Fight Metric - Mighty Mouse ROBBED according to the statistics

Cejudo won and deserved to win

never get upset when point fighters lose

Condit won and so did DJ...thing is Condit wasnt champ. DJ was.

That was easily the most controversial title change ever
Agreed. It just feels dirty to see a champion of MM's caliber reign to end via awkward split decisions

Is any strike actually significant when you are that small?

Lol, I love this shit.

As a "manlet" myself with years of Boxing experience and the abiity to bench double my bodyweight I've always loved when dumbasses thought they could bully and intimadate me because they were bigger only to be quickly humbled and embarrassed when they found out there size meant nothing and they were not only weaker than me but also slower and incapable of throwing a proper punch.

Being taller does nothing for you if you're weak and don't know how to fight, it just gives you a false sense of security that will end up making you look like a fool when you get your ass kicked.

We all know how mma is scored. Don’t get taken down I guess. What do you want from me?

When asked what he thought of losing on all three judges score cards despite looking dominant in the fight buster Douglas said about the Tyson fight that the best decision is a knockout

it's true but people's hate for mighty mouse means they'll even accept lay and pray just to watch him lose

btw fuck mighty mouse

The statistics for lawler vs condit are also a similar case as this but lawler won
Are you kiding? Condit won that fight very, very clearly. The fight result should have been UD win for condit. Watch it again please..

According to the fightmetric Joanna outstriked Rose in every round yet sherdog didnt had any problem with it. It's the perspective of who you like more. I like DJ more and I wanted him to win, but after couple hours I have no doubt that he lost.

Thank heavens Cejudo won. I'm tired of having a new GOAT every ppv now.

Same with Joanna vs Rose 2. We need competent MMA judges and a whole new scoring system not based on the boxing one we have now. But literally according to the rules DJ should have won as Cejudo did nothing with those takedown and MMA fights are judged base on TOTAL strikes not my rules theirs as this fight was mostly standing and nothing happened on the ground.

1. Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
  2. Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.
  3. Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
  4. Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.
  5. Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
  6. Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.
  7. Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.
  8. The following objective scoring criteria shall be utilized by the judges when scoring a round:
    1. a round is to be scored as a 10-10 round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;
    2. a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;
    3. a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
    4. a round is to be scored as a 10-7 round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
  9. Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are either standing or on the ground, as follows:
    1. if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
      1. Effective grappling is weighed first; and
      2. Effective striking is then weighed
    2. If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
      1. Effective striking is weighed first; and
      2. Effective grappling is then weighed
    3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
    4. If a round ends with a relatively even amount of standing and canvas fighting, striking and grappling are weighed equally.

I really think takedowns that don't lead to damage shouldn't be weighed as much as ones that does.

Also judging by rounds is stupid for MMA.

The stats in question do not have DJ outpointing Cejudo in the 4th and 5th, and only by a small margin in the 2nd and that margin was not enough to offset the takedown and grappling control.

quality of strikes > number of strikes...and takedowns that go nowhere should not be rewarded nearly as much as effective striking. it's a FIGHT, not a wrestling match.

quality of strikes > number of strikes...and takedowns that go nowhere should not be rewarded nearly as much as effective striking. it's a FIGHT, not a wrestling match.
I completely agree. Johnson landed some very good kicks, specifically to the body. His leg kicks had some value, but weren't any kind of game changer. Johnson's striking was overall more effective than Cejudo's. This is especially true in the first and third rounds. In the fourth and fifth rounds, his striking was not clearly more effective than Cejudo's imo. In the second Johnson was marginally more effective, but not by a significant amount, and not by enough to win him the round against Cejudo's top control.

You are right that Cejudo didn't do much with his takedowns, but that doesn't completely nullify them. Had Mighty Mouse been dismantling him on the feet, Cejudo's takedowns would have been insufficient. But Johnson wasn't very busy and that amplified the effect of the takedowns.

Define significant strike for me. I don't mean your definition either, i want the judging one. If you understand the judges definition of a sig strike and you still think DJ won you are delusional. All this thread is people who don't read into a stat past the number value.

Back