Fight predictions you were sure would happen, but never did.

Off the top of my head:

I had a feeling that Condit would beat Diaz, that Lauzon would beat Guillard, and that Overeem would find a way against Lesnar (but was shocked by the domination).

On the other hand, I was so sure that Mitrione would knock out Kongo that I considered putting money on it. Glad I didn't.

i honestly belived mitrione would use leg kicks to stop big country

I was pretty confident Hominick was going to murk Korean Zombie. In fact i was hoping the fight got canceled or someone pulled out with an injury because i didn't want to see KZ lose.

Just for a bonus, has there ever been a fight where your prediction came right while everybody else disagreed with you?

Didn't see the second question. Tons of JDS fans laughed at me when i said Cain would dominate him.

Also, everyone scoffed at the idea of Cain stopping Brock in the first round. Everyone was all "not even Carwin could do it and he hits harder than Cain!". Lol, that was a sweet victory.

Um, let's see...Vitor/Akiyama went exactly how i thought it would, though i don't know how many others didn't see it going that way. I know there are more but i can't think of any. Next month you can add Frankie/Aldo to the list as well.

Didn't see the second question. Tons of JDS fans laughed at me when i said Cain would dominate him.

Also, everyone scoffed at the idea of Cain stopping Brock in the first round. Everyone was all "not even Carwin could do it and he hits harder than Cain!". Lol, that was a sweet victory.

Um, let's see...Vitor/Akiyama went exactly how i thought it would, though i don't know how many others didn't see it going that way. I know there are more but i can't think of any. Next month you can add Frankie/Aldo to the list as well.

Pretty easy call on Belfort/Sexyama, and I don't think you really blew anyone away with your prognistication skills on that one. The other two fights, great calls - Sherdog was definitely against you there.

Mitrione winning a decision over Nelson.

Okami winning a decision over Silva.

Palhares submitting Belcher.

Cro Cop knocking out Gonzaga.

Jim Miller winning a decision over Diaz.

The list goes on and on.

Wrong: I never saw the Siver vs. Phan fight going the way it did. I thought it was going to be those two exchanging body striker until Siver couldn't take it no more. Can't wait for Swanson vs. Siver! Swanson is on a serious streak.

Right: last one I can remember is predicting Jury defeating Johnson via decision.

JDS vs Cain

Fedor vs Werdum
Fedor vs Hendo
Fedor vs Pezao

then...

Fedor vs Jeff Monson
Fedor vs Staoshi Ishii
Fedor vs Pedro Rizzo

I was wrong about: Nate Diaz beating Bendo

I was right about Mir finishing Big Nog the second time.

Denis Kang in every one of his UFC fights.

Wrong:
GSP - Serra I
Lesnar - Carwin (I though Carwin would destroy Brock, which almost happened, but alas, Carwin gassed and that was that)
Penn - Edgar I (I thought BJ would finish Edgar. Um, he didn't.
Bader - Ortiz (I lost a bet with a friend, and it cost me a lobster dinner)

Right - I rarely pick underdogs that win (at least as per Sherdog)
I'm not sure if Sherdog was with me or against me - but the last fight I called right when all my friends were on the other side, was Sonnen-Marquardt.

Everyone will laugh - I'm laughing posting this, but in a moment of insanity I believed the Dan Hardy Hype vs GSP.

I was living in Leicester at the time and knew the guys he was training with and totally bought into a UK fighter delivering in the big show. How stupid was I?!!

But yeah - while the fight was happening I thought, how did i ever think GSP would lose?!!

I was sure that machida was going to smokeshow rampage

My greatest prediction was bj over Hughes way back in the day for the belt , my buddies thought I was a sorcerer

I was 105% sure that Chuck would destroy Jardine.

Pretty easy call on Belfort/Sexyama, and I don't think you really blew anyone away with your prognistication skills on that one. The other two fights, great calls - Sherdog was definitely against you there.

Yeah, which is why i pointed out i wasn't sure what peoples opinions on that fight were.

I was 105% sure that Chuck would destroy Jardine.

Forgot about this one. You can add Forrest/Shogun and pretty much every other fight from 2007 to that list. Crazy year in terms of upsets.

I thought Maynard would finish Edgar in their last fight.

I thought Brock - Reem would be highly competitive.

Shogun and Page would smash Forrest.

I thought Cowboy would smash Diaz (he would in a rematch)

I thought Rampage v Rashad would be fight of the year.

Every fight i think GSP will finish his opponent.

I have expected Struve to be KO's his last 3 fights

I could go on forever, I'm terrible at predicting lol

Several of my incorrect picks have already been mentioned, but here are a few new ones:

GSP / Hughes I
Wanderlei / Arona II
Diaz / Sanchez
Sylvia / Randy (very happy about the outcome though)
Sokoudjou / Lil Nog
Sokoudjou / Arona

One fight that I was glad I was wrong in had to be Hendricks vs. Fitch.
It revamped Fitch into becoming Broke Fitch.

Back