FFC 73: Oscar Miguel vs. Carlos Huachin | 14. March | UFC Fight Pass

Permante

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
431996177_952591676226921_240048547409880020_n.jpg

A UFC Fight Pass-event live from Lima, Peru.

running order

431989279_18327387994141967_3304844554518122126_n.jpg

Preface: Hi, I'm new to the forum and also to following MMA sports. I don't have much knowledge about it yet, but that doesn't stop me from hoping that it will be different in the future. My intention is to consistently score numerous interesting MMA events here in the forum, and hopefully, with the input of other members, I can quickly gain a good overview of MMA, which ideally will help me learn a lot more. :)

Reactions: Gio
Brenda Gottig - Anyela Perez

1. 9-10 (The records are 7-1 versus 0-2, seems like a clear-cut affair, but Perez brings the heat standing up and practically overwhelms Gottig. Can she maintain this pace though?)
  2. LTKO (The round goes better for Gottig, who collects quite a bit of control time on the ground. Towards the end, she loses position and falters, prompting the ref to step in.)

Piero Pineda - Franklin Flores

1. WKO (Pineda unleashes strong high kicks, putting significant pressure on Flores in the stand-up. Flores attempts to alleviate the pressure with wrestling, but the fight soon shifts back to standing, where Pineda lands body kicks that hurt Flores. Eventually, Flores crumbles, prompting the referee to intervene.)

Alan Sosa Dahua - Nicolas Rodriguez
  1. 10-9 (Rodriguez enters the cage with a Spanish Dragonball cover. It´s a stand-fight, with both fighters throwing a lot, but Sosa appears quicker and lands more shots.)
  2. 9-10 (Eventually, Sosa finds himself on his back and doesn't look good from there. Perhaps Rodriguez can win the fight with grappling.)
  3. 9-10 (The round was quite close. Sosa attempts an arm grip on the ground, but it doesn't fully connect. Later on, Rodriguez presses and manages some ground and pound. This may have been decisive for the fight.)
28-29

A close fight where Rodriguez seemed physically stronger and, in my opinion, also appeared more complete.

Verdict: 3x 29-28
UD Rodriguez

Animated GIF

Angel Escobar - Jonathan Gabriel Martinez

1. LTKO (Escobar gets hurt early and then tries to buy time with wrestling. Eventually, he finds himself on the ground, and Martinez forces the stoppage with hammer fists.)

Alvaro Andres Vacacela Guerrero - Adrian Mazza Miranda

1. 10-9 (Vacacela appears extremely strong in the stand-up. He also exhibits really good boxing skills, evident from Miranda's face, which looks quite marked after just 5 minutes.)
  2. 10-9 (the pace slows down now. Miranda lands some shots, but the better ones still come from Vacacela.)
  3. 10-9 (indeed, Vacacela manages a successful takedown in the last 10 seconds, so not the entire 15 minutes pass in the stand-up. What a versatile fighter he is! <Lmaoo>)
30-27

The fight started promisingly but became somewhat one-dimensional over time.

Verdict: UD Vacacela

Oscar Miguel - Carlos Huachin

1. 9-10 (now begins the big flyweight title fight. Surprisingly, it's only 3 rounds instead of 5. Neither lands particularly well, but in my eyes, Huachin was slightly more effective.)
  2. 10-9 (Miguel is at least more active and likely secures the round due to this advantage.)
  3. 10-9 (Miguel manages to land a kick or knee here and there, making the round more his. However, Huachin lands a nice hard shot towards the end. The crowd cheers vigorously, creating a great atmosphere in Peru, but both fighters start to mess around, failing to convert the excitement into action, which seems somewhat disappointing. Weak finish.)
29-28

That was a pretty close fight, which could potentially be scored the other way around. I'll now trust the experts.

Verdict: Miguel is still the Fusion FC-champion in the flyweight division.

Miguel is awarded the victory and becomes the new flyweight champion. There are some scattered boos, which surely come from Huachin's camp. A verbal altercation ensues between the two fighters, and they have to be separated. They apparently have a strong dislike for each other.

That's it from Peru for now. Until next time.

Back