Fighters you felt could've accomplish much more in their career.

If jds was more well rounded, he will be in the goat hw conversation. Instead he relies too much on his boxing

Ellenberger. Every time when he was about to take the next step up the ladder he shat the bed.

Coleman, he should have been a champuon for a long time he just didn't evolve enough and partied way too damn hard.

BJ is a great fighter and that's more than enough. Who cares about this GOAT nonsense.

Shane Carwin could have done more. Hendricks probably too. He has a low point in his career we'll see how it will play out for him. I wonder if Nelson could have lost some weight and lay out the LHW division.
A younger Carwin and a lighter Nelson would have been something

Dennis Kang. His personal life went to hell and he never recovered. Dude had all of the tools to be a top fighter in the UFC.

Apart for the aforementioned Tanner, Huerta, Murray (And he could have competed in the WW division), etc:

-Alecks was incredibly gifted. If only he had his brother's focus...
-Randelman achieved a lot, but in a different camp he might've achieve close to GOAT status.
-Vitor was both a product and a victim of Carlson. And once he broke with him never settled until it was too late.
-Carwin, not only he began late, but never really comitted to the sport full-time.
-Heath Herring WTF.
-David Terrell, marred by injuries.
-David Loiseau, "tannered" Evan Tanner and then, surprisingly lost his spirit after Franklin.
-Karam Gaber, not really an MMA guy, but could have been a LMW god, had he persevered.
-Several Duch kickboxers that never taked MMA seriously.
-Mark Kerr and his buddy Ricco.
-Arona, Kazuo Misaki and other PRIDE guys after its fall..

Last edited:
32.gif
Top of my list, what a waste of talent

diaz bros. struve. Urijah faber.

ignoring PEDs:

Carwin - guy needed a gas tank
Brock - needed to learn striking
BJ - needed to ditch his comfort zone, head to the mainland (alone) to train and do more strength exercises

No point in dealing with would'ves imo

I think a guy like Gunnar Nelson has all the attributes to be a top 5 WW. Really good displays against Cummings and Tumenov. Absolutely flawless against Brandon Thatch. But then disappointingly he just doesn't turn up against Story and gets absolutely schooled by Maia. He's frustrating

I think he comfortably beats Hendricks, Magny or Gastelum.

Back