Fedor responds to Dana's claims of attempts to book Lesnar fight

It probably worked out best for both parties this way. The fans suffered, but I don't think either side of the negotiation cared what fans wanted. UFC didn't have to dilute it's brand by co-promoting a russian farm league as an equal, and Fedor was able to get the treatment he demanded elsewhere while getting similar to easier (although not that easy) fights for probably more money.

In Dana's defense he was able to acquire literally every other pride star and they've had no complaints..

Yep look at the money Hunto and Overeem made with the UFC. Hell even crocrop got paid big money

It triggers Fedor fans because the truth stings
No, it triggers me because it's asinine.

If you said that Fedor would struggle in a cage because the majority of his career was spent in a ring? No problem there.
If you said that Fedor's latter fights in Pride and early Strikeforce showed deteriorating speed and an increase in damage taken? No problem there.
If you said that freestyle wrestling was a good counter to Sambo? No problem there.

Not even to say I'd agree, just that they're fair points we could debate. Instead, with your Conor Mcgregor avatar, you shit out a reply on your keyboard about how Fedor is scared and Dana is a straight shooter (lol). Filthy. Fucking. Casual.

If you were an NFL fan, you would have a Johnny Manziel jersey in your closet from a few years ago. A Gardner Minschew one from this year.
If you were an NBA fan, you would swear Lebron was the GOAT... and probably give Kristaps a hummer.

Filthy casual, devoid of sentience or emotional depth. You should have been shot in a sock.

Last edited:
In Dana's defense he was able to acquire literally every other pride star and they've had no complaints..
Yea. Just a matter of not shitting ones pants at the thought of entering the octagon.

It triggers Fedor fans because the truth stings
I don't know if you've noticed but Fedor's GOAT status is cemented.

There's Fedor, and the current UFC flavor of the month whoever he may be.

People couldn't take Anderson's balls out of their mouth. Where's Anderson now? No one talks about him.

Then it was GSP, who nowadays is mentioned as a side dish with either Conor or Khabib.

When Jones is done he'll get the Anderson treatment. No one will talk about him.

UFC will never produce a GOAT, their whole strategy is around their brand, so every legendary fighter they have will eventually be used as food to fuel their next star.

And this is without mentioning that their GOATs are roiders.

Truth of the matter is Fedor wasn't big enough to warrant co-promotion. yes he may have been considered the GOAT, but he didn't sell enough at the time to make it worthwhile.

Truth of the matter is Fedor wasn't big enough to warrant co-promotion. yes he may have been considered the GOAT, but he didn't sell enough at the time to make it worthwhile.
And in conclusion... this.

Co-promotion with the leeches in his entourage killed his UFC potential. Not fear.

I am a realistic Fedor fan. I don't put the blame entirely on Dana. This is prizefighting. You don't have to be best friends. Also in a cage, Lesnar definitely had a solid chance at putting Fedor in a lot of bad positions in the cage especially. War Fedor.

I have no reason to not believe fedors account of this.

I have a stupid amount of reasons to not believe dana.

If dana wanted fedor in the UFC fedor would have been in the UFC.

From what I remember, Fedor’s camp turned down more money and instead wanted M-1 to be co-promoters and UFC also had to sign a certain amount of M-1 fighters to contracts. Dana certainly wasn’t going to help jumpstart a future rival so he said “here, how about more money?” which M-1 who represented Fedor turned down.

It actually happened. What's up with the thread title?

I remember when Dana was saying (back in the Pride days) that Fedor hasn't beaten anyone and was a bum. I'll admit that I drank the kool-aid and agreed with Dana.

Then...

I cruised Youtube and found the fight between Fedor and Big Nog. I saw Fedor dismantle the greatest BJJ practitioner (at that time) and it wasn't even a struggle.

Dana's opinion was 100% full of bullplop.

No, it triggers me because it's asinine.

If you said that Fedor would struggle in a cage because the majority of his career was spent in a ring? No problem there.
If you said that Fedor's latter fights in Pride and early Strikeforce showed deteriorating speed and an increase in damage taken? No problem there.
If you said that freestyle wrestling was a good counter to Sambo? No problem there.

Not even to say I'd agree, just that they're fair points we could debate. Instead, with your Conor MCgregor avatar, you shit out a reply on your keyboard about how Fedor is scared and Dana is a straight shooter (lol). Filthy. Fucking. Casual.

If you were an NFL fan, you would have a Johnny Manziel jersey in your closet from a few years ago. A Gardner Minschew one from this year.
If you were an NBA fan, you would swear Lebron was the GOAT... and probably give Kristaps a hummer.

Filthy casual, devoid of sentience or emotional depth. You should have been shot in a sock.
JollyShowyAegeancat-small.gif

GOAT response.

Literally "oh well, IDGAF, Dana is a douche".

EDIT: Also lol @ this thread backfiring on dumbfuck TS.

This dude DUCKED the UFC, and some of you want to call him the GOAT. LOL
This dude wrecked multiple UFC champs with ease. Surprised you're not a white belt, then again you joined less than a year ago which I presume was by the time you started watching "UFC".

This dude wrecked multiple UFC champs with ease. Surprised you're not a white belt, then again you joined less than a year ago which I presume was by the time you started watching "UFC".
He didn't fight in the UFC. So, you are talking NONSENSE when you say he "wrecked multiple UFC champs."

The truth is usually in the middle.

You would be correct if you weren't talking about a dude who openly lies. I would say Fedor's side has around 20% of the blame and that is being generous to Dana.

He didn't fight in the UFC. So, you are talking NONSENSE when you say he "wrecked multiple UFC champs."

True, he just fought in multiple orgs with better HW divisions than the UFC lol.

Maybe the reason the negotiation fell apart is they both used google translate to communicate
A complicated matter to analyze the Ogawa.

Sounds like Dana, obviously siding with the HW GOAT here.

Back