Fedor responds to Dana's claims of attempts to book Lesnar fight

The only reason it didn't happen was because that moron VeDummy was asking a lot of dumb shit, I don't blame Dana being angry dealing with a buffoon like him, off course Fedor won't throw his manager under the bus

The only reason it didn't happen was because that moron VeDummy was asking a lot of dumb shit, I don't blame Dana being angry dealing with a buffoon like him, off course Fedor won't throw his manager under the bus
Right.

This conversation has been going on for over a decade.

Both Dana and Fedor agree that Dana offered a ridiculous (at the time, pre-Conor) amount of money.

Dana thought that's all that mattered.

But right or wrong, other things also mattered to Fedor. And, unfortunately, to Fedor's manager (who was probably the real problem in all this).

So they didn't reach agreement. But that's doesn't necessarily make Fedor the asshole.

TS is trying his hardest to make this about something it's not.

Last edited:
Fedor didn't feel like dealing with a dickhead so he said no to the UFC and moved on. Fedor doesn't strike me as the type of guy to really care about where he fights and legacy and all that. It's not like he thought "Oh man I HAVE to win a UFC belt to prove myself". And the problem is that Dana thinks all fighters feel the need to have a shot at a UFC belt, when some fight for other reasons and won't be bullied by him.

Fedor probably never had to work a day in his life after pride. when you have that kind of leverage and you talk to a new company and treat you like shit I mean ...lets just say I don't trust a sleazeball like Dana.

it's easy to be a good negotiator when youre the only show in town. But Fedor doesn't live in your town.

One is a fighter whose forte is action.
The other is a promoter whose forte is hot air.
Who you gonna believe?

Fedor didn't feel like dealing with a dickhead so he said no to the UFC and moved on. Fedor doesn't strike me as the type of guy to really care about where he fights and legacy and all that. It's not like he thought "Oh man I HAVE to win a UFC belt to prove myself". And the problem is that Dana thinks all fighters feel the need to have a shot at a UFC belt, when some fight for other reasons and won't be bullied by him.
Fedor also absolutely refused to sign UFC's contract with standard UFC restrictions. Famously including restrictions against competing in Sambo. And Dana was unwilling to bend very far from the standard restrictions (he was willing to bend a little bit).

And of course Dana was totally unwilling to co-promote with M-1.

The sides were just too damn far apart. And yes, Dana coming in and insisting to Fedor that all that matters is money and look, look, look right there no one will pay you more (and he was right) didn't help. Then he went on social media and said Fedor was an idiot for turning down all that money. Which shows a complete lack of empathy, at best.

Last edited:
Fedor also absolutely refused to sign UFC's contract with standard UFC restrictions. Famously including restrictions against competing in Sambo. And Dana was unwilling to bend very far from the standard restrictions (he was willing to bend a little bit).

And of course Dana was totally unwilling to co-promote with M-1.

The sides were just too damn far apart. And yes, Dana coming in and insisting to Fedor that all that matters is money and look, look, look right there no one will pay you more (and he was right) didn't help. Then he went on social media and said Fedor was an idiot for turning down all that money.

You are right. I think Dana wasn't willing to make any exceptions (and that's his right) and Fedor wasn't willing to bend or give in on his demands (which is his right) and, like you said, they were just too far apart. The co-promote, the sambo, etc.
But Dana didn't have to be a dick about it. But Dana being Dana on social media. Fedor seems like the type of guy to just move on. It's OK if 2 sides can't come to an agreement unless 1 side has a massive ego and takes the business personally and then throws a hissy fit.

You are right. I think Dana wasn't willing to make any exceptions (and that's his right) and Fedor wasn't willing to bend or give in on his demands (which is his right) and, like you said, they were just too far apart. The co-promote, the sambo, etc.
But Dana didn't have to be a dick about it. But Dana being Dana on social media. Fedor seems like the type of guy to just move on. It's OK if 2 sides can't come to an agreement unless 1 side has a massive ego and takes the business personally and then throws a hissy fit.
Agreed.

I'm not surprised that Dana is "sad" that they couldn't get a Fedor v Brock fight.

What would surprise me is if Dana showed any actual introspection on why the fight wasn't made, and what he could have done differently to get it made.

But that would be me living in a fantasy land lol

Nobody even said that.

Trump supporter level argument, using boomer-tier memes <{cruzshake}>
How many times do you have to be banned to stay away for good? Your TDS is strong child

This discussion has been done to death, but in my opinion, both sides share the blame equally on this.

The idea of the UFC co-promoting, especially at the time, was laughable. M1 should have opened with that, but eventually conceded for some sort of other accommodation. Ideally, an absurd amount of money, or retaining usage rights to Fedor's UFC footage. The UFC, for its part, should have understood that they weren't dealing with just another fighter. Fedor was the best heavyweight in the world, and well known throughout it. He deserved a tremendous amount of respect.

The bottom line is that the fans lost out, but not all business deals come together.

I'll say this though, if Lorenzo had dealt with these negotiations by himself with Dana no where near the table, I fully believe we wouldn't be having this conversation, because Fedor would have signed. Lorenzo was a shrewd negotiator who didn't let his ego get in the way of business. This is shown in him having to overtake the Melendez negotiations when Dana couldn't handle it.

”we can say, through the lip.”
<mma4>

Treatment involves branch sealant:

nintchdbpict0003074604611.jpg

Prime for prime, nobody comes close to the savage beast that was Fedor.

This dude DUCKED the UFC, and some of you want to call him the GOAT. LOL

Carry on with a penis riding contest. LOL

In his prime, he beat all of the UFC’s champs, in their primes, without making Dana a dollar.

<seedat>

Last edited:
This dude wrecked multiple UFC champs with ease. Surprised you're not a white belt, then again you joined less than a year ago which I presume was by the time you started watching "UFC".
Fedor 0-0 against UFC Champions.

It wasn't just about money for Fedor.

And what was it about? Being recognized as the best HW in the world? The UFC would have given him that in spades.

Sambo? Ok...

He chose the easier path and he will end up as a footnote on hardcore MMA sites like this one.

Back