Social FEMA: Blew budget on Illegals. Nominal help for Helene Victims

FIFY

Sorry I cant distill down something as complex as climate dynamics to a simple tweet for a simpleton like yourself to digest. Take the L and move on.

Fuck it, since you cant read:

We find an observed change in the proportion of global Cat 4–5 hurricanes (relative to all hurricanes) at a rate of ~40 % increase in proportion per °C increase in ACCI (Figs. 4, 5, 6; Table 1) using the IBTrACS global data set. This global trend is consistent with the observed changes in each tropical cyclone basin (Fig. 5) and the trends are significant at p < 0.01 for the globe and p < 0.05 for the majority of the cyclone basins. By comparison, a homogenized satellite data set and automated Dvorak analysis, together with two landfall hurricane data sets indicate trends of 20–30 % and these observed changes are consistent with a number of independent modeling studies (Table 1). We conclude that since 1975 there has been a substantial and observable regional and global increase in the proportion of Cat 4–5 hurricanes of 25–30 % per °C of anthropogenic global warming.
That shows a correlation, not a causal link. At least I got you to read your own links. Too bad you still don't know the difference between correlation and causation.

Nice try, though
<brucenod>

That shows a correlation, not a causal link. At least I got you to read your own links. Too bad you still don't know the difference between correlation and causation.

Nice try, though
<brucenod>

Sure thing buddy. What was even the point of engaging with you if you are just going to deny all the evidence regardless?

See ya later, thanks for wasting my time.

In April, FEMA received 640 million in new funding.
300 to direct migrant aid (shelter service program)
340 to US cities

vote for?
Their budget for disaster relief is $20b. They aren’t short of funds for this disaster. Completely separate budget than migrant aide pool. You’re being lied to and of course falling for it.

Ever notice how every right wing outrage claim ends up being complete bullshit?

From kitty litter in schools, to pet eating migrants, to this shit?

Sure thing buddy. What was even the point of engaging with you if you are just going to deny all the evidence regardless?

See ya later, thanks for wasting my time.
I didn't know pointing out the paragraph you cited emphasized a correlation and NOT a causal link was denying evidence.

But don't let me stop you from redefining words to help you cope.
<brucenod>

There was / is a hole in the ozone layer, though not over the USA which is why you may have missed it.

{<hhh]

Here's what 7 year old GearSolidMetal was too gullible to understand in public school when they said there's holes being burned into the 'O-Zone layer.'

Each layer of the atmosphere is miles thick, and its just gasses. Its impossible to *burn* a *hole* into it at any point anywhere on the planet.

Their budget for disaster relief is $20b. They aren’t short of funds for this disaster. Completely separate budget than migrant aide pool. You’re being lied to and of course falling for it.

same pool
How much was diverted towards the migrants.

Remember when they wanted to shut down FEMA because of their concentration camps?

Now they're upset FEMA doesn't have enough funds to keep their sorry asses from drowning.
Yeah the FEMA camps thing was all the rage around here once. Multiple threads about how they were being built all across the country and Obama was going to stick us all in them for not obeying him.

I grew up across the street from a canal. When Hurricane Sandy happened in 2012 my neighborhood got trashed. My parents' house had about 4 feet of water in it, but people just down the block, closer to the ocean, were much higher, 10 feet, etc.

FEMA came in and stuck around for quite a few months afterwards. They were very helpful and as far as I can tell nobody was rounded up and imprisoned in their camps. They had one in the public park by me and I wandered around the outskirts with my dog, who rather rudely pissed on one of their tents. Judging by the comments on here you'd think I'd be lined up against a wall and shot, but nothing happened.

And just like that you can take GA and NC off the list of swing states.
Could be the reverse. Trump won the 14 counties hit the hardest in NC by 90,000 votes, so the dems are such power hungry pieces of shit that they will almost certainly take the opportunity to drag out the relief and use it to fuck with the polling locations, early voting dates and times to try to dampen the turnout in those areas.

I'm sure everyone in this thread isn't in it for partisan reasons and will of course acknowledge the nuance that yes, governments routinely control the flow of traffic in disaster zones in order to avoid chaos and randoms slowing down aid.

sounds like FEMA failed according folks on the ground

sounds like FEMA failed according folks on the ground
Entirely possible, but people on the ground have a very limited view of the situation (ie it's like asking a soldier what they think of their equipment. Valuable, but very biased). I'd personally let the dust settle (or more comprehensive reporting emerge) before trying to make a systemic conclusion that FEMA failed or was sabotaging efforts, as posters in this thread are possible.

Could be the reverse. Trump won the 14 counties hit the hardest in NC by 90,000 votes, so the dems are such power hungry pieces of shit that they will almost certainly take the opportunity to drag out the relief and use it to fuck with the polling locations, early voting dates and times to try to dampen the turnout in those areas.
Uhhh...yeah. That's how you dampen turnout: you piss off voters lol. Christ, at least make the conspiracy theories believable.

Also lol at access to polling locations being a priority for a Republican. I gotta savor how rich that is.

Uhhh...yeah. That's how you dampen turnout: you piss off voters lol. Christ, at least make the conspiracy theories believable.

Also lol at access to polling locations being a priority for a Republican. I gotta savor how rich that is.
Yeah, because they didn't just do exactly that in the last election with covid to change the election rules, you derp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaledDJ
Back