Social FEMA: Blew budget on Illegals. Nominal help for Helene Victims

The citizens and governors of the affected areas are lying? Have you seen the people interviewed wondering where the help is?
As long as you know whatever problems they have with relief efforts it has nothing to do with migrants, the border, Ukraine or funding.

US moves FEMA, Coast Guard money to fund border programs

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Department of Homeland Security is moving $271 million from other agencies such as FEMA and the U.S. Coast Guard to increase the number of beds for detained immigrants and support its policy forcing asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their cases play out.

The news comes as hurricane season is ramping up and Tropical Storm Dorian is heading toward Puerto Rico. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the move “stunningly reckless.”

-------------------
It's a common practice to move money like that, but you're acting like Pelosi in 2019. It's always bad when the other party does it.
https://apnews.com/united-states-congress-df711dcff96a41218161a452340f0325
https://apnews.com/article/f3bc8a7647c74df68f0d9ce1f0302257

To be fair tho, this saves money. Detain them and force them to remain in Mexico, for a few hundred million. Or allow them in and pay for all their housing and benefits at the cost of hundreds of billions.

Would also have to see rate of spending, cause when mayorkas said that, did they have over 600 million just a few months ago? To now be gone?

So I don’t think it is a fair equivalency, IMO anyways

Actually, I just checked and this is mind blowing. It is actually hilarious because the Republican controlled congress passed lots of funding to FEMA and disaster related efforts. To me, this kind of blows up the narrative democrats are using right now. The current house just did not want to fund fema being used for illegals

For Hurricane Michael, Trump’s fema used over 100 million in 2018

As for Hurricane dorian a year later, this CNN article fact checks Pelosi and her Allies saying the move had nothing to do with Puerto Rico, and at the time there was over 30 BILLION in disaster relief available.

Moreover, there are two different fema accounts, one for disaster relief, and one for stuff like dealing with migrants and other non disaster related emergencies

Following the damage from hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017, Congress appropriated $42 billion to the recovery effort in Puerto Rico, $16 billion of which went through FEMA, $20 billion through Housing and Urban Development, and the remainder through more than a dozen smaller agencies.

This is why I say you're a clever boy.

The point to these stupid lists is to make liberals spin their wheels and do pointless work.

Obviously I could say a lot more but you didn't even acknowledge the work I did, because as "not a right winger" you would never do that.

I asked you to make a list and you didn't. You're alt right, you don't do work. You play the game.

Make a list please.
The point is both sides do it. This is something the sanctimonious left forgets about.

@Whippy McGee Its a very good list. You might want to include: Breonna Taylor was executed by the police in her sleep.

Full List of Republicans Who Voted Against FEMA Relief Before Helene Battered Their Home States​

No Democrats voted against the measure​

Many of the lawmakers that voted against the provision of additional necessary funding to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) represent states that were hit particularly hard by Hurricane Helene.

No Democratic lawmakers voted nay.

Read the full list of lawmakers that voted against the stopgap measure below.

North Carolina:
Representative Dan Bishop, NC 8th District
Senator Ted Budd

South Carolina:
Representative Jeff Duncan, SC 3rd District
Representative Russell Fry, SC 7th District
Representative Nancy Mace, SC 1st District
Representative Ralph Norman, SC 5th District
Representative William R. Timmons IV, SC 4th District
Senator Tim Scott

Georgia:
Representative Richard McCormick, GA 6th District
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, GA 14th District
Representative Mike Collins, GA 10th District
Representative Andrew S. Clyde, GA 9th District

Florida:
Representative Daniel Webster, FL 11th District
Representative Michael Waltz, FL 6th District
Representative Bill Posey, FL 8th District
Representative Cory Mills, FL 7th District
Representative Anna Paulina Luna, FL 13th District
Representative Laurel M. Lee, FL 15th District
Representative Matt Gaetz, FL 11th District
Representative Bryon Donalds, FL 1st District
Representative Kat Cammack, FL 3rd District
Representative Gus M. Bilirakis, FL 12th District
Representative Aaron Bean, FL 4th District
Senator Rick Scott refused to vote

Tennessee:
Representative Tim Burchett, TN 2nd District
Representative Andrew Ogles, TN 5th District
Representative John W. Rose, TN 6th District
Senator Marsha Blackburn
Senator Bill Hagerty
When was that vote?

When was that vote?

Sept 25, but it was not about FEMA. It was a vote on whether or not to continue to fund the federal government ant the current level, and avoid a shut down.

And it passed anyways, with a majority of republicans voting for it. Including $20 billion for FEMA, just not specifically for natural disasters

And I agree with the people who did not vote for it. Their view is there should be individual appropriation votes, to narrow spending and reduce the deficit. But because the swamp on both sides want a rubber stamp on basically unlimited spending, the overwhelming majority voted for it, and basically refuse to do work on appropriation bills.

But to circle back, given that it DID pass, why would they say they are out of funding when billions more funding was literally just passed?

The funding was not specifically for natural disasters? So is that $20 billion going to fund settlement of illegals or where else might it be going?

this is why I support those who voted against the bill, as tens of billions of dollars are going to what exactly? No one knows

IMO, this is not the “gotcha” they think it is. If anything, it just highlights how inefficient and wasteful big government is at the expense of tax payers.

And I agree with the people who did not vote for it. Their view is there should be individual appropriation votes, to narrow spending and reduce the deficit. But because the swamp on both sides want a rubber stamp on basically unlimited spending, the overwhelming majority voted for it, and basically refuse to do work on appropriation bills.
You realize there isn't anywhere near enough time for legislators to vote on every single appropriation by department?

Wonder why...

obrb3idweepa1.gif

Ever heard of the concept of population density?
He’s both dumb and dishonest. When I see his post I’m never sure which is the of the two is the reason for his stupid opinion.

Some of you guys get really worked up with independents and centrists. <lol>

I don't really care what you believe but you aren't a centrist, you're pretty far right. You're either lying or in denial but either way it makes genuine discussion with you impossible.

I asked you to make a "Whippy List" about MAGA but knew you couldn't because it would have caused you physical pain. You're also one of the few people who decided to die on the "eating the pets" hill.

The republican party has shifted to blaming immigrants for everything because it no longer works to blame non-whites and they can't piss off their existing nutter Trumper base by not blaming some other group. Every stupid lie is about just making it seem like the threat is beyond what it is and that democrats are doing nothing to stop it. This post is just a shining example when several governors have said that they have gotten everything from Biden they needed and republicans were voting to block pre-hurricane aid. Before that, you can go back to the bipartisan border control bill that was put together that Trump got blocked by call republcians to stop so that he had an issue to campaign on.

Yeah those missiles would have really helped out Asheville.

Imagine being pissed off because someone is fighting imperial russia for you and all you have to do is give them your motions so you don't have to dispose of it. Republicans will frame it somehow that the U.S. should be strong by letting a bully threaten the world over and over with nuclear war to get whatever it wants. A bunch of Putin cocksuckers.

You realize there isn't anywhere near enough time for legislators to vote on every single appropriation by department?
There is if they set the budgets to revert to the previous FYs amounts by default and only vote on significant increases or special project funds.

There is if they set the budgets to revert to the previous FYs amounts by default and only vote on significant increases or special project funds.

And maybe if they didn’t take several long vacations throughout the year. Just another talking point that these dorks have been fed.

I don't really care what you believe but you aren't a centrist, you're pretty far right. You're either lying or in denial but either way it makes genuine discussion with you impossible.

I asked you to make a "Whippy List" about MAGA but knew you couldn't because it would have caused you physical pain. You're also one of the few people who decided to die on the "eating the pets" hill.
Maybe I had better things to do on my weekend.

Back