News Fighter Kevin Lee to Make Statement - He is Takin 2021 Off

He is starting a tap dancing company.

...then realizes he's never tapped and closes shop.

It would be a shame if he did retire. He has talent he just needs time and the right coaches. I don't know if Tristar was the right place for him. They're very much a thing of the past like Jackson's

It came down to them or Miletich Fighting Systems as the two final choices.

If his hearts not into it anymore, its best to retire.

He is going to featherweight

he has covid 19

he is changing camps

he saved money on his car insurance by switching

he is supporting Donald trump

I don’t think he is retiring. He is too young and has a lot of skill. At most he is taking a long break

He will unveil his new action figure.

His fighting ability could not match his ego; hence, he is bailing out.

For now.

I get it, but plenty of guys fight on through losses; cos they temper their ego, and just love to fight and wanna pay the bills off of that blood, sweat and tears of being a journeyman fighter.

Cool story, me.

Not trying to be funny or anything but what if it has to do with Covid-19/Corona? He was traveling recently and celebs are getting diagnosed with it left and right! Hopefully its not but could you imagine if it was and how it would make Dana/UFC look by making fights still with this pandemic going on! Im still surprised WWE is still holding multiple events as well.

It came down to them or Miletich Fighting Systems as the two final choices.
He must of been assuming he was going to be fighting in some shit hole bar somewhere if that's the case. It all makes sense now. Tristar makes sense now. GSP-like skills against untrained, drunk "fighters". Everyone is getting choked! EVERYONE!

Lee should go to Cordeiro. He's done very well building/re-building southpaws like RDA, Kelvin, MW-title-run Machida, Dariush, & Vettori.

source.gif

i haven't watched this fight yet. was it competitive at all or did chucky olives just light him up on the feet for a few rounds before fighter kevin lee gassed and went in for a sloppy takedown?

the guy is only 27 but he's been fighting for eight years now. he's had some weird injuries, his confidence is shot with all the camp switching and division jumping, which ovbviously did not work since he obviously cannot make 155 and is too small for 170.
let him retire. his head's not in the fight game anymore

I think the problem w Lee is that he got caught up believing his own hype. Dude is super talented but still has a LOT to learn. I hope he humbles himself and just switches his mindset. You can be confident and all that but unless you're realistic about the level you're at, you'll never improve. Dude has lost enough now to understand that if he doesn't want to be a gatekeeper/middle of the pack type of figther, he needs to drastically change the way he approaches the sport. Wish him the best and look fwd to seeing what he has in store.

His division is full of killers, he shouldn't be too demoralised by losing a few fights. Get back on the horse, Kev.

I think he has become disgruntled by the business practices of Microsoft and Apple and has decided to give Linux a go

Either that or broken back...spinal

Last edited:
Back