• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fedor training in Holland for Bader rematch smh

Better to train in Reem's back yard than actually face him. Sad

His cardio is a huge issue these days - facts. If not cardio, then his nose is a huge issue, because in the last 7-10 fights, he's often been found breathing through his mouth at the end of the 1st round - which never happened in his prime.
Probably some of both. His nose is a mess, it has been ever since the Rogers fight. But yeah, dude is 46 with one or both knees shot, I doubt he can do cardio like he used to. I don’t think it’s been shit for the past 7-10 fights though, he went 3 hard rounds with Maldonado and didn’t gas that I remember. Took a ton of damage obviously, but seemed to keep an ok pace.

I hope Fedor trains cardio as best he can, although I don’t think this fight with Bader will last long.

I think Bader is going to pressure wrestle the fuck out of Fedor this time around until he's tired. Fedor was breathing hard after a few scrambles with Sonnen in 2018. At 46 years old his endurance is probably even worse now.
Fedor has one shot in this fight a quick right hook early

if it goes to rounds he’s fucked and bad Bader does have power he’s proved it

Yup. I wouldn’t put it past him to KO Bader in the first. He’s gonna swing for the fences. It’ll be 5 mins of hell that first round for Bader but if he survives he should be smooth sailing.
Well - there is an alternative.
Probably some of both. His nose is a mess, it has been ever since the Rogers fight. But yeah, dude is 46 with one or both knees shot, I doubt he can do cardio like he used to. I don’t think it’s been shit for the past 7-10 fights though, he went 3 hard rounds with Maldonado and didn’t gas that I remember. Took a ton of damage obviously, but seemed to keep an ok pace.

I hope Fedor trains cardio as best he can, although I don’t think this fight with Bader will last long.
You didn't pay attention to Fedor's breathing during the Maldonado's fight then - he was breathing through his mouth on many occasions - even in the first disastrous round. The good thing is, Maldonado's gas tank was equally shitty, so the latter rounds were nowhere near as explosive as the first, giving Fedor time to recover and regain energy. Against a younger fighter though - with a decent cardio? Anyways, we'll see how Bader does - Fedor is very dangerous during the first round - and if he paces himself, he could be equally dangerous in the latter rounds as well, so it will be up to Bader to keep the pressure up, to prevent that from happening - while praying that he'll be able to avoid Fedor's haymakers.
Anyways, let's also not forget that Fedor's chin is also shot.... lol.

Essentially, Fedor is an old warship - once very powerful and mighty, with great engine and a very tough hull. Now, decades later, it's a ship with a battered hull with a few holes in it, which can be made much bigger and sink the ship with a relatively benign cannon shot. The engine is also busted up, though still works to a point. The upside is, the cannon mounted on the ship is still in pretty decent condition.

It looks like Fedor is training in Holland for his rematch with Bader. He's currently training with professional boxer Ali Kiydin who is 16-1 as a pro with 15 KOs and was a member of the German National boxing team.

This is good but no Nemkov, no Moldavsky, no Tokov with him in camp and there aren't any wrestlers in Holland that will be be able to prepare Fedor for someone like Bader who has demonstrated in his last 3 fights that he can wrestle at high intensity for 5 rounds if necessary.

Not sure what Fedor is thinking but maybe this is just part of his camp and he will fly guys in or go to ATT for the last month of training like Nemkov did.

View attachment 960256

View attachment 960257
Wow thats crazy, I knoe Kiydin he doesnt live too far from where I live.
My old boxing coach even knew him personally, seems like a great guy, suprised seeing him spar with Fedor.
The world is really small

Wow thats crazy, I knoe Kiydin he doesnt live too far from where I live.
My old boxing coach even knew him personally, seems like a great guy, suprised seeing him spar with Fedor.
The world is really small

Epic bro! I'm guessing you're German?

Well - there is an alternative.

You didn't pay attention to Fedor's breathing during the Maldonado's fight then - he was breathing through his mouth on many occasions - even in the first disastrous round. The good thing is, Maldonado's gas tank was equally shitty, so the latter rounds were nowhere near as explosive as the first, giving Fedor time to recover and regain energy. Against a younger fighter though - with a decent cardio? Anyways, we'll see how Bader does - Fedor is very dangerous during the first round - and if he paces himself, he could be equally dangerous in the latter rounds as well, so it will be up to Bader to keep the pressure up, to prevent that from happening - while praying that he'll be able to avoid Fedor's haymakers.
Anyways, let's also not forget that Fedor's chin is also shot.... lol.

Essentially, Fedor is an old warship - once very powerful and mighty, with great engine and a very tough hull. Now, decades later, it's a ship with a battered hull with a few holes in it, which can be made much bigger and sink the ship with a relatively benign cannon shot. The engine is also busted up, though still works to a point. The upside is, the cannon mounted on the ship is still in pretty decent condition.

Very good analogy, sir.

Screenshot_20211126-090508_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20211126-090524_Instagram.jpg

Bader is a lot faster than Johnson whom Fedor knocked out but still Johnson got close enough to where another inch or millisecond and Fedor could have easily been the one who got KOd. Fedor basically has to land the perfect shot. He's such a mad man for taking this fight at 46 years old.

I think Bader is coming to wrestle.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dB3y2dJljvo?feature=share

Looks like he's preparing to close distance and take it to the ground. Fedor is too old to address the striking while also being able react to the wrestling and stop the takedown. He has to commit to one or the other.

Even if he does so once I don't think he can do it for extended periods of time. Sooner or later Bader will land a punch or tie up and take Fedor down to the ground.

Bader isn't as young and in his prime as he was when they fought the first time but he's demonstrated he can wrestle hard for 5 rounds with absolutely no problems in his last 3 wins. If Fedor couldn't stop Sonnen from taking him down 5 years ago then he most likely won't be able to stop Bader from doing the same.

Fedor has to either land the perfect knockout shot in the very first exchange or avoid getting knocked out in the first few exchanges himself while also stopping the first few takedown attempts from Bader. Then Bader could potentially get stuck like a deer in headlights and could be KOd.

Either way incredibly tall order for 46 year old Fedor. Godspeed to the GOAT.

Last edited:
The fight is 5 weeks out. I dont see the point of going to Holland now and then going back to Russia to train grappling and then flying all the way back to LA but here's to hoping you're right.

Holland to Moscow is only a three hour flight it's not like it's an epic journey.

Back