Fighters You Believe Gave Their Best Performance Despite Losing

Matt Grice against Bermudez
Bader against Glover
Machida against Weidman maybe not his best, but he fought his heart out.

Matt Grice against Bermudez
Bader against Glover
Machida against Weidman maybe not his best, but he fought his heart out.

Grice/Bermudez....man, that's a forgotten gem.

Gustafsson vs. Jones for me. Gus literally did everything right but it just wasn't enough.

Vannata almost KO'd the rank #3 lightweight in a short-notice UFC debut

Matt Hamill vs Bisping.

Terrible decision too, IMO.

Funny thing that no one really talks about is that Chael was practically out of that triangle when he tapped. No way he was going to go out before escaping if he hadn't panicked.

(Or if he hadn't known all along that he wasn't going to pass the drug test anyway and decided maybe a late fight loss would be better for his career than giving Zuffa heartburn?)

anderson-silva-triangle-submit-chael-sonnen.gif

He's said several times he don't even remember tapping. He was on his way out, for sure.

sneaky Gus thread. Dem Gus fans are relentless

So, just because someone asks that question it has to be a sneaky Gus thread. Sounds like you have some insecurities about Gustafsson.

Grice/Bermudez....man, that's a forgotten gem.

Gustafsson vs. Jones for me. Gus literally did everything right but it just wasn't enough.

No he didnt, Gus was too hesitant and should have thrown more combos but he respected Jones` td threat too much. He should have been able to adjust after realizing how easily he was stuffing Jones` td attempts. And even when he finally got taken down once Jones couldnt do anything to him. In hindsight Gus could have fought a lot more aggressive like he has said himself. He has said multiple times that if they ever fight again he would go straight for the KO from the start with a lot more confidence than the first time and that he was too cautious about Jones` wrestling the first time.

I thought Condit looked really good against GSP. I wouldn't say it was his best performance, because he has some great wins and that robbery against Lawler, but I do think he was in peak form. He fought his ass off, his skillset just doesn't matchup well against GSP.

Back