Fighters You Believe Gave Their Best Performance Despite Losing

MikeHolmes

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking of how Chael Sonnen's best in-cage performance was likely his first loss to Anderson Silva. Who else has performed their best in a losing effort?

Does Gustafsson against Cormier and Bones or Hendricks against GSP count?

Last edited:
Condit vs Lawler was pretty odd

Jon Jones after failing his most recent test. Golden Globe nomination-worthy.

Chael won that first fight and I don't care what anyone says really.

Alexsander Gustaffson

ufc-165-514.jpg

I'm almost tempted to say Forrest vs Rashad, since Forrest was landing at will for rounds until a slip.
Shogun in the first Hendo fight

I feel like a prime Shogun obliterates Hendo. Shogun was getting rocked left and right until Hendo gassed. I think Shogun's best was likely in PRIDE and the Machida fights.

sneaky Gus thread. Dem Gus fans are relentless

andywang450.jpg

Im sorry its been too long and only long time UFC fans will remember "The Warrior"

McGregor against Diaz. the second time around will prove it.

I know Liddell looked great against Rich Franklin prior to the KO. I don't know if it's the best he ever looked, but it was close.

Chael won that first fight and I don't care what anyone says really.

Chael was on the most advanced and inclusive concotion of PEDs known to man and still managed to get choked out with no time left. What a moron.

Funny thing that no one really talks about is that Chael was practically out of that triangle when he tapped. No way he was going to go out before escaping if he hadn't panicked.

(Or if he hadn't known all along that he wasn't going to pass the drug test anyway and decided maybe a late fight loss would be better for his career than giving Zuffa heartburn?)

anderson-silva-triangle-submit-chael-sonnen.gif

Gus vs Jones, no doubt
Chad Vs Aldo 2
Hendricks vs GSP
More recently Lando Vs Ferguson

Back