Fighter of the Year: Ronda Rousey

If Ronda beats carmouche she will have a popularity explosion that dwarfs her most recent popularity explosion.

If Rousey wasnt semi-attractive she would not even be in the running for this award

That's quite obvious.

Every single article andtv appearance about her mentions her sex, how much of it she has, when she has it and with whom.

Plus she had those body spread ESPN pics or whatever theyre called.

Wmma is riding on the back of sexuality and Ronda atm.

well...women competing with men in things like driving, shooting, etc is not on the same level as competing in fighting, tennis, running, etc...

in the former activities, the high perfomrance, power, speed, etc are compensated for by a tool of some sort, with the competitor providing the endurance, precision, etc.

in the latter activities, the power, speed, etc is actually provided by the human body

so women competing with men in driving is not as hard as women competing with men in fighting

You make an excellent argument, but I think you're missing the point. The level of skill in NASCAR is very high. If a separate women's league was created, the talent pool would be much smaller, and the level of skill wouldn't be nearly as high. Danica would dominate that league, as Ronda has hers. So the point is less about women competing against men, and more about weaker competition vs. stronger competition. A man of appropriate size with Ronda's level of skill would not be a champion in any UFC division.

That's quite obvious.

Every single article andtv appearance about her mentions her sex, how much of it she has, when she has it and with whom.

Plus she had those body spread ESPN pics or whatever theyre called.

Wmma is riding on the back of sexuality and Ronda atm

Personally, I don't mind this at all! But if the UFC plans on selling sex, I would like some hotter fighters to watch than Ronda. No offense, I think she has a certain appeal. But I think its like the appeal that Sarah Palin has. She's hot for a politician, because she's being compared to Condi Rice and Janet Reno. Just like Ronda's hot for a fighter, because she's being compared to Carmouche and Cyborg.

I would compare it to running through regional shows, but then getting beat up in the big organizations. So if they want to sell sex, I'll watch it. But I'd like to see some Kyra Gracies and Michelle Watersons in the cage.

I will continue to watch her fights, only in hopes of her getting KTFO

I would pick Bendo over her. I don't agree with the 2nd Frankie Edgar decision but, Bendo has been on a roll.

lol, it's from mmafighting.com...helwani's website, who directly works for dana white.

just like the time when this guy said that lesnar should be in the hall of fame, this is just another plug for the big-boss, dana white. i'm sure that helwani is being compensated healthily for this dumb choice.

lol, it's from mmafighting.com...helwani's website, who directly works for dana white.

just like the time when this guy said that lesnar should be in the hall of fame, this is just another plug for the big-boss, dana white. i'm sure that helwani is being compensated healthily for this dumb choice.

Mike Chiapetta wrote that, mmafighting is owned by sb nation and Helwani is on Fuel Tv's payroll not Zuffa. Although that list is terrible and Bias, i think thats just how bad MMA media at the top is, they'll watch all the UFC's and made a couple of Bellators a year.

Ronda isn't just "semiattractive, she's fucking hot. That aside, she changed UFC in a way no one ever thought possible. Dana was so dug in to never having a women's division no one ever gave it a thought. Then comes Ronda, maybe the most marketable fighter right now due to her undefeated record, her fighting skills, her looks, and the almost Chael Sonnen like attitude she possesses.

Not sure why some hate on women's mma. The quality of the product is very good, a lot of these fights show off some great technical skills. Women are far easier to train in martial arts. When you hold up a pad to a guy, its his instinct to just hit it as hard as he can. Women focus completely on technique from day one.

You are an absolute liar.

First, less than 5% of her interviews go into 'testosterone levels after sex for athletes.

Secondly, she has NEVER said with who. In fact, Rousey vs. Kaufman was without any pre-fight sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
well...women competing with men in things like driving, shooting, etc is not on the same level as competing in fighting, tennis, running, etc...

in the former activities, the high perfomrance, power, speed, etc are compensated for by a tool of some sort, with the competitor providing the endurance, precision, etc.

in the latter activities, the power, speed, etc is actually provided by the human body

so women competing with men in driving is not as hard as women competing with men in fighting

You mentioned shooting. I have seen women who have never shot before, shot better than men. Not just once, but many times. Most of my friends admit that thier wives are better shot's than they are. In Marksmanship, women dominate the men.

Dana paid good $ to have the author write this list.

Back