Fighter of the Year: Ronda Rousey

Does the Ronda Rousey buzz remind anyone else of the Danica Patrick craze in Nascar a few years back?

Nope. Rousey doesn't fight against men. Danika wasn't the first champ in the NASCAR women division.

If Rousey wasnt semi-attractive she would not even be in the running for this award

well....maybe, but the fact is that attractiveness has opened opportunities that validate the fighter of the year nod

if you are being completely honest...similar things could be said of chuck liddell...his look and demeanor had alot to do with fans embracing him and it opened alot of opportunities

Figther of year:Matt Brown

Last edited:
Does the Ronda Rousey buzz remind anyone else of the Danica Patrick craze in Nascar a few years back?

not at all. Ronda actually has talent. Danica can only sell t shirts and finish 30th everyw week.

Which is what makes it that much more of a challenge, and thus more respectable.

More respectable? No. Equally respectable? yes.

The buzz is similar in that they are both attractive women. It stops there.

Against men? She's in a fucking car.

Even my sister will admit women aren't good drivers and the evidence seems to be there in Danica's case.

All women should take a lesson from both Ronda and Danica. Don't be useless. If you're even halfway decent at something lots of guys will think you are much hotter than you are.

Last edited:
she also compeats with men, who does Ronda compeat with?

well...women competing with men in things like driving, shooting, etc is not on the same level as competing in fighting, tennis, running, etc...

in the former activities, the high perfomrance, power, speed, etc are compensated for by a tool of some sort, with the competitor providing the endurance, precision, etc.

in the latter activities, the power, speed, etc is actually provided by the human body

so women competing with men in driving is not as hard as women competing with men in fighting

Would be interesting. She'd still have a buzz, but probably not near what it is now.

BTW, are talking just "not attractive", or ugly as sin?

I'd say most of female mma fighters are ugly as sin, with the exception of her and Misha Tate (I'm sure im missing others but i dont follow fmma that closely)

LOL, ok, I get the woman driving thing. She beat any Asians in Indy or Nascar?

Even my sister will admit women aren't good drivers and the evidence seems to be there in Danica's case.

All women should take a lesson from both Ronda and Danica. Don't be useless. If you're even halfway decent at something lots of guys will think you are much hotter than you are.

1. Your sister is now some sort of expert in how hundreds of millions of women drive? Well, OK then.

2. Women graduate from universities in the US at a rate roughly twice that of men. A very small minority of video game buffs are women. I think your advice about not being useless would apply more aptly to men, particularly young men.

Not really. Danica Patrick was out of her league.

If Rousey wasnt semi-attractive she would not even be in the running for this award

Agreed. Didn't lady Cyborg have a pretty impressive run but without all of the recognition? I could be wrong but I remember her being pretty dominant around the time she beat Carano.

she is really a star, they even wrote an article in the german "Mirror" But they actually just trash talked her and the ufc and DANA

Back