Feelings on the Khabib/McGregor promotional vid

sonofjay817

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Something really rubs me the wrong way in the way the UFC included footage of the assault that occurred by Conor and his friends on the fighter bus. It was a criminal act and more deserving of a suspension than any other act that actually resulted in a suspension that I can think of. Turning the footage into a promotional vid is basically implicit encouragement of such acts, if not approval. I understand its about the money but apparently there's no longer any balance whatsoever with any common sense and decency. Dana should have been completely embarrassed to stand there while the video played after all the talk he did of how there would be stern disciplinary action against Conor for the attack. Instead, he's been rewarded with a huge payday.

The guys that got “hurt” on the bus were definitely paid well by the UFC.

I think it shows WME are desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel and would promote literally anything in a WWE style overtone to avoid bankruptcy.

The UFC has resorted to promote an attempted terrorist attack on a bus at a major sports arena in NYC.

This incident with Mcgregor is absolutely terrorism. Just because the guy is white, blonde and famous doesn't make it any less of a crime. Had that been Khabib's crew with like 3 guys named Islam, you'd definitely hear about it on FOX news and most likely they would have been shot on sight or at least be facing terrorism charges and most likely the death penalty. Before you Conor fans say this is ridiculous and try to downplay it just think about it. A major sports event in NYC?

It is just that rich white man privilege and collusion with the UFC that allows him to get away with terrorism.

The UFC has resorted to promote an attempted terrorist attack on a bus at a major sports arena in NYC.

This incident with Mcgregor is absolutely terrorism. Just because the guy is white, blonde and famous doesn't make it any less of a crime. Had that been Khabib's crew with like 3 guys named Islam, you'd definitely hear about it on FOX news and most likely they would have been shot on sight or at least be facing terrorism charges and most likely the death penalty. Before you Conor fans say this is ridiculous and try to downplay it just think about it. A major sports event in NYC?

It is just that rich white man privilege and collusion with the UFC that allows him to get away with terrorism.
tenor.gif

Made Mcgregor looks like some hero defending the honor of his friend...what bullshit.
<YeahOKJen>
This guy throws monster cans at kids and Dolly's at fighters and gets rewarded for it....what a show we watch...

It’s funny how people who enjoy watching other people try and kill each other are bitching and crying about a dolly being thrown at a bus which caused very minor injuries to people that go through much worse whenever they train.

Something really rubs me the wrong way in the way the UFC included footage of the assault that occurred by Conor and his friends on the fighter bus. It was a criminal act and more deserving of a suspension than any other act that actually resulted in a suspension that I can think of. Turning the footage into a promotional vid is basically implicit encouragement of such acts, if not approval. I understand its about the money but apparently there's no longer any balance whatsoever with any common sense and decency. Dana should have been completely embarrassed to stand there while the video played after all the talk he did of how there would be stern disciplinary action against Conor for the attack. Instead, he's been rewarded with a huge payday.

The most disgusting thing thats ever happened in the history of the ufc, according to dana.

Have conor and khabib even acknowledged this announcement publically yet? #1 bullshit imo. Theyre announcing it to hurry negotiations

There was no way they weren't going to use this.

It's fairly possible this attack was planned in advance in concert with Dana just for this promotion.

It’s funny how people who enjoy watching other people try and kill each other are bitching and crying about a dolly being thrown at a bus which caused very minor injuries to people that go through much worse whenever they train.

When was the last time someone threw a steel dolly in an mma fight? When did we last see a bunch of broken glass flying into someones eyes on a fox card?

Lol sucks to be dumb like you

It's fairly possible this attack was planned in advance in concert with Dana just for this promotion.
There is a good reason the (multiple UFC officials present [who unlocked the door for Conor's team to even access]) UFC knew what was up. It escalated slightly, but this was planned.

Kind of weak, but I think they didn't want to go overboard with promoting unlawful behavior. I would have made the whole feud more epic and have put a lot more emphasis on all that went on, including them harassing Artem.

I agree with your sentiment although I doubt the Khabib crew would have gotten the death penalty..lol.

When was the last time someone threw a steel dolly in an mma fight? When did we last see a bunch of broken glass flying into someones eyes on a fox card?

Lol sucks to be dumb like you

So that’s your assessment of my post? And you you’re calling me dumb, oh boy <Lmaoo>

People like you make mma a laughing stock.

Welcome to the conspiracy theory community, bruh.

IRA

I thought the notion was absurd at first, but after seeing the video, I've had the same thought.

I think it's more so the rewarded bad behavior that bothers people, like if anyone else were to pull that shit they would be reprimanded harshly.

I could Care less about how bad it hurt Chiesa, just the principal, anyway that's just my 2cents on why people are mad.

Kind of weak, but I think they didn't want to go overboard with promoting unlawful behavior. I would have made the whole feud more epic and have put a lot more emphasis on all that went on, including them harassing Artem.
They should have at least included footage of Conor in handcuffs doing the perp walk and standing before the judge. That would have provided a little bit of balance.

Back