Fighters whose best performance or on their best resulted in a loss

Alexander Gustafsson - vs Jon Jones
Pedro Rizzo - vs Randy Couture 1
Shogun - vs Lyoto Machida 1 (yes it was his most important fight)
Lee Murray - vs Anderson NCAA Silva
Jorge Rivera - vs Rich Franklin
Johny Hendricks - vs GSP
Gray Maynard - vs Frankie 2 (OK, draw, draw)
Mark Hominick - vs Aldo
Shane Carwin - vs Brock (before he gassed)
Kevin Randleman - vs Fedor/Bas
Great list you killed it <5> No reason to post now. Covered a lot of ground.

I agree. But still, it was a SPLIT decision and a FOTN against the reigning LHW champ.
What's his best WIN anyway? It might be against 38-year-old Teixeira... I rate his loss against Cormier higher.

Well, most of the youngsters get their a$$ handled by Glover...

To answer your question, I believe his best wins are Shogun (top 5 at that point), Manuwa and Glover indeed.

Great list you killed it <5> No reason to post now. Covered a lot of ground.

serenity-what-i-do.gif

Cm Punk vs Mickey Gall
If only that punch landed

Thiago Santos vs. Jones. People like to rip on Jon for not having his usual dominating performance, and seem to forget how awesome Thiago was in that fight. Obviously the best opponent he's ever faced by a mile, and the dude fought like a warrior.

Thiago Santos vs. Jones. People like to rip on Jon for not having his usual dominating performance, and seem to forget how awesome Thiago was in that fight. Obviously the best opponent he's ever faced by a mile, and the dude fought like a warrior.
I don't know about the best fighter he has faced but I like your neutral stance in admitting Santos is a beast. And "Thiago was in that fight"<5>

Cote vs Anderson possibly too; though Cote had a few other good performances.

Punk-Jackson
Lobov-Swanson
Garcia-Phan 2

Last edited:
In MMA? Bob sapp against big nog!

Kevin Lee vs Tony
Obviously not their best performance ever but Chuck looked the best in years against Franklin before the KO
Pearson vs Sanchez
Gustafsson vs Jones
Stephens vs Edgar

Back