Fighters who retired too early

Cant believe nobody mentioned Shane Carwin!

Oh dear SherDawg, what have u become, a playground for bathtub-braddas and newbs who buy their sheet… Oh dear SherDawg, where the real Shermanos at!?!?

Chris Holdsworth looked very promising but unfortunately due to medical reasons he had to cut his career short.

I think he works as a coach at TAM now.

Cant believe nobody mentioned Shane Carwin!

Oh dear SherDawg, what have u become, a playground for bathtub-braddas and newbs who buy their sheet… Oh dear SherDawg, where the real Shermanos at!?!?

Injuries forced him out iirc

Igor Zinoviev
I mean is it really retiring too soon when you recieve career ending injuries? lol I mean i know what you mean, but its not like he had a choice

I always think of Chad Mendes. He was 33 and ran into Alexander Volkanovski who was unheralded and ranked 10th at the time. He almost put Volk out at one point but got overwhelmed by the pace and finished. He took that as a sign he was past it and retired. Then Volk goes on an insane run and becomes one of the greatest fighters of all time.

I wouldn't see Mendes ever winning a title but he could have been a contender for at least the next few years. I think he smokes the good not great guys hanging around the top 5 now like Ortega and Yair.
Yeah.. and the Frankie loss was a fluke. I would pick Chad over Frankie all day long.

Is Francis a good grappler now somehow?

He's an athletic freak with massive KO power but almost no wrestling or grappling acumen
He has more subs than Cain, JDS and Brock combined.

Khabib.
Ngannou. Going to the PFL was pretty much retirement from any interesting fights ever again. And everyday they're showing that they are indeed a bush league org that can't do anything right. How retarded do you have to be to run a promotion worse than Coker?

You copied my thread from two weeks ago

man that's crazy. I do think though they should've merged your thread into mine, don't you think?
@Substance Abuse
@PurpleStorm
@Jackonfire
@PRIDEWASBETTER
@Gio
@irish_thug

Great minds think alike, I say!

But mine has paragraphs with gifs...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Erick Silva

Basically a child and already retired. Heart attcks are a bitch

I really always wanted to find out who on earth started Eric Silva meme. It has been around over a decade it never gets old. I def think it is from sherdog.

i looked into kole konrad. seems like a really cool dude. he retired for the best reason, which is that he didn’t wanna do it anymore. it’s never too early to live your best life.

Konrad was a better wrestler than Cain. Maybe even better than Cormier since Konrad was a heavyweight wrestler, Cormier was far from it during his wrestling career.

Would've been very interesting to see how that one played out.

Shabulat Shamalaev

He got shot and said he'd come back and never did. Dude had crazy timing and power for a 145er
Yes! I really thought he was gonna hold a belt one day but then he just never came back. Tragic waste of talent. But at least he's alive. Most people who get shot ain't as lucky as him.

Back