Feelings on the Khabib/McGregor promotional vid

Playing to the lowest level, which unfortunately sums up most MMA fans.

Hell, just look at the amount of Juicehead Jones and Anderoidz apologists here, and that tells you all you need to know.

lol

They should have at least included footage of Conor in handcuffs doing the perp walk and standing before the judge. That would have provided a little bit of balance.

Yeah, all in all it was way too short.

Playing to the lowest level, which unfortunately sums up most MMA fans.

Hell, just look at the amount of Juicehead Jones and Anderoidz apologists here, and that tells you all you need to know.

lol

Bud, you're a quality poster, but when it comes to anything Conor related you just let dem feels run away with you. Such a tragedy.

It should just be footage of an armed robbery. That is all it is.

Conor's above the law as long as he is valuable to them so there's no suprise they are using the footage to their advantage.

That footage will sell PPV's

Bud, you're a quality poster, but when it comes to anything Conor related you just let dem feels run away with you. Such a tragedy.

When I see folks doing douche-bag, thug stuff, I just can't help myself.

I know, >I'm< the terrible person that needs condemnation though.
1156228.jpg

It’s funny how people who enjoy watching other people try and kill each other are bitching and crying about a dolly being thrown at a bus which caused very minor injuries to people that go through much worse whenever they train.
Not sure if you're trolling or if you really miss the point that bad. Don't you realize that everything that goes on inside the octagon is pretty much illegal outside of the octagon because without very close oversight and rule enforcement, it would be very easy for someone to get killed. If the metal dolly had of passed cleanly throught the window without contacting the framing, someone would have easily been severely injured or killed.

lmao
You just hate Conor in most regards. Everyone knows you (or myself for that matter) cannot be objective in these discussions. Even still, you're a quality poster so I give you a pass.

Honestly IDGAF at the white terrorism of this act. Yeah if it was a black/middle easten dude behind it their would be ramifications involved. Who the fook would want to broadcast a commercial of a someone realistically assaulting a bus full of people with their gang?

Growing up in Los Angeles, the 90s saw the end of many street gangs and the law took control of the streets again.

However, trying to advance a sport into the mainstream and using footage of your star publicly assaulting bystanders is bad in the long run, but hey it will sell fights in the short run.

I know WWE would do garbage like this but it was all staged and they would build up drama behind it, given that everything from the promos to fighter drama to fights was all staged.

But seriously, UFC should have some class in how they promote their product. Unlike most mainstream American sports, they host fighters from many nationalities, and MMA is rising and will probably be second to boxing in professional combat sports.

There was no way they weren't going to use this.

It's fairly possible this attack was planned in advance in concert with Dana just for this promotion.
The timing is exquisite: Khabib gets to go thru Ramadan, have a training camp and get back to work ASAP.

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing, from Artem, to the bus, to the fake rage, and was all coordinated, or atleast encouraged by WME. I mean, what other way could you turn a guy that barely speaks English and Conor into an event that was more bad blooded than Nate and would break records? They needed a feud and UFC knew of Conor's recent behavior, planted Artem on the same card as Conor would be stripped and invited him and 20 Hooligans to the show.

Last edited:
You just hate Conor in most regards. Everyone knows you (or myself for that matter) cannot be objective in these discussions. Even still, you're a quality poster I give you a pass.

Craziest part Jin - I DO like Conor as a fighter & will ALWAYS tune into his scraps(check my post history).

I just don't gobble nut-sacks and give free passes to every fighter doing stupid shit. lol

Welcome to the conspiracy theory community, bruh.

*shrug*

It's unlikely, but I can see it.

To be honest part of me wants to talk about how hypocritical it is for Dana to use "the most disgusting event in UFC history" for promotion, but the entire rest of me knows he was always going to use it.

Craziest part Jin - I DO like Conor as a fighter & will ALWAYS tune into his scraps(check my post history).

I just don't gobble nut-sacks and give free passes to every fighter doing stupid shit. lol
If you aren't garbling nut-sacks of your personal favorite fighters, defending them to the hilt, and giving free passes to suit your narrative... You ain't living the Sherbro paradise.

<{silvanormal}>

The timing is exquisite: Khabib gets to go thru Ramadan, have a training camp and get back to work ASAP.

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing, from Artem to the bus, was all coordinated, or atleast encouraged by WME. I mean, what other way could you turn a guy that barely speaks English and Conor into an event that was more bad blooded than Nate and would break records? They needed a feud and UFC knew of Conor's recent behavior, planted Artem on the same card as Conor would be stripped and invited him and 20 Hooligans to the show.

The problem with that is that the UFC promotional team is far too stupid and ineffectual to orchestrate anything on that level.

If you aren't garbling nut-sacks of your personal favorite fighters, defending them to the hilt, and and giving free passes to suit your narrative... You ain't living the Sherbro paradise.

<{silvanormal}>
lmao

Not sure if you're trolling or if you really miss the point that bad. Don't you realize that everything that goes on inside the octagon is pretty much illegal outside of the octagon because without very close oversight and rule enforcement, it would be very easy for someone to get killed. If the metal dolly had of passed cleanly throught the window without contacting the framing, someone would have easily been severely injured or killed.

The sad thing is that I’ve seen more people try and condemn Conor for this dolly shit than literal rapists in and around mma.

Make of that what you will.

Terrible. LOL at editing in Rogan screaming "ooooh!" at footage of Khabib striking to get casuals pumped, make them think this is gonna be a striking battle.

1156228.jpg

You don't need condemnation at all. It's just a shame you lose objectivity a bit and hate anything Conor.

Yes, what Conor did was not the right thing to do. But there is more to it than Conor just being a thug. He also showed loyalty and love for his friend who is basically family. It was reckless and stupid, but nobody is perfect and it wasn't with the intention to harm innocent people, even though it did. He at least had some noble intention behind it.

Anderoid and Jon Jones faults are completely with the intention of what they achieved with it. And, at least IMO are something that bother me more because they impact the sport we love in a negative way in terms of fair competition and also victimize their opponents that don't get a fair chance to establish a legacy and earn their money. If anything, Conor's behavior makes everybody money, both in the way people promote themselves, the way they fight and the success and mainstream acknowledgement of the sport . His competition and even previous opponents have learned from him in financial and technical aspects. Though the latter aspect can be said to certain extend about Anderoid and Jones too. But that also entails that other fighters try to cheat in similar fashion as those two have. Like DC just embracing the eye pokes.

And even Jones and AS have some redeeming qualities once in a while.

You have to realise that the fight game is corrupt and sleazy. Boxing has been for over a century, the UFC is no different. Enjoy the fights but don't let the politics get to you because they're flawed

Back