Fighters that just simply didn't belong in the UFC....

I was super excited to see him come over, maybe just for MW parity. Middleweight was said to be the 'weak' division with Anderson Silva demolishing everyone.
Maybe they should have given him another fight? I dunno... Might of belonged in the UFC.
200px-Denis-kang-pic-1.png

I say this as a Kang fan and someone who as also really excited for him to be in the UFC, but...I wonder if he even wanted another fight in the UFC, honestly. He was something of a headcase after his fiancee's death. (Which was sad and tragic and I'm not saying I blame him.) But there's seriously a hard dividing line where before Shelby's death he was on something like a 15 fight winning streak, and after it he was a .500 fighter for the rest of his career. I don't think I've ever seen a top level fighter who wanted to be in there less than Kang did at the end of the Bisping fight. It was like the last minute of Evan Tanner vs. David Terrell...for three minutes.

I say this as a Kang fan and someone who as also really excited for him to be in the UFC, but...I wonder if he even wanted another fight in the UFC, honestly. He was something of a headcase after his fiancee's death. (Which was sad and tragic and I'm not saying I blame him.) But there's seriously a hard dividing line where before Shelby's death he was on something like a 15 fight winning streak, and after it he was a .500 fighter for the rest of his career. I don't think I've ever seen a top level fighter who wanted to be in there less than Kang did at the end of the Bisping fight. It was like the last minute of Evan Tanner vs. David Terrell...for three minutes.

Yeah maybe he didn't want another fight, you might be right about not recovering from all the outside stuff. I was a big fan when he was in Pride and he had an amazing streak going. I remember when he was going to fight Bisping I thought it would be a good match up for him to win, but he did not look hungry anymore. Good points man.

Back