Feelings on the Khabib/McGregor promotional vid

You don't need condemnation at all. It's just a shame you lose objectivity a bit and hate anything Conor.

Yes, what Conor did was not the right thing to do. But there is more to it than Conor just being a thug. He also showed loyalty and love for his friend who is basically family. It was reckless and stupid, but nobody is perfect and it wasn't with the intention to harm innocent people, even though it did. He at least had some noble intention behind it.

Anderoid and Jon Jones faults are completely with the intention of what they achieved with it. And, at least IMO are something that bother me more because they impact the sport we love in a negative way in terms of fair competition and also victimize their opponents that don't get a fair chance to establish a legacy and earn their money. If anything, Conor's behavior makes everybody money, both in the way people promote themselves, the way they fight and the success and mainstream acknowledgement of the sport . His competition and even previous opponents have learned from him in financial and technical aspects. Though the latter aspect can be said to certain extend about Anderoid and Jones too. But that also entails that other fighters try to cheat in similar fashion as those two have. Like DC just embracing the eye pokes.

And even Jones and AS have some redeeming qualities once in a while.
All your defending of Conor might would have a little bit of merit if he was there when Artem was being harassed and it was a quick crime of passion where he instantly did something stupid in defending his friend. That's not what this was. This was him organizing twenty or thirty goons (don't remember exact number), flying across the world, and planting his own personnel to get past security where the buses were. He even had plenty of time to think about what he was doing as he ran across a fair distance to grab the dolly. He didn't even know who was on the other side of the window that he hurled the dolly at. Even then, once the window broke, he continued attempting to assault the bus. And after all was said and done, they were all hooping and hollering as they ran off like the hooligans they are. That's not a crime of passion. That's blatant disregard for the law and for everyone on that bus' well being. No, its not the most horrible crime in the world. Its not on par with child rape or first degree murder, but it dang sure doesn't merit a promotional vid and a multi-million payday either. That's what makes it so sickening. It doesn't take a 'Conor hater' to feel that way. Only a reasonable person.

You have to realise that the fight game is corrupt and sleazy. Boxing has been for over a century, the UFC is no different. Enjoy the fights but don't let the politics get to you because they're flawed
fair point, but perhaps a little pushback is healthy.

All your defending of Conor might would have a little bit of merit if he was there when Artem was being harassed and it was a quick crime of passion where he instantly did something stupid in defending his friend. That's not what this was. This was him organizing twenty or thirty goons (don't remember exact number), flying across the world, and planting his own personnel to get past security where the buses were. He even had plenty of time to think about what he was doing as he ran across a fair distance to grab the dolly. He didn't even know who was on the other side of the window that he hurled the dolly at. Even then, once the window broke, he continued attempting to assault the bus. And after all was said and done, they were all hooping and hollering as they ran off like the hooligans they are. That's not a crime of passion. That's blatant disregard for the law and for everyone on that bus' well being. No, its not the most horrible crime in the world. Its not on par with child rape or first degree murder, but it dang sure doesn't merit a promotional vid and a multi-million payday either. That's what makes it so sickening. It doesn't take a 'Conor hater' to feel that way. Only a reasonable person.

Uhm.. just because a crime of passion in court is defined as an in situ occurrence, doesn't mean that actual emotion/passion is bound to a certain place and moment in time. If you think someone can not be enraged for a prolonged time, you sir, are mistaken.

Don't let your moral compass be guided too much by the legal system, people. Cus the legal system is inherently flawed.

They were hooping and hollering, because they succeeded in confronting Khabib and in their view he was too scared to get out of the bus. Not because they endangered innocent bystanders.

fair point, but perhaps a little pushback is healthy.

Hopefully they lose the anti trust lawsuit.
Dana literally has no morals, if someone questioned him on that promo video he'd just tell them to get fucked.
The way the UFC is run epitomizes everything that is wrong with the world.

Uhm.. just because a crime of passion in court is defined as an in situ occurrence, doesn't mean that actual emotion/passion is bound to a certain place and moment in time. If you think someone can not be enraged for a prolonged time, you sir, are mistaken.

Don't let your moral compass be guided too much by the legal system, people. Cus the legal system is inherently flawed.

They were hooping and hollering, because they succeeded in confronting Khabib and in their view he was too scared to get out of the bus. Not because they endangered innocent bystanders.
Just curious; are you an anarchist?

Just curious; are you an anarchist?

Nope.

I'm guessing my "the legal system is inherently flawed" brought on that question. The legal system, or better put, systems, are complex and vast. They have certain basic values that are definitely prosperous for society and the individual, but at the same time they also have many misguided and even corrupt elements. All I am saying is don't just assume that the legal system is just and their definitions are accurate, be an independent thinker and reevaluate what is written in any established system.

I think it shows WME are desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel and would promote literally anything in a WWE style overtone to avoid bankruptcy.

Right, because they are so close to bankruptcy.

Boo hoo
Promo is awesome
Nothing to BITCH about
WAR C O N O R

Nope.

I'm guessing my "the legal system is inherently flawed" brought on that question. The legal system, or better put, systems, are complex and vast. They have certain basic values that are definitely prosperous for society and the individual, but at the same time they also have many misguided and even corrupt elements. All I am saying is don't just assume that the legal system is just and their definitions are accurate, be an independent thinker and reevaluate what is written in any established system.
Nah, I agree with you that the legal system is inherently flawed because it is implemented by inherently flawed beings. What brought on the question is that your underlying premise seems to be that intensity of emotion and passion somehow makes someone less obligated to honor the law and less accountable if he breaks it.

Nah, I agree with you that the legal system is inherently flawed because it is implemented by inherently flawed beings. What brought on the question is that your underlying premise seems to be that intensity of emotion and passion somehow makes someone less obligated to honor the law and less accountable if he breaks it.

I think I started of by saying it was not the right thing to do and saying it was stupid and reckless.

Also, he is accountable and has been held accountable by court ,after all. Maybe not completely fair, but that's life. No reason to hold a grudge over it, you'll only hinder yourself by holding on to those emotions.

The UFC has resorted to promote an attempted terrorist attack on a bus at a major sports arena in NYC.

This incident with Mcgregor is absolutely terrorism. Just because the guy is white, blonde and famous doesn't make it any less of a crime. Had that been Khabib's crew with like 3 guys named Islam, you'd definitely hear about it on FOX news and most likely they would have been shot on sight or at least be facing terrorism charges and most likely the death penalty. Before you Conor fans say this is ridiculous and try to downplay it just think about it. A major sports event in NYC?

It is just that rich white man privilege and collusion with the UFC that allows him to get away with terrorism.

It wasn't terrorism. You need to look up the definition of terrorism.

I think I started of by saying it was not the right thing to do and saying it was stupid and reckless.

Also, he is accountable and has been held accountable by court ,after all. Maybe not completely fair, but that's life. No reason to hold a grudge over it, you'll only hinder yourself by holding on to those emotions.
Fair point. Apparently, I did miss where you said that. I agree that legally, the issue has been settled, but how the UFC handles it internally is a totally different issue. Its not about holding grudges. I seriously harbor no grudge against Conor (although I do, now, have a lower opinion of him which is different...I think). I'm just a big believer that there should be consequences to one's actions. You are correct, the legal layer is now satisfied for better or worse. But then, there is the societal layer and the matter of the UFC just being fair and consistent regarding its fighters. Surely, even you would not argue the matter would have been handled vastly vastly different if it had been a less profitable fighter. And on a social level, we certainly shouldn't be glorifying the act with it in a promo vid and with cool music playing in the background. Peace and love.

Fair point. I suppose I did miss where you said that. I agree that legally, the issue has been settled, but how the UFC handles it internally is a totally different issue. Its not about holding grudges. I seriously harbor no grudge against Conor (although I do, now, have a lower opinion of him which is different...I think). I'm just a big believer that there should be consequences to one's actions. You are correct, the legal layer is now satisfied for better or worse. But then, there is the societal layer and the matter of the UFC just being fair and consistent regarding its fighters. Surely, even you would not argue the matter would have been handled vastly vastly different if it had been a less profitable fighter. And on a social level, we certainly shouldn't be glorifying the act with it in a promo vid and with cool music playing in the background. Peace and love.

It would have been handled differently, but not necessarily better. It's good that these kind of issues get pushed to the forefront, IMO. People need to be able to process the truth of things, not just what the company wants to represent. That's not the reality. Pretending your company is all smiles and peace is not a good thing, unless that happens to actually be the truth. Which in the vast majority of the cases isn't the truth.

Who gives a shit? Just enjoy the fight.

Morals from a combat sports promotion {<jordan}<{MingNope}>

I'm not mad because I called this shit way back when it happened.

It was a work. What did Conor even get for that stunt? Community service? LOL.

All your defending of Conor might would have a little bit of merit if he was there when Artem was being harassed and it was a quick crime of passion where he instantly did something stupid in defending his friend. That's not what this was... It doesn't take a 'Conor hater' to feel that way. Only a reasonable person.

That rules out 95% of sherdog, and 99% of canner fans.

Back