Fight Metric - Mighty Mouse ROBBED according to the statistics

It's similar to GSP vs Hendricks, but the decision went the other way.
GSP won that fight but Hendricks did better than anyone else so there was a bias.
MM has been so dominant that to see him in a close fight is such a weird thing. IMO he edged it based on my understanding of MMA scoring criteria. Cejudo scored takedowns but was outstruck in every round. Effective striking is scored higher than effective grappling based on where the majority of the round takes place.

MM wins if he does stand and trade in a rematch trying to be more exciting. He was fighting differently than usual and that final exchange in the last round won Cejudo the fight. It reminded me of Diego Sanchez and his string of decisions based on aggression.

It was a great fight and made me a fan of MM

TDs that mostly went nowhere.

DJ outpointed him standing, while Cejudo largely held position on the ground and did very little damage.

terrible decision, because the judges don't understand what they are watching.

Did you read the stats posted? 3 TD's 2 passes. The only "MMA scored TD" that Henry was awarded in this fight where he DIDN'T follow it up with a pass was in the 5th round. Henry flat out won round 5 even if you take the damn TD away!!!
1/3rd of the strikes DJ landed were not scored as "significant". And that is usually a very liberally scored stat.
This is not Pride, and fights ARE NOT scored in their entirety. Henry took more rounds than MM. It is that simple, get over it.

If, as John McCarthy constantly tells us, effective striking is the first and most important judging criteria, then this should have been DJs fight. However, it's far from a robbery. It was close any way you look at it.

If I put your wife or girlfriend on her back, would you consider it to be a dominant position? Would you be upset, or would you be like nah man it’s cool... you’re not really doing anything?

Stats dont tell the full story. Cejudo won 2 rounds clearly. 5th was close but he landed more strikes while being the aggressor.

Also, those numbers are off. Did they even count the ground strikes Cejudo landed? Had MM in a head and arm while looking to pass guard in rd 2 but that doesnt count?

Last edited:
DJ won that easy. All poncho did was spam useless takedowns.

"Significant strikes" are not a judging statistic whatsoever. Presenting them as evidence someone got robbed means you don't know how judging works. There's no statistic that shows who won or lost. Judges don't always get it right, but the criteria are not statistics.

Back