Fight Metric: Jones vs Reyes

JoshTehV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Reyes outstruck jones through rounds 1-3 by a total of 24 strikes
While Jones edged Reyes through rounds 4-5 by a total of 12 strikes and 2 td's that lead to almost zero accumulated damage or any real offensive positions such as half guard etc.

View media item 32719http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/fae99a4089f8abb0

I gotta say, this decision is fucking infuriating. Even the commentators were biased as well, they said everything they could just to beat around the bush not saying Reyes has this fight in the bag.

Last edited:
View media item 32719View media item 32719Reyes outstruck jones through rounds 1-3 by a total of 24 strikes
While Jones edged Reyes through rounds 4-5 by a total of 12 strikes and 2 td's that lead to almost zero accumulated damage or any real offensive positions such as half guard etc.

I gotta say, this decision is fucking infuriating. Even the commentators were biased as well, they said everything they could just to beat around the bush not saying Reyes has this fight in the bag.
Commentary was shit tonight. He needed a finish IMO and I am a bigger fan of Jones than Reyes. Reyes won rounds 1,2, and 3. But losing 4, and 5 and Jones never looked phased even when he was taking damage all plays to the judges. Jones not gassing and Reyes looking completely gassed plays to the judges.

I feel bad for Reyes he should be the champ and Jones should get an instant rematch. But hey, never leave it to the poor MMA judges. And Jones has a granite chin and never looked let's say concussed. He did straight up run and he did look like he was not necessarily hurt but just unable to handle Reyes in the early rounds however.

Last edited:
Commentary was shit tonight. He needed a finish IMO and I am a bigger fan of Jones than Reyes. Reyes won rounds 1,2, and 3. But losing 4, and 5 and Jones never looked phased even when he was taking damage all plays to the judges. Jones not gassing and Reyes looking completely gassed plays to the judges.

I feel bad for Reyes he should be the champ and Jones should get an instant rematch. But hey, never leave it to the poor MMA judges. And Jones has a granite chin and never looked let's say concussed. He did straight up run and he did look like he was not necessarily hurt but just unable to handle Reyes in the early rounds however.
I disagree he just had a good poker face, he was hurt a few times in there. I mean he literally tucked his tail and pulled a mcgregor on several occasions. One could say he pulled an overeem lol. It was a sad showing for a supposed all time goat with a scarred up injection site on his stomachView media item 32725View media item 32723View media item 32721

No, no, no
You don't understand
Fightmetric stats don't mean anything.
They meant everything last July when Jones got the decision over Thiago but as of tonight they are meaningless since they show him getting clealry outstruck

No, no, no
You don't understand
They meant everything last July when Jones got the decision over Thiago but as of tonight they are meaningless since they show him getting clealry outstruck
This only further cements my will to never pay for a ufc card

LOL I walked out before the decision was made. Another Jones getting pumped but will somehow "win" with the worst judging since boxing. Maybe just as bad. Then I see the thousands of posts online by casuals even like "how did Jon win tho?".......Even Jon knew he lost by a fair margin. 49-46?! That cunt should have his whole family dismembered for that.

Reyes won that fight 3-2 easily.

<Fedor23>

I had it 3-2 jones, rd 2 seems to be the most disputed round

LOL I walked out before the decision was made. Another Jones getting pumped but will somehow "win" with the worst judging since boxing. Maybe just as bad. Then I see the thousands of posts online by casuals even like "how did Jon win tho?".......Even Jon knew he lost by a fair margin. 49-46?! That cunt should have his whole family dismembered for that.
I was thinking they gave it to him on account of like 3-4 generations of the joneses being present but fuck that shit. cowboy decapitated in front of his grandma and then shafted by the ufc for his pay. Fuck the ufc, they really do need a fighters union because this is fucking ridiculous. Hell they could garner the power to have fighters oversee decisions such as this and maybe they could overturn things cus this is fucking ridiculous

I had it 3-2 jones, rd 2 seems to be the most disputed round
oi ill fuking kill you mate
latest

Reyes outstruck jones through rounds 1-3 by a total of 24 strikes

Why is no one looking at efficiency though. Reyes landed a few more Sig. Strikes but look how much more he threw. Jones was landing as well in rounds 1-3, not as much, but at a way more efficient rate. These stats dont show clear rounds for Reyes lmaoo stupid

I love it, wish it wasn't so close so you would be even more salty.

Why is no one looking at efficiency though. Reyes landed a few more Sig. Strikes but look how much more he threw. Jones was landing as well in rounds 1-3, not as much, but at a way more efficient rate. These stats dont show clear rounds for Reyes lmaoo stupid
Fuck that noise, thats for the birds. I want it to account for every fucking cc of blood lost because he had his nose leaking at the end of the 3rd. Jon does land more but he lands more by landing a fuck ton of leg and body kicks you dunce. its like you've never watched a jones fight?

Im sorry, but just because you land 6 more strikes does not mean you should win an entire round. Espcially considering you miss over 30 shots. WHy do you people think that counts at being "outstruck"

No, no, no
You don't understand
Outstruck doesn't mean just landing more, it also means who was landing at the better rate. Reyes wasn't as efficient as Jones, and besides the first round, I dont ever think he hurt Jones at all. Close fight. But calling it a clear win for either is ignoring the whole picture

I love it, wish it wasn't so close so you would be even more salty.
I take Dana's opinion over yours any day for what its worth
Outstruck doesn't mean just landing more, it also means who was landing at the better rate. Reyes wasn't as efficient as Jones, and besides the first round, I dont ever think he hurt Jones at all. Close fight. But calling it a clear win for either is ignoring the whole picture
literally almost half of jones strikers were fucking leg kicks

Fuck that noise, thats for the birds. I want it to account for every fucking cc of blood lost because he had his nose leaking at the end of the 3rd. Jon does land more but he lands more by landing a fuck ton of leg and body kicks you dunce. its like you've never watched a jones fight?
So you dont want leg and body kicks to count now? Lmaoo. How is this is response to what I said? I'm saying even in the rounds that Reyes landed more than Jones, he was way less efficient than Jones. Reyes ended the fight landing 8 more strikes, while throwing nearly 100 more strikes lmaoo. While backing up

Im sorry, but just because you land 6 more strikes does not mean you should win an entire round. Espcially considering you miss over 30 shots. WHy do you people think that counts at being "outstruck"
And how is posting with open fingers a proper defence and with zero point deductions over the course of his career. hes probably been warned in the the high double digits at this point. How is that not biased? I've seen immediate deductions for other things, but you Jon Jones supporters hate on DC when he does it. Reyes was slipping and countering hard, Jon only did that in flashes where Reyes really stuck it to him in the first. Point me at another fighter that made Jon look like that during an entire round. Now find me one who did it for 2, because we all agree reyes won at least 2 right? He made Jon's boxing look pretty bad to me. Jon's always had a good kicking game, which is why it accounts for like 40% of his strikes landed. He did have amazing head movement in the pocket though , that surprised me

Back