Fighters who needs to learn how to kick???

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I say JDS. basic kicking is easy to learn. if werdum can do it he can too.

Yup, because I swear I had a dream where he nearly killed Mark Hunt with a kick.

Or he just prefers knocking people out with his hands.

Yup, because I swear I had a dream where he nearly killed Mark Hunt with a kick.

Or he just prefers knocking people out with his hands.
please that was 1 time and it barely grazed hunt

vwcVpk9.gif

I always wondered why a guy like Maia—one of if not the best grapplers in the sport, a guy who doesn't fear being taken down—never tried to focus on a kicking heavy game. If he decided to focus on his kicking years ago, then while the fight is on the feet he could merely kick away at a safe range with out fear of the takedown. Werdum has shown that if you have a great ground game, then a good kicking game will go a long way to help round out your skills.

Cormier and Ronda come to mind...

Other than those two I think most other guys that could be mentioned know how to kick, just aren't able to put them to use in their games. JDS included.

Would love to see Robbie Lawler use more kicks. Even if it's just to set up a hard straight left similar to what Hendo does.

In the past one Stefan Struve has failed numerous times to utilize the power of the kick. This giant of a man could create distance and prove to be a strong contender but is challenged by keeping distance. He sides far too often with the Lightside, making him weak.

The Diaz bro's, although Nate was throwing some in his last fight. Didn't look natural.

Easy to learn, very hard to master.

Cormier and Ronda come to mind...

Other than those two I think most other guys that could be mentioned know how to kick, just aren't able to put them to use in their games. JDS included.

DC has some very effective kicks

Unfair comparison, Werdum is an exceptionally fast learner and a near genius at learning techniques.

The Diaz bro's, although Nate was throwing some in his last fight. Didn't look natural.

Nick has good kicks he just prefers to use his hands.

But its not as easy as people make it out to be. Some bodys aren't built for it, their hips just dont turn over enough to keep them from being open to a takedown or remain balanced.

Also take into consideration some people cant head kick, and body kicks are dangerous at the the pro level if you're not very very good at them, which leaves leg kicks, and I think we've seen that everyone has the ability to throw them, they just choose not too based on their style of fighting

Back