Law Feinstein to introduce 2019 "Assault" weapons ban legislation

SCOTUS already said you can't restrict commonly held firearms.

As an aside, I think some assholes in the House just introduced a universal background check bill. No clue where in the Constitution the feds are authorized to restrict the transfer or property between non-commercial entities.

One of the best articles ever on the phenomenon:

The cultural role of the NRA is to be the fat white face that absorbs the Left’s hatred for the hunting, shooting, and gun-collecting demographics.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/06/orlando-shooting-gun-control-left-wing-identity-politics/

"205 military-style assault weapons by name."

Can someone explain to me the significance of banning them "by name"?

200.gif

How about Democrats focus on issues that actually have a popular approval rating: medicare for all, repealing billionaire tax cuts, clean energy programs, expanding background checks...

Agreed 100%. They need to stop focusing on fringe issues. Namely gun bans and - despite my own feelings on the subject - the "TQ" part of LGBTQ. I hate to say it, but that vote isn't as deep as middle-class America. Gay-marriage was a good initiative that was driven by society, and taken to the finish line by politicians.

Middle-class America (or those who believe they should be apart of it) is mostly concerned with their health and their financial well-being. All of those things are touched on in the policies you mentioned.

200.gif

How about Democrats focus on issues that actually have a popular approval rating: medicare for all, repealing billionaire tax cuts, clean energy programs, expanding background checks...

This. I'm not even remotely close to a "leftist" or Democrat or whatever (though I consider myself quite liberal on many things) but she just needs to stop. This is her little pet issue she touts in front of soccer moms and it goes nowhere.

I wish they would just drop this "I'm writing this bill that I know won't pass but it's a matter of principle" crap. It's just personal marketing/branding and it's completely transparent.

The government, big money, and their media, is more hell bent on power and a reduction on quality of life for the middle class than ever. I think we need to keep the weapons that make us at least a threat. Sorry officers, we know you like your paychecks and benes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back