Fight Metric - Mighty Mouse ROBBED according to the statistics

Looks like Cejudo won 2, 4 and 5 on that thanks to takedowns
People misuse significant strikes all the time to score fights. Fight metric is largely useless for scoring close fights, because it says nothing about how effective the striking actually was, how close sub attempts were to being locked in, who got hurt/rocked/cut, etc.

People really need to understand what a significant strike is before they go mouthing off about scoring with it. ALL it is is a volume metric that eliminates completely ineffective strikes. ALL jabs score. ALL leg kicks score. They score equally to a brutal knee that drops a guy.

A quick definition: significant strikes refer to all strikes at distance and power strikes in the clinch and on the ground. It does not include small, short strikes in the clinch and on the ground. Those will be included in the Total Strikes category.
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/01/ufc-leaders-significant-strikes-landed.html

I thought DJ won (took 1 and 3, and barely 2), but 2 is close enough to go the other way. Using the striking stats from fightmetric to score it is dumb though.

no_job_for_mighty_mouse_by_marcoslucky96-d85smi0.png

I felt like DJ won a very close one, Not a mm fan in the least

How many were leg kicks? Judges think leg kicks are girly moves. Frowned upon

He lost. Let the contempt you hold for DJ go.

Seems your saltiness over shadows any joy you have for Cejudo lol.
Oh, look who doesn’t know what the term “salty” means. LMAO!!!

Ummm the totals are heavily skewed because of how much he landed on the two rounds he won. The other three rounds are basically identical and it shows that the tds won Cejudo the fight.

Fuck your ‘math’ and ‘round by round scoring.’

Ahh, feels good to say.

In all seriousness, if one fighter damages the other fighter more, that’s significant, but both fighters were basically love tapped in that fight. So positional dominance matters a lot more.

Since when is a takedown that does no damage score more than many significant leg kicks + few body kicks?

The fight was close, and the score was a split decision

Whether you like the call or don’t, I don’t think it’s a robbery

I gotta rematch but there is a case for both men winning so giving it to one guy over the other isn’t terrible

henry trained extra hard on that hometown advantage, it really payed off as you can tell.
Dj needs to get with the times lmao.

Just hoping for a rematch at this point. As a long time wrestler I don't mind grapplefucking but you can't give someone a belt for securing takedowns if a majority of their takedowns were stuffed throughout the fight, someone like Cejudo is going to secure the takedown eventually. MM still should have turned it up every round, not sure if he thought he was up or what but I think giving up those takedowns got to his head fast.

TDs that mostly went nowhere.

DJ outpointed him standing, while Cejudo largely held position on the ground and did very little damage.

terrible decision, because the judges don't understand what they are watching.
The stats in question do not have DJ outpointing Cejudo in the 4th and 5th, and only by a small margin in the 2nd and that margin was not enough to offset the takedown and grappling control.

Clearly if you want the judges to favor you you have to first be in your hometown and then secondly all you gotta do is bring your opponent down and lay on them. It is a very exciting tactic which gets the crowds going and instantly wins you the round. Don't worry about being out struck. Your goal is to get that one take down. You guys are welcome for the pro tips.

The stats don't lie, robbery plain and simple.

View attachment 417083

Not so sure this proves a robbery, would argue it does the opposite actually. Looks like DJ landed 4 more significant strikes in RD.2 making the Takedown and control the biggest moment of the round, edge Henry.

Sig. strikes even in rd 4 making the TD and top control again the biggest moment in the RD. Edge Henry

RD.5 Henry landed 1 more sig strike plus got the takedown so that one is pretty clear. Edge Henry.

After seeing this, while I thought the fight was close and was pulling for DJ it looks like the judges actually used the scoring system the way it is supposed to be used and the right guy got the win.

You may want to delete this thread, lol

How? the rounds Cejudo was given the strikes were close enough and he had a td. Round 2 has a larger discrepancy in strikes, but Cejudo was on top for longer than he was in other rounds.
It was a close fight, robbery is for decisive wins that went another way.

I scored it 3-2 DJ but the stats make me think it should be 3-2 Cejudo

Back