Fighters whose best performance or on their best resulted in a loss

Aleks vs Barnett, made Josh look pretty foolish for 10 mins before gassing and getting subbed.

Last edited:
Alexander Gustafsson - vs Jon Jones
Pedro Rizzo - vs Randy Couture 1
Shogun - vs Lyoto Machida 1 (yes it was his most important fight)
Lee Murray - vs Anderson NCAA Silva
Jorge Rivera - vs Rich Franklin
Johny Hendricks - vs GSP
Gray Maynard - vs Frankie 2 (OK, draw, draw)
Mark Hominick - vs Aldo
Shane Carwin - vs Brock (before he gassed)
Kevin Randleman - vs Fedor/Bas

Gustafsson has literally built a career and fanbase losing to Jones then to DC....Literally the best things he's done in his career was not losing too badly to these two.
Randleman a very good call but I'm a PrideFC fan. Him beating CC was at least on a par with those losses.
Shogun as well... Great call.

Agree. And after this win he was the happiest man ever and gave super motivational speech

I was there....

If you are wondering if I was scared... YES.. I was afraid of that man.

One of my favourite quotes in life, not just fighting, was Randleman on Fedor..
"If you are fighting Fedor, and you've got problems in your life, whatever they are, forget them.... Your biggest problem is standing in front of you"

R.I.P Kev.

Lando Vannata vs Tony Ferg - Hell of a performance, thought he would have gotten a win streak afterwords

Namajunas looked like the best women fighter of all time in the first round against Andrade.
Damn, came here to say this!
Honestly, i couldn't believe at the moment how good Rose was, i was completely stunned.
I hope she'll fight again, would be a shame if we'd never see her again inside the cage. I won't blame her though if she decides to hang it up.

Matt Brown against Lawler
Hyun Gyu Lim against Saffiedine
Maybe Chris Lytle against Hughes
Luke Cummo against Joe Stevenson
Tim Elliott against Mighty Mouse
Evan Dunham against Sherk

Damn, came here to say this!
Honestly, i couldn't believe at the moment how good Rose was, i was completely stunned.
I hope she'll fight again, would be a shame if we'd never see her again inside the cage. I won't blame her though if she decides to hang it up.

I think she is, don't quote me but I'm sure I heard Dana say recently that she was going to or something :)

I think she is, don't quote me but I'm sure I heard Dana say recently that she was going to or something :)
Yeah, i'm relatively optimistic as well, as she's recently uploaded some pictures showing her training again - now that's no guarantee, but it might be a sign.

Here is a dark horse

Clay Guida vs Diego Sanchez

Guida fought back and lost a split decision after being nearly KO'd several times.

That was a title eliminator and Sanchez went on to get blasted by BJ the next fight.

Guida's fight against Kenflo was also an amazing fight..

Good old days

Yeah, i'm relatively optimistic as well, as she's recently uploaded some pictures showing her training again - now that's no guarantee, but it might be a sign.

I think it might have been in the recent press conference last weekend he mentioned Rose, I'm sure he did but this is why I say don't quote me cause I've not really heard anything since :)

There, I've found this, Dana says about Weili it's between her having a fight between Rose and Joanna, he says he knows Rose wants to fight too.

Time stamped it for you :)

Conor vs khabib. Conor didn't gas as soon as I expected. He defended himself in the first round and even stuffed Khabib's takedowns in round three... Still lost tho

Arlovski looked amazing before Fedor put him to sleep...

Appears so live, I was extremely worried. But there is a slowed down video showing that Fedor actually slipped most of the punches.

Back