Fedor panic wrestled against Mir

How in the fuck is that panic wrestling or judo?

Panic wrestling is being scurred and shooting in from 20 miles away, and/or into a guy who clearly has better grappling (Nate Diaz vs Conor).

Fedor did the right decision, he felt Mur unbalanced and dropped him....It's called MMA, it's called being versatile.

Now if Fedor tried to clinch from 20 miles away to judo throw/trip em....then maybe you would have a point but that didn't happen.

Or he could let him back up and finish him on the feet... where he has the advantage. Like he did. This thread and argument is just plain idiotic.
Well i agree he is just carting out some catchphrase that was stupid to begin with.

He didnt have good position to do it. I cant say what his intentions were,but if he wanted to get on top,he realized it was way too risky because he didnt have an underhook to control mirs body,and that mir was already halfway back up to his feet.

He didn’t have good position for what? Side control? Full mount GnP? Step over Triangle Choke?

Fedor had an over and underhook on Mir, perfect control from his end to make the throw. Did he land with undehooks? Absolutely not, hence why he began to get to his feet and throw a bomb on Mir.

This however is all irrelevant to the topic. The TS suggests that after Fedor got tagged by Mir in the opening exchange he panicked and all of a sudden when in for a single or double to save themselves from getting a further beating.

Can we stop throwing around phrases like "panic wrestling" all the time? If you get hurt and throw a punch to defend yourself, are you "panic boxing"? Was Sonnen's spinning backfist against Silva a "panic spinning backfist"? As someone else mentioned, "panic wrestling" is when someone gets hurt and goes desperately for a takedown, often very telegraphed and rarely successful. Mir was engaging with Fedor and Fedor saw an opportunity to hip toss Mir. Wasn't panic judo or wrestling, it was just a way to get Mir off him.

A perfect judo technique executed at an opportune moment is now "panic wrestling" Lmao oh Sherdog you never cease to amaze me.

Why do people think Fedor was rocked? Honestly.

0d9SGiS.png

Heat of the moment I'd imagine.

Frank left himself wide open for a hip toss; Fedor realized it would likely buy him time or at least put him in a dominant position, which was correct.

And what a beautiful throw it was.

The point stands that fedor doesn't grapple anymore. He doesn't use it as part of his gameplan, at all. He hasn't used his grappling since pride. That is the point.

He didn't go out there with intent to hip toss mir. He did it as a defensive reaction to being rocked. Its pure muscle memory

Lol you looked so stupid writing this.

How in the fuck is that panic wrestling or judo?

Panic wrestling is being scurred and shooting in from 20 miles away, and/or into a guy who clearly has better grappling (Nate Diaz vs Conor).

Fedor did the right decision, he felt Mur unbalanced and dropped him....It's called MMA, it's called being versatile.

Now if Fedor tried to clinch from 20 miles away to judo throw/trip em....then maybe you would have a point but that didn't happen.

Except, the technique Fedor pulled off is predominantly used in Judo.

Ashi Guruma fam.

Huge Fedor fan here.

Still glowing from his huge win Saturday night.

Man, it was so nice to see fedor get a big win for once.

We all know that fedor abandoned his incredible grappling years ago and became a head hunter.

I just want to ask you this:
When Fedor hip tossed Mir, was it out of strategy or because it was an instinctive and defensive reaction from being rocked to avoid taking more damage?

If “panic’ results with your opponent unconscious at your feet with doctors attending him.... maybe more fighters should experiment with panic.

Chuck with that look in his eye.

Sea level Cain

Panicked Fedor!

the fact TS even uses the word panic wrestle and Fedor in the same sentence shows hes a dumbarse

It was a defensive reaction, which was very mych the proper reaction. The fact that panic wrestling is a phrase that has caught on so well in MMA is hilarious. MMA striking is mostly trash to begin with, so why anyone would watch MMA without grappling is beyond me.

Because you are more likely to see somebody get KTFOed in mma than a pure striking contest... because of the trash striking. When the still level goes up, the entertainment value goes down. When the skill level goes down, the entertainment value goes up. Good strikers are too hard to hit and then you get boring decisions. Somebody is far more likely to get sleepered in a sloppy ass dirty brawl.

I am aware that kickboxing loves to claim they have the highest KO rate of all combat sports but let’s not kid ourselves here. They are cheating when they say that cause they are factoring in every type of TKO stoppage there is such as standing stoppages with no knockdown, a corner towel throw in, 3 knockdown rule stoppage when 1 of the 3 was a slip. We all know very few of those are actual legit KOs and scrub tier MMA is the best place to find your next offering to the just bleed god, you might just have to sift through a little bit of dry humping to find the violence you seek

the fact TS even uses the word panic wrestle and Fedor in the same sentence shows hes a dumbarse

Panic isn't meant to imply inferiority.

Its a basic instinctual emotion that all humans experience, even Fedor.

Lets not get lost in semantics, fam.

I would say it wasn't as Mir initiated the clinch and Fedor would have, in all likeliness, done the exact same thing from that position had he not been rocked.

Back