Fighters still making $15k and under

Here's my perspective, and I'm sure it'll piss a lot of people off =

It's a free-market economy. Fighters sign up for the compensation that they do.

They also train about 2-4 hours a day and many have part-time jobs.

Why exactly should an entry-level UFC fighter make more than a McDonalds cashier for 1/2 the hours put in?

It's a performance-based payment scheme.

A fighter has the opportunity to make an extra $50k in every fight.

If they keep winning their earnings keep increasing.

Every UFC fighter has the opportunity to become a millionaire.

They choose these careers themselves. If they don't like the money they make they can easily transition into physical labor jobs that pay more.

Fighters put their fuckin lives on the line while Dana and the crew make millions.

McDonald's jerkoffs have one of the easiest jobs on the planet.
You don't even have to know how to cook, the machines do all the work.

Ever hear of hazard pay?

That's why fighters deserve double the pay for "supposed" half the hours.

Your comparison is not well thought out sir.

You picked four guys that lost, they would have made double that if they had won, e.g. 20k or 30k for one night's work.

What are you talking about? UFC fighters can have all the personal sponsorships they can get and promote them during fight week. They just can't do it while they are on the clock at official UFC events the same as college athletes can't plaster condom ads on their asses either while they are competing for their schools.
I thought they had to be approved sponsors and the UFC gets a cut? Fuck, maybe I am confusing them with WWE, who can't even twitch without them getting a cut

Those fighters in the op really have not much value. Nobody knows who they are and if they were not on the card it would not effect ticket or ppv sales at all. They are what’s called an entry level position. To say that they deserve to get paid anywhere near as much as established guys who actually sell tickets is crazy

Fighters put their fuckin lives on the line while Dana and the crew make millions.

McDonald's jerkoffs have one of the easiest jobs on the planet.
You don't even have to know how to cook, the machines do all the work.

Ever hear of hazard pay?

That's why fighters deserve double the pay for "supposed" half the hours.

Your comparison is not well thought out sir.

They put their lives on the line out of their own choice to pursue a dream and enjoy a sport that they love.

How are we morally implicated in that?

It's like you're almost comparing them to soldiers and firefighters who actually put their lives on the line to defend the citizens of their country.

Huge difference between that and people who love to fight and try to pursue that professionally.

If you feel that strongly about them not being compensated enough you can donate money to them.

Otherwise free market processes lead to the payment structures that exist for them.

I thought they had to be approved sponsors and the UFC gets a cut? Fuck, maybe I am confusing them with WWE, who can't even twitch without them getting a cut.

I completely understand why you thought that way, that has been a pretty widespread misconception pushed online for whatever reason, but it is not true.

Fighters are free to take advantage of the value being a UFC fighter gives to their name and likeness. Izzy has done very well in that area getting partnerships with pretty major brands like Puma and Call of Duty. Sean O'Malley makes tons of money selling merch under his personal Suga brand and Happy Dad sponsorship. UFC has nothing to do with any of that.

I’d be interested in a UFC fighter walk out. Imagine if they all just said nope none of us are gonna show up. Whats the UFC gonna do?

They put their lives on the line out of their own choice to pursue a dream and enjoy a sport that they love.

How are we morally implicated in that?

It's like you're almost comparing them to soldiers and firefighters who actually put their lives on the line to defend the citizens of their country.

Huge difference between that and people who love to fight and try to pursue that professionally.

If you feel that strongly about them not being compensated enough you can donate money to them.

Otherwise free market processes lead to the payment structures that exist for them.

NFL players do too, but they don't get fucked in the ass for their love of the sport.

For one fight. These guys train at gyms who have everything you have listed as part of their services. They win its 30k and they can do that at least 3 times a year. It's good money

If they’re not starving they won’t want to fight.

you think anytime two idiots agree to fight they should just get a giant cheque?

When Josh Barnett said that I'm pretty sure they sere still allowed to have their sponsors iirc.
Naw, this was after Reebok deal and they closed off sponsors. I recall Schaub told Dana he made him lose a 100K sponsor and Dana told him nobody was paying him 100 K and he said he showed Dana proof and Dana legit didn't think he had a sponsor like that.

I think sponsorships should be allowed, thy allow certain companies to have patches.

Naw, this was after Reebok deal and they closed off sponsors. I recall Schaub told Dana he made him lose a 100K sponsor and Dana told him nobody was paying him 100 K and he said he showed Dana proof and Dana legit didn't think he had a sponsor like that.

I think sponsorships should be allowed, thy allow certain companies to have patches.

Sponsorships should 100% be allowed sir.

Dana's personal chef who makes the goofy ass food for his fuck it friday videos once a week probably makes more than that.

If you’re fighting in the best promotion in the world the base pay should be at least $50k

And the roster should be cut over 50% it used to be lil difficult to get to ufc. Now anyone can get in with how easy it is to make connections with Social media

They can always supplement their income with Powerslap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back