Social Female NYT journalists argue that testosterone does not boost athletic performance

lol @ nobody actually wanting to argue against the studies she talked about.

Anyway the problem with those studies are they're comparing athletes from one sport to athletes from another sport and using the average testosterone of them to make a conclusion. This is a dumb way to make a conclusion on test because athletes training for one sport will have advantages suited for that specific sport and other similar sports. The way to properly compare would be to get a baseline performance of those athletes at their sport and even other sports, then let them take a 12 week cycle of test and come back and see how their performances compare to what they were 12 weeks ago.

That's how you test for the effects of testosterone, not by comparing different athletes, you compare the same athletes with and without additional test.

Yeah I knew the science was shit when it said they compared weightlifters with runners lol. Maybe they should have consulted with an exercise physiologist or sports science professor before writing a bullshit study?

Frame? As in her height and shoulder width? Sure it won't change and it doesn't matter. Vitor's 'frame' didn't change either.
iu

What changes is everything I outlined, everything that makes males (through testosterone) faster, stronger, more powerful, etc. Performance is the important aspect here, not frame.
Pictures like this make me wish I had friends who knew where to find gear

When conservatives point out the left's anti-science stances, this is what they are taking about.

When I want to hear about the advantages of testosterone in athletic competition, I want to hear it from some dork at the NYT, who has never been an athlete.

That said, if the testosterone levels are naturally high, is it fair to ban the athlete? I don't know about that.

Aw, c'mon. One author has an anthropology degree and then other is a chair of a gender studies department. We should totally take their op ed seriously

That’s ridiculous.

Genetic advantages should not be held against anyone - male or female.

If a woman is born with a beard and muscles to boot; let the fucking girl use them in sporting competition.

If a dude is blessed with a strong soprano voice; then let him start a hair metal band.

Then why do we have male and female sports?

Isn't title IX discriminatory then?

You sure you want to argue that?

Remove all gender speration from sports. Start with MMA, Football (hand-egg), power lifting and track and field. See how that goes.

No woman will be top 200 in any sport. Not even He-Rena of Greyskull

When I want to hear about the advantages of testosterone in athletic competition, I want to hear it from some dork at the NYT, who has never been an athlete.

That said, if the testosterone levels are naturally high, is it fair to ban the athlete? I don't know about that

Yes.It still gives her a massive advantage over normal women.

That’s why I have carpal tunnel...

Still can’t find what I was looking for, took a detour and got lost
google brotherhoodofpain

Make an acct, hit up the sponsors section. Get what you want assuming its legal in your home country of course.

Meh. Desegregate sports then. The world won't be missing much by killing women's basketball, WMMA, etc.

Pictures like this make me wish I had friends who knew where to find gear
Vitor was on TRT so if you want to follow his example just talk to your doctor and ask if TRT is right for you.

And these deranged lunatics have the nerve to call Christians "Science Deniers".

Cool, Vitor can fight women now if he drops that T a bit more.

See what I'm saying? The testosterone level for competition is not really the biggest problem here, it's her being a male (or before I knew she was XY, having the body of a male).
Yes, people are being obnoxious about your assertion. Obviously current T levels matter, male body shape also matters, even old low T Vitor is a lot stronger than a similar aged woman.
Semenya is a dude.

I'll add this to the list of the new gender mythos.

-TRT and roids are placebos.
-You don't need two X chromosomes to mensturate.
-There are no biological differences between men and women.
-If you won't date chicks with dicks you're a biggot.
-Men can get pregnant.
-Feelings trump reality.

What am I missing? This is fun.

How come this piece doesn't explain why males perform so much better in athletics than females? I mean, all those words to explain how testosterone doesn't boost athletic performance but no analysis of why peoplekind who experience higher levels of testosterone during development completely crush the athletic performance of those who don't. I wonder why that is.

That is not always the case. The article specifically states that within sports those with the most T are not always the top performers and across sports those with higher T do better in some sports while those with lower T do better than others.

Also it is not uncommon for women to have more T than low T men. If moving a sofa with me, I'll take the low T man.

That is not always the case. The article specifically states that within sports those with the most T are not always the top performers and across sports those with higher T do better in some sports while those with lower T do better than others.

Also it is not uncommon for women to have more T than low T men. If moving a sofa with me, I'll take the low T man.
That's very uncommon.

Back