Fighters should be held upside down between rounds

Jack Move

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After being concussed one of the most important things is to get blood to the brain. On the other hand if there is trauma to soft tissue it's important to lessen blood flow (at least initially) to the damaged area. This is why it would only benefit a fighter to be held upside down between rounds.

If a fighter has a bad cut or a hematoma on their head/neck this wouldn't help. But, 99% of fights don't have this scenario.

Not all corners could accomplish this, yes, I know that. Matt Hume would have no issue with M Mouse. Matt would have Mouse inverted in a split second of the round ending. With Stefan Struve, however,.... good luck. He'd have to put a team together. A real tall team. Plus he is susceptible to bleeding. So, never mind about Struve.

So, any fighter with enough energy to walk to their corner and that is under 7 foot tall needs to be inverted and they would greatly benefit.

I... Uhhh...

giphy.gif

I honestly feel better about myself and my intelligence after reading that. Thanks.

You go upside down for the weigh in, if you are 1 lb. over the limit.
All the blood will pool at the top of your body.
Then jump on the scale as the blood flows downward.
This will counter-act the pull of gravity and therefore the fighter will weigh less than their actual weight.
I am truly surprised that no one does this.

TS if you are serious than this is the best thread I've read the whole week.

What the holy hell are you talking about TS? Blood rushing to your head makes you light headed. Being concussed than light headed sounds like an easy way to go unconscious and never wake up again.

You go upside down for the weigh in, if you are 1 lb. over the limit.
All the blood will pool at the top of your body.
Then jump on the scale as the blood flows downward.
This will counter-act the pull of gravity and therefore the fighter will weigh less than their actual weight.
I am truly surprised that no one does this.

Additionally, you could suck a bunch of helium right before the weigh-in so you are lighter (helium is lighter than air - its science). When Rogan or whomever asks a question after the staredown, you ignore the question and just start singing "We represent the Lollypop Guild" .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back