Fight Metric: Jones vs Reyes

Everyone was heavily biased towards Jones... IDK why.

I noticed that people only care about fight metrics when it favors the person they wanted to win and not the fighter with alot of haters.

For example, no one gave a shit about the metrics when Joanna outstruck Rose in the rematch because JJ was hated at that point.

http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/829b3ee4145a1ae6

LOL I walked out before the decision was made. Another Jones getting pumped but will somehow "win" with the worst judging since boxing. Maybe just as bad. Then I see the thousands of posts online by casuals even like "how did Jon win tho?".......Even Jon knew he lost by a fair margin. 49-46?! That cunt should have his whole family dismembered for that.

Dude, going into round 4 i knew for a fact Jon was going to win. I just knew it. There is no way he is ever going to lose a decision UNLESS all round is a 10-7 round. Jon will not lose a fight on 10-9 rounds.

The fight was a draw, but the fact everyone ignores Jones defense in the fight is weird.

Jones was more efficient and a lot of strikes people were ooh and ahhing over didn't even land.

Why are people forgetting about the knockdown? Jones had great defense when he got rocked several times turned his back and did his best McGregor impression.

I'm not doing a hypothetical though. I'm talking about this fight. Where there are actual stats, not some made up ones you pull from your ass(even in your made up scenario the efficiency rate is way closer than the jones fight). Jones landed slightly less, while reyes through wayyyyyy more. Meaning he was more efficient. If jones was running, and not engaging and that's why Reyes was missing that is one thing, but instead it was reyes who was on his bike for most the fight, while also whiffing and missing a shit load of punches. To say someone was outstruck because he took 8 more shots while moving forward 95 percent of a 5 round fight is just being delusional and not looking at the whole picture. You're effectively saying that efficiency shouldn't matter in striking, which is nonsense

What you call being "on his bike" was a great fight strategy against a fighter with monster reach intent on kicking your kneecaps in. What was he supposed to do stand in front of Jones and get lead elbows to the face?

1,2 clearly Reyes
4, 5 clearly jones
Round 3 is close

49-46 is genuinely one of the worse scorecards ever

Why are people forgetting about the knockdown? Jones had great defense when he got rocked several times turned his back and did his best McGregor impression.
It wasn't a knockdown, wasn't counted as a knockdown. It was a slip lol

He also wasn't rocked.

Reyes outstruck jones through rounds 1-3 by a total of 24 strikes
While Jones edged Reyes through rounds 4-5 by a total of 12 strikes and 2 td's that lead to almost zero accumulated damage or any real offensive positions such as half guard etc.

View media item 32719http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/fae99a4089f8abb0

I gotta say, this decision is fucking infuriating. Even the commentators were biased as well, they said everything they could just to beat around the bush not saying Reyes has this fight in the bag.

If a decision to a close fight “infuriates” you, you have way too much invested emotionally.

No, no, no
You don't understand
Fightmetric stats don't mean anything.
They meant everything last July when Jones got the decision over Thiago but as of tonight they are meaningless since they show him getting clealry outstruck
Pointing out your own logical inconsistencies? The only problem is Jones was more accurate, thus making this idea completely irrelevant. Unless of course defense and accuracy aren’t scored in MMA. I know they are in boxing.

Outstruck doesn't mean just landing more, it also means who was landing at the better rate. Reyes wasn't as efficient as Jones, and besides the first round, I dont ever think he hurt Jones at all. Close fight. But calling it a clear win for either is ignoring the whole picture
It’s ignoring the whole picture and showing that you are too blinded by emotion to be judging fights.

Im sorry, but just because you land 6 more strikes does not mean you should win an entire round. Espcially considering you miss over 30 shots. WHy do you people think that counts at being "outstruck"
Fanboys

Can you please acknowledge though that this is not how UFC judging works? The judges are not instructed to calculate efficiency and factor that into who won each round. It may be how you prefer a fight to be scored, but it isn't how they are scored.
I mentioned that in another response. Not going to repeat the same shit every time I post.

What you call being "on his bike" was a great fight strategy against a fighter with monster reach intent on kicking your kneecaps in. What was he supposed to do stand in front of Jones and get lead elbows to the face?
I've acknowledged it was a close fight. I never once criticized reyes on his strategy I was just telling you what I saw in the fight. Reyes was constantly, on his bike, while jon was moving forward. Just weird that while moving back the whole fight, Reyes threw so much more and landed only slightly more than jon. The stats don't support clear wins for either, that's all I was trying to say when bringing up efficiency.

bullshit judging, ufc can go and ... yourself you cheaters, will not buy any pay per views.

Im sorry, but just because you land 6 more strikes does not mean you should win an entire round. Espcially considering you miss over 30 shots. WHy do you people think that counts at being "outstruck"

Spot on. Rogan's commentary doesn't help either. Most of the strikes Jones defended were hyped by him with "WOW", it doesn't help at all because it creates a biased narrative. Reyes spent most of the fight waiting for the perfect counter and backing up..

And how is posting with open fingers a proper defence and with zero point deductions over the course of his career. hes probably been warned in the the high double digits at this point. How is that not biased? I've seen immediate deductions for other things, but you Jon Jones supporters hate on DC when he does it. Reyes was slipping and countering hard, Jon only did that in flashes where Reyes really stuck it to him in the first. Point me at another fighter that made Jon look like that during an entire round. Now find me one who did it for 2, because we all agree reyes won at least 2 right? He made Jon's boxing look pretty bad to me. Jon's always had a good kicking game, which is why it accounts for like 40% of his strikes landed. He did have amazing head movement in the pocket though , that surprised me

I mean I never said anything about that lol, why do you use strawman?

I do not agree with his eyepokes either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back