Fight predictions you were sure would happen, but never did.

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What are some fight predictions you were sure would happen, but never did?

I mean, I was so sure Lombard was gonna obliterate Boestch in devastating highlight reel fashion, then next thing you know, we got like one of the most lackluster fights we've seen up to date.

I was so sure that the Silva vs. Bonnar fight was going the distance because Bonnar's never been stopped before but Silva defied the laws of physics and put a well timed knee on the solar plexus of Bonnar.

I also thought since Nate Diaz was having his way w/ everybody at LW & beat Miller & Cerrone a little worse than Benson did that he could beat Benson. My heart was saying Benson that fight but my mind was thinking Diaz. I'm glad Benson won though.

Just for a bonus, has there ever been a fight where your prediction came right while everybody else disagreed with you?

I called for Velasquez to outstrike & outgrapple JDS pre-155, but everybody disagreed and said the last thing Cain could do was outstrike JDS, maybe just outgrapple him but most expected the 2nd fight to go like the 1st.

Oh & I know people were doubting Barao as well & I believed he'd beat Faber, but everybody said Faber had too much experience for someone like Barao. Glad it came down to a one sided beating lol.

What say you Sherdog?

Shogun - Forrest

Rampage - Forrest

Round 1 of Machida vs Jones had me saying "I told you he was the one to beat him! Look how frustrated he is" the turnaround was quite heartbreaking

Shogun - Forrest

Rampage - Forrest

It's crazy how mediocre Forrest has become as a fighter nowadays, it's also kinda saddening that he beat Shogun in Shogun's debut & Rampage to take the title. His last fight w/ Ortiz was all kinds of disappointment with how his journey is slowly coming to an end.

Round 1 of Machida vs Jones had me saying "I told you he was the one to beat him! Look how frustrated he is" the turnaround was quite heartbreaking

Yeah Machida looked like that guy in the 1st round to give Jones his hardest test yet then Jones goes on, leaves a fat cut above his eyebrow and chokes him out unconcious, very heartbreaking indeed.

I was positive that BJ was going to beat Diaz.

I was confident Fedor would get the win over Werdum and Silva.

First fight that came to mind was Cro Cop vs Gonzaga, told everybody Cro Cop would surely KO Gonzaga.

But on the brighter side, I saved a few sports betting friends a bunch of money when I told them not to bet on Faber vs Barao, and predicted it would be close decision for Barao.

Fedor beating Werdum
CroCop beating Gonzaga

I was sure Boetsch was going to beat Phillipou. Which was unusual because I'm very picky on who I'm sure will win. But it just seemed too easy a bet. Costa as the favorite and Boetsch being having more tools seemed too good to pass up.

I predicted that Condit versus Diaz was going to be the greatest fight of the decade.

Then Condit put on his running shoes and took a shit all over that prediction.

I was sure the JDS would smash Cain a second time. Hope he still will get the chance.

I predicted that Condit versus Diaz was going to be the greatest fight of the decade.

Then Condit put on his running shoes and took a shit all over that prediction.

came to mind as well

natural born killer

/butthurt

Shogun Forrest & Liddell Jardine >(

MMMM same event too. One outcome that I was kind of sure about was Chael beating Anderson second time around :/

On a better note, I was pretty confident in Cain that he would beat JDS in the rematch, just not the way he did.

Last edited:
Back