Social Female NYT journalists argue that testosterone does not boost athletic performance

She doesn't have a womb. Doesn't have ovaries. Does have Testes. I think she was basically raised wrong. lol.

She has XY chromosomes. Weird how that isn't being mentioned in all these pieces that have been written about the issue in the last couple days.

She has XY chromosomes. Weird how that isn't being mentioned in all these pieces that have been written about the issue in the last couple days.

Oh yeah, forgot that part. It is clear they are not mentioning those things for a reason.

You seem to be confused.
Her being "naturally androgenous" (an extremely masculine 'female') is a direct result of having a much higher level of androgens (aka testosterone) which grow your muscle mass, increase bone density, burn fat, and change all sorts of metabolic processes shifting her physiology closer to a male (which as you noticed is very hard to hide, Cyborg would be a good example too).
Testosterone is not a secondary, but a primary role. And probably the only one that matters.
I'm aware of these things, but I think you're not getting what I'm saying. If she starts lowering her testosterone to meet the levels required, the framework behind this body doesn't go away:

semenya-celebrates-2018-pre-400x400.jpg

She will look like she's male-to-female transgender. Not even Cyborg has that going on.

She doesn't have a womb. Doesn't have ovaries. Does have Testes. I think she was basically raised wrong. lol.
How do you know? She was confidentially examined and then after that, has been allowed to compete. Not saying you're wrong, but what more do you have than your guess and some rumors?

How come this piece doesn't explain why males perform so much better in athletics than females? I mean, all those words to explain how testosterone doesn't boost athletic performance but no analysis of why peoplekind who experience higher levels of testosterone during development completely crush the athletic performance of those who don't. I wonder why that is.

She's working from an infallible ideology.

Source? That would clear up the question instantly.

Caster Semenya is not a "female".

Intersex people are the only ones that can probably make a biological claim to be neither fully female or male. A pretty grey area.

They could be 'primarily' one or the other I suppose. Purely from a biological template perspective.

How do you know? She was confidentially examined and then after that, has been allowed to compete. Not saying you're wrong, but what more do you have than your guess and some rumors?

According to a source with knowledge of the IAAF tests, Semenya has internal testes - the male sexual organs that produce testosterone.

Testosterone is a hormone responsible for building muscles and for producing body hair and a deep voice.

Confirmation of the test results is sure to stoke the controversy that erupted after the university student's sensational track triumph.

She has been embraced in her home country - where she was declared "our girl" - and appeared on a magazine cover after a feminine makeover.

"God made me the way I am and I accept myself. I am who I am and I'm proud of myself," she told You Magazine, which ran a photo spread.

"I don't want to talk about the tests. I'm not even thinking about them."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/semenya-forced-gender-test-woman-man-article-1.176427

It is something she doesn't want to talk about and is widely reported. Not the best confirmation but better than anything else. It is similar to other unnamed sources who can't be revealed.

The verdict itself was:

The new rules, which will now take effect on May 8, mandate that female athletes with so-called “Differences of Sex Development” (DSD) and XY chromosomes must ensure that their testosterone levels are kept below 5 nmol/L if they wish to compete in track events from the 400-meters to the mile. (CAS stated that affected athletes, officially termed “46 XY DSD athletes,” have testosterone in the “male range,” 7.7 to 29.4 nmol/L, while the normal female T range is below 2 nmol/L.)

Since Caster is subjected to these rules, it proves that Caster has XY chromosomes, not just elevated testosterone. A woman with elevated testosterone will still be allowed to compete normally.

This is the same trashy publication that hired Sarah Jeong. There's no point in reading it.
<{vega}>

If you look at the decision itself, it confirms this:

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Media_Release_Semenya_ASA_IAAF_decision.pdf

The DSD covered by the Regulations are limited to athletes with ’46 XY DSD’ – i.e. conditions where the affected individual has XY chromosomes

If she had XX chromosomes, the regulations wouldn't apply to her. Then she wouldn't even have to challenge this. But I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the mainstream corporate media reports or opinion pieces on this.

Edit: @TheGreatA beat me to it

Intersex people are the only ones that can probably make a biological claim to be neither fully female or male. A pretty grey area.

They could be 'primarily' one or the other I suppose. Purely from a biological template perspective.

These sorts of "intersex" athletes would have plenty of competition amongst themselves, considering that three of the Olympic medallists in 800m running in 2016 Olympics are believed to be "intersex".

undated-high-school-photo-of-caster-semenya-and-her-best-friend-elisa-picture-id103731893

It also seems that Caster didn't identify as a female until running became a serious career option. Caster is also married with a wife.

These sorts of "intersex" athletes would have plenty of competition amongst themselves, considering that three of the Olympic medallists in 2016 Olympics are believed to be "intersex".

undated-high-school-photo-of-caster-semenya-and-her-best-friend-elisa-picture-id103731893

It also seems that Caster didn't identify as a female until running became a serious career option.

Yeah I think its clear they do have a biological advantage over females. Seems self explanatory.

I assume Caster is just doing what's best for her personally. If being a 'girl' is a golden ticket then it makes sense she'd go with it. I am sure there are also groups which are encouraging her for all sorts of reasons.

The verdict itself was:

The new rules, which will now take effect on May 8, mandate that female athletes with so-called “Differences of Sex Development” (DSD) and XY chromosomes must ensure that their testosterone levels are kept below 5 nmol/L if they wish to compete in track events from the 400-meters to the mile. (CAS stated that affected athletes, officially termed “46 XY DSD athletes,” have testosterone in the “male range,” 7.7 to 29.4 nmol/L, while the normal female T range is below 2 nmol/L.)

Since Caster is subjected to these rules, it proves that Caster has XY chromosomes, not just elevated testosterone. A woman with elevated testosterone will still be allowed to compete normally.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Media_Release_Semenya_ASA_IAAF_decision.pdf

If she had XX chromosomes, the regulations wouldn't apply to her. Then she wouldn't even have to challenge this. But I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the mainstream corporate media reports or opinion pieces on this.

Well, there it is.

At 5 nmol/L levels of testosterone, they will still possess a huge advantage over regular women, not to mention their decades-long physical development.

Anyone thinking that this will somehow make these people go away, need not be worried. It just "evens the playfield" somewhat, though not much.

This is a perfect example of how leftist can match crazy religious people with their nonsense and "truths". This idiot sounds just like an evangelical denying evolution.

I'm aware of these things, but I think you're not getting what I'm saying. If she starts lowering her testosterone to meet the levels required, the framework behind this body doesn't go away:

semenya-celebrates-2018-pre-400x400.jpg

She will look like she's male-to-female transgender. Not even Cyborg has that going on.
Frame? As in her height and shoulder width? Sure it won't change and it doesn't matter. Vitor's 'frame' didn't change either.
iu

What changes is everything I outlined, everything that makes males (through testosterone) faster, stronger, more powerful, etc. Performance is the important aspect here, not frame.

Frame? As in her height and shoulder width? Sure it won't change and it doesn't matter. Vitor's 'frame' didn't change either.
iu

What changes is everything I outlined, everything that makes males (through testosterone) faster, stronger, more powerful, etc. Performance is the important aspect here, not frame.
Cool, Vitor can fight women now if he drops that T a bit more.

See what I'm saying? The testosterone level for competition is not really the biggest problem here, it's her being a male (or before I knew she was XY, having the body of a male).

Cool, Vitor can fight women now if he drops that T a bit more.

See what I'm saying? The testosterone level for competition is not really the biggest problem here, it's her being a male (or before I knew she was XY, having the body of a male).

If she's to compete along side females, then her test level is the priority.
Although yes the bigger problem is the fact she's (I thought she was a she as well, news to me she's he) allowed to compete with women in the first place. You think she should get banned either way?

Back