fight review

So many people seem to not know the difference between judges and referees.

I have a better idea btw. Since the UFC don't care about the legitimacy of this sport, they just should introduce fan voting to determine the winner. No controversy ever again, right.

VAR happens during the match, not after, and it take a couple of minutes at maximum. I am sure referees rewatch some moment between the rounds too.
What you propose is to wait if there is a controversy - means days after. Not going to work.
That's what they said about stopping the match to wait for the VAR.
And it worked.
You are just a naysayer for the sake of naysaying...

That's what they said about stopping the match to wait for the VAR.
And it worked.
You are just a naysayer for the sake of naysaying...
But you wanted to rewatch the video after the fight and only in case of controversy. So who is going to decide that there is a controversy during the fight? Fighters can't rest more than one minute between rounds, gas tank is still a part of a fight and letting bigger guys rest more is not fair.

But you wanted to rewatch the video after the fight and only in case of controversy. So who is going to decide that there is a controversy during the fight? Fighters can't rest more than one minute between rounds, gas tank is still a part of a fight and letting bigger guys rest more is not fair.
No, you are mixing it up.
I am using the example of VAR as something people said (for years) that it would not work because it would take too much time, and the stoppage in the middle of a game, etc.
Once it was deployed, it was an undeniable success. Facts and data prove that.

Same can be said about the review of fights.
I am not saying stop the fight and review right then and there.
But if a fight has such an outcry by the fighters and the media, IMO it should be automatically reviewed. Don't have to be the same day.
But that could take away the controversy : i.e. coming back and saying that the judges were right and presenting the data or changing the result of the fight after review.

Right now this process already exists, but is only after the fighter's camp formally fill out a complaint, and it can be months after the fight.
I am merely proposing to do it the week after the fight, and to make the process less cumbersome.

As I noted, there are many notable fights that could benefit of this: Machida & Rua I, Jon Jones & Gus I, GSP & Hendricks, Jon Reyes and many more.
I don't think they should do it for every fight, but the big ones that end in controversial faction should be reviewed as a matter of process, not as an exception.

No, you are mixing it up.
I am using the example of VAR as something people said (for years) that it would not work because it would take too much time, and the stoppage in the middle of a game, etc.
Once it was deployed, it was an undeniable success. Facts and data prove that.

Same can be said about the review of fights.
I am not saying stop the fight and review right then and there.
But if a fight has such an outcry by the fighters and the media, IMO it should be automatically reviewed. Don't have to be the same day.
But that could take away the controversy : i.e. coming back and saying that the judges were right and presenting the data or changing the result of the fight after review.

Right now this process already exists, but is only after the fighter's camp formally fill out a complaint, and it can be months after the fight.
I am merely proposing to do it the week after the fight, and to make the process less cumbersome.

As I noted, there are many notable fights that could benefit of this: Machida & Rua I, Jon Jones & Gus I, GSP & Hendricks, Jon Reyes and many more.
I don't think they should do it for every fight, but the big ones that end in controversial faction should be reviewed as a matter of process, not as an exception.
Outcry?! You are proposing to relate on social media and fans, which is a bad idea. Such buzz can and will be artificially created. Plus you already make less known fighter less important, since their fights are not going to generate any outcry

Outcry?! You are proposing to relate on social media and fans, which is a bad idea. Such buzz can and will be artificially created. Plus you already make less known fighter less important, since their fights are not going to generate any outcry

Again, you are just looking to nitpick and complain about nothing.

I specifically said media (not social media).

Much like when media voted for GSP & Hendricks (just to give an example):
Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 47-48 Hendricks
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Hendricks
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network 47-48 Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Hendricks
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Hendricks
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 47-48 Hendricks
Chris Nelson
Mike Whitman
MMAWeekly.com 47-48 Hendricks
Brent Brookhouse
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Hendricks
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Nathan McCarter
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 47-48 Hendricks
FightMetric.com 47-48 Hendricks

And these sites/reporters above invariably watch all fights in the card, so I am not looking to screw the little guy. Quite the opposite.

The fact that all these sites voted against the judges decision should be enough to kickstart a review.

But wait! There's more!!
We can add referees and active and retired fighters to have a say.

if the majority are saying it is a controversial decision, then review!

it's not that complicated!

If you want to beat Jones in a decision don't lose the last 2 rounds. Jones never quits. His heart and conditioning is insane. I think Jones wins the rematch easier because Reyes really emptied the tank trying to score points in the first 3 rounds. So he likely tries to pace himself more In the rematch, and Jones gets ahead early. And when Jones gets ahead it is over..

Again, you are just looking to nitpick and complain about nothing.

I specifically said media (not social media).

Much like when media voted for GSP & Hendricks (just to give an example):
Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 47-48 Hendricks
Tim Burke
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network 47-48 Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Hendricks
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Hendricks
Jordan Breen
Chris Nelson
Mike Whitman
MMAWeekly.com 47-48 Hendricks
Brent Brookhouse
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Hendricks
Craig Amos
Nathan McCarter
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 47-48 Hendricks
FightMetric.com 47-48 Hendricks

And these sites/reporters above invariably watch all fights in the card, so I am not looking to screw the little guy. Quite the opposite.

The fact that all these sites voted against the judges decision should be enough to kickstart a review.

But wait! There's more!!
We can add referees and active and retired fighters to have a say.

if the majority are saying it is a controversial decision, then review!

it's not that complicated!
Hell no, journalists are no different from regular fans, they are not professionals in judging mma fights. What happens if a new media arrives? How it can register to have a vote? And what if that media controlled by one of fighters, like MacLife?
Judging must be done by professionals and there should be a fixed number of people to make decisions like that, not some random folks from the street, aka journalists.

Reyes: 1+2+3=6
Jones: 4+5=9

9>6
Jones Winner!
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Hell no, journalists are no different from regular fans, they are not professionals in judging mma fights. What happens if a new media arrives? How it can register to have a vote? And what if that media controlled by one of fighters, like MacLife?
Judging must be done by professionals and there should be a fixed number of people to make decisions like that, not some random folks from the street, aka journalists.
You got no point.
Journalists who are professional journalists and cover MMA should indeed have a vote.
Judging is done by professionals. And should continue to be so.

All you can do is cry about nothing and claim it won't work without even trying.

You got no point.
Journalists who are professional journalists and cover MMA should indeed have a vote.
Judging is done by professionals. And should continue to be so.

All you can do is cry about nothing and claim it won't work without even trying.
Dude, your idea sucks and I explained why.

That would be an unmitigated disaster on almost every front. Good news it it will never happen.

Dude, your idea sucks and I explained why.
Sorry, kid.
But you just attempted to shut it down with asinine reasons.

Journalists are not just fans.
The review would be done by judges and referees.

there's absolutely no reason not to do that, other than the fact you don't like changes.... or you rather someone who deserved to lose one of those controversial fights I mentioned remain the winner.

Whatever is your agenda, it is obvious that it is not to better the sport.

Sorry, kid.
But you just attempted to shut it down with asinine reasons.

Journalists are not just fans.
The review would be done by judges and referees.

there's absolutely no reason not to do that, other than the fact you don't like changes.... or you rather someone who deserved to lose one of those controversial fights I mentioned remain the winner.

Whatever is your agenda, it is obvious that it is not to better the sport.
Oh, I am sorry to hurt your feelings! You probably thought that you had a bright idea, that none ever had before you. Well, welcome to real life, you are not the first and you are not the last. Don't get angry at me, cause judging by how popular your thread is and how many people seems to agree with your "clever" idea, I am not the only one.
But don't let it bring you down! You should probably go directly to Dana White, he will surely give you a job and tonnes of money!

Oh, I am sorry to hurt your feelings! You probably thought that you had a bright idea, that none ever had before you. Well, welcome to real life, you are not the first and you are not the last. Don't get angry at me, cause judging by how popular your thread is and how many people seems to agree with your "clever" idea, I am not the only one.
But don't let it bring you down! You should probably go directly to Dana White, he will surely give you a job and tonnes of money!
LOL
Kid, I know changes are hard when you are a sheep. You are just too used to accept what there is now, and it is hard to think outside the box.
Heck, to you, thinking is difficult overall, so you just throw up excuses and justifications instead.

You are triggered because you thought you had "all the answers" and I showed you how asinine were your responses.
But keep trying, kid.
Maybe someday you will try to think of solutions rather justifications to the problems.

LOL
Kid, I know changes are hard when you are a sheep. You are just too used to accept what there is now, and it is hard to think outside the box.
Heck, to you, thinking is difficult overall, so you just throw up excuses and justifications instead.

You are triggered because you thought you had "all the answers" and I showed you how asinine were your responses.
But keep trying, kid.
Maybe someday you will try to think of solutions rather justifications to the problems.
Good luck, son! I guess we are soon to hear about you in the news from those journalist you are talking about. Go on, show us all how primitive and stupid we are and how lucky to live in your era! Make the difference!
<Kpop775>

Good luck, son! I guess we are soon to hear about you in the news from those journalist you are talking about. Go on, show us all how primitive and stupid we are and how lucky to live in your era! Make the difference!
<Kpop775>
Don't "we" anyone, kid.
You are the only dumbfuck that claims a journalist is "just a fan" .

Don't "we" anyone, kid.
You are the only dumbfuck that claims a journalist is "just a fan" .
Anyone can be a journalist, you idiot. But that is not the subject. The subject is your "bright" idea. So when do we hear the news about it becoming the reality?
<{1-69}>

Anyone can be a journalist, you idiot. But that is not the subject. The subject is your "bright" idea. So when do we hear the news about it becoming the reality?
<{1-69}>
anybody, kid?
<LikeReally5>
Go do your research before you drop more of those pearls of wisdom, because you are just proving my point (that you are a clueless opionated fool).
Let me get you started: a link with the best Accredited Online Journalism Degrees. That can help show you that not everyone that writes a blog is a journalist as you are trying to imply.

https://www.guidetoonlineschools.co...kdM2GJ54qQmHA5LFor7HiXN0MCYtUImxoCjz0QAvD_BwE

<LucyBless>

Any time Jon wins and it's close or sometimes even if he beats the shit out of people sherdog wants to overhaul mma. Like clockwork

Back