up and go for power takedowns and he needed to train with good enough guys on the ground that he could get up quickly after being taken down or even reverse his opponents.

Possibly the GOAT persona in MMA but could have been one of the greatest of all time in MMA period.

Charlie Valencia
Roger Huerta
Cruz could have been a GOAT candidate if not for his knees
Cain
Sokoudjou
Palhares
Jones if he keeps up his shit
Randleman
Kerr

Palhares, he submitted Jake Shields, the mans a beast.

Brandon Vera is the main one that comes to mind, dude was super talented in all areas..... then Jones broke his face

Martin Kampman I had high hopes when he took out alves and ellenberger the way he did. I always liked his fights.

2008041301m.jpg

Dennis Fucking Kang. Skills of a champion, yet after the death of his fiancé, was never the same.

These conversations bug me. Every athlete could've been much better if "insert anything." For some reason we always focus on the athletic headcases who couldn't get their shit together. What about guys who had their shit together but weren't athletic? I think Kenny Florian could've been a world beater if he was athletic. Tim Boetsch could be an unstoppable mauler if he wasn't slow. Etc etc

Rashad really felt like he could have dominated 205 , to
Many injuries

Erick Silva and Jordan Mein .... without a shred ....
Mein retired young so we'll probably always wonder what he would've amounted to, though IMO, at a better camp and with some better fight IQ he could've been something special.
Erick SIlva...I thought he would do well, but we've since discovered that he's really just another one-round wonder. And USADA.

Thatch, I thought would be better. After two first-round stoppages I was all aboard that train, but I underestimated how bad his ground game was.

Guy Mezger - got screwed a few times by Pride (Wandy headbutt, should have a W against Sakuraba)

Lesnar if he'd gone into MMA instead of WWE.

Evan Tanner. I thought he was gonna be the MW Couture. Then everything went downhill and ended up with him dead in a desert. Evan Tanner for me.
Tanner had a decent career. Sure he wasn't a world beater but he was still a good fighter. I'm a fan of his. I don't get why you'd bring up his death though.

Junie Browning and Jesse Taylor... Two legends who faded before their time

Alexander Emelianenko, top notch talent, unreal hand speed.

Back