Fight Metric: Jones vs Reyes

Dude, going into round 4 i knew for a fact Jon was going to win. I just knew it. There is no way he is ever going to lose a decision UNLESS all round is a 10-7 round. Jon will not lose a fight on 10-9 rounds.

The thing is Jones looked in control most of that fight. Whether he was or not and whether Reyes outstruck him or not, by early round 3 Reyes looked gassed and was spending more and more time backing away and letting Jones control the fight. Jones looked fresher and had a great poker face. He looked like the one winning and in control. That has an effect on the judges.

It was a close close fight and we will probably see a rematch. Reyes will need to up his cardio though. He can't slow down the pace though because that will definitely favor Jones. He needs to be able to keep his first round and a half pace for 5 rounds.

I had it 3-2 for Jones but my wife had it 3-2 Reyes.

Listen, you have to beat the champ of the decade.

Real talk, for 10 years the UFC has spent millions promoting Jon Jones. If you want to destroy all those years of work from the entire organization and champion, you have to take it from him.

This is the highest level, just like any sport and with investments, shit...betting odds alone, you can't leave room for a champion.

Reyes got backed up and if you judge the fight from how it ended, he did not win the fight FROM THAT SPECIFIC PERSPECTIVE

Why is no one looking at efficiency though. Reyes landed a few more Sig. Strikes but look how much more he threw. Jones was landing as well in rounds 1-3, not as much, but at a way more efficient rate. These stats dont show clear rounds for Reyes lmaoo stupid

This is so off the mark that is laughable.
I agree that statistics are only one part of the story, but your argument is ridiculous. So, if you throw only one punch and it connects, you will avoid throwing more punches to avoid damaging your 100% efficiency?
LOL

It's a lot of goofs on this thread

Close fight, but reyes loses by the criteria and by common sense

Reyes focused the head, got no knockdowns, and could not relieve the pressure from Jones. There was no immediate damage (most important in effective striking) and no cumulative damage (second most important)

Jones landed to the body and legs and reyes slowed significantly over the course of the fight (helped along by reyes being very inaccurate compared to Jones) You can boo hoo about fighters not headhunting, but the cumulative damage was there. He put change in the bank and it paid off. At best it's too close to call

So we move past the takedowns because now people don't care about them but have WAR guida in their sig and into the aggression

Jones was the more effective striker and aggressor. Accuracy should definitely matter in judging, but even without it, Jones won

This is so off the mark that is laughable.
I agree that statistics are only one part of the story, but your argument is ridiculous. So, if you throw only one punch and it connects, you will avoid throwing more punches to avoid damaging your 100% efficiency?
LOL
Yeah you're just as dumb as the other dude. We aren't talking hypothetical situations, we are talking about this fight. Where reyes threw 90 more strikes while only landing 8 more than jones. That doesn't bother you? That someone can back up the whole fight, miss over half their strikes, but if they land 8 more strikes they win? If you read my statement I'm literally telling you all those missed strikes for barely more strikes landed, doesn't point to a clear round for reyes. You're dumb bro, but almost 90 percent of this thread lack the comprehension to even respond to a post with something relevant

Only losers cry over stuff they can't control, winners move on with life

Babies-Should-Be-Picked-Up-Every-Time-They-Cry.jpg

You typing up a storm and looking for affirmation of your bias won't change the outcome of the fight

Move on losers

You typing up a storm and looking for affirmation of your bias won't change the outcome of the fight

Move on losers
Lmaoo fr though

Yeah you're just as dumb as the other dude. We aren't talking hypothetical situations, we are talking about this fight. Where reyes threw 90 more strikes while only landing 8 more than jones. That doesn't bother you? That someone can back up the whole fight, miss over half their strikes, but if they land 8 more strikes they win? If you read my statement I'm literally telling you all those missed strikes for barely more strikes landed, doesn't point to a clear round for reyes. You're dumb bro, but almost 90 percent of this thread lack the comprehension to even respond to a post with something relevant

What to reply to someone who fails to understand that in a fight... you strike?
But hey, don't worry, keep posting so you can keep your 100% dumbness efficiency.

What to reply to someone who fails to understand that in a fight... you strike?
But hey, don't worry, keep posting so you can keep your 100% dumbness efficiency.
Jones landed 107 strikes, how did he not strike? he was just wayyyyyy more efficient while Reyes, barey landed more than jon while swinging at air for most the round. If amount of strikes landed is all that matters, why do we even have judges. Why dont we just give the fighter with the better stats the win lmaoo. You're a joke dude. You have no logical response you're just in your feelings

Jones landed 107 strikes, how did he not strike? he was just wayyyyyy more efficient while Reyes, barey landed more than jon while swinging at air for most the round. If amount of strikes landed is all that matters, why do we even have judges. Why dont we just give the fighter with the better stats the win lmaoo. You're a joke dude. You have no logical response you're just in your feelings
Tell that to Carlos Condit, and Edson Barboza

Sorry, but you are pulling arguments out of your ass: I never said that landed strikes statistics are the only thing that matters. This is ridiculous. Not even in boxing, where you have no kicks or mat technique, that statistic is valid. But you seems to believe that when a fighter misses a strike is because of incompetence or something like that, something that is detrimental to the final score. This is absurd, as you must consider the ability of your opponent to avoid contact.
This is why I can't even bother with Fight Metric stats, are ridiculous and never ever tell the story of a fight.
But to throw the "efficiency" rate or something, is just plain lack of understanding how a contact sport works.
But keep trying. Your score is now only 93% efficient.

Reyes through some nice combos that didn’t land ... I bet those counted as strikes landed. The stats don’t mean much sometimes

Jon Jones fans still in damage control...hahaha...all of them know he lost, but they wont admit it.

When you start talking about "efficiency to score a fight" you know you lost....

Reyes is the uncrowned LHW champ.

Move on losers
Well it has changed the perception of Jones.

He's just mediocre without roids. We all see that now.

Sorry, but you are pulling arguments out of your ass: I never said that landed strikes statistics are the only thing that matters. This is ridiculous. Not even in boxing, where you have no kicks or mat technique, that statistic is valid. But you seems to believe that when a fighter misses a strike is because of incompetence or something like that, something that is detrimental to the final score. This is absurd, as you must consider the ability of your opponent to avoid contact.
This is why I can't even bother with Fight Metric stats, are ridiculous and never ever tell the story of a fight.
But to throw the "efficiency" rate or something, is just plain lack of understanding how a contact sport works.
But keep trying. Your score is now only 93% efficient.
So in boxing judging, which is a contact sport (even tho I think you mean combat), you think they dont take efficiency into account lmaooo. Again, why show number of strikers thrown or even mention it like commentators due, especially in boxing, if that doesn't matter? Compubox wouldn't show it and neither would fightmetric. You're actually dumb to bring boxing into it lmaooo they 200 % take efficiency into account, ask floyd Mayweather lol. You're a joke dude,you dont know what you're talking about just stop replying to me lol

Lmaooo classic sherdog quote right here. Throwing efficiency rate into a contact sports shows my lack of understanding of it,when literally every COMBAT sport tracks efficiency by showing the amount of strikes landed, compared to the amount of strikes thrown. You sir are by far the dumbest person I've encountered on here lol hands down. You dont even know what efficiency means I feel like lmao

Last edited:
So you dont want leg and body kicks to count now? Lmaoo. How is this is response to what I said? I'm saying even in the rounds that Reyes landed more than Jones, he was way less efficient than Jones. Reyes ended the fight landing 8 more strikes, while throwing nearly 100 more strikes lmaoo. While backing up

I don't agree with the "efficiency" bit. If I throw 50 punches and land 25, that's better than you throwing and landing 10 out of 10, assuming that the strikes that land are equal.

But I do agree that I'm not just counting strikes and giving the round to whoever lands the most. It matters how hard and how clean the strikes land. Moving forward, and body language in general, matter too.

Under the scoring system that exists I still give the nod to Reyes, but the decision doesn't bother me because if you throw the scoring system out, I think Jones won that fight. When fights are close (like this one was) and the fighters run out of time to get to a clear cut winner via stoppage (as they did in this one) I have no issue with the fight going to the guy who most looked like he would win if the fight was allowed to continue until its authentic conclusion (which I think happened here).

Back