News Fighter Kevin Lee to Make Statement - He is Takin 2021 Off

Could mean retirement. Taking a year off is often the first step towards that. At least in other professions. Fighting is a bit different, as it's known for comebacks.

The Motown phenom will be known as the fighter with all the potential in the world but with the most underwhelming performance eveer.
I know Kelvin Lee could have beaten khabib and won the world title but he was his own worst enemy.

You are only as good as your last fight and Kelvin Lee doesn't need to come back to the UFC. He needs to go to ONE FC in Asia where the competition is a little bit easier.

This is hilarious, you know they saw that surname and were like 'Lee has to be the Asian, right?'

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think it's pretty clear. He CAN fight. He just doesn't really want it. Coming in and missing weight in a fight that was all about momentum for him shows a HUGE lack of focus and drive. Everything else is secondary to that in the fight secondary at the elite level.

I don't see him retiring. But a year to better complete his game is often a good thing. I remember RDA did the same thing and developed a full striking arsenal doing that. A year can do a lot to improve a fighters game

Back