• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Fedor panic wrestled against Mir

TS, please do us the favor and never start another thread.

how is a hip toss panic wrestling? panic wrestling is diving at someone's legs in desperation. a hip toss requires technique.
Lmfao only on sherdog does a single or double leg not require technique.

Hey dummy, panic wrestling means attempting to grapple because you're hurt. It's not specific to double legs.

Wow shit thread kid.

Judo ain't rasslin'. This isn't Conor the striker diving for a takedown after getting rocked. It's Fedor, the judoka, hitting a harai goshi against a larger guy.

Lmfao only on sherdog does a single or double leg not require technique.

Hey dummy, panic wrestling means attempting to grapple because you're hurt. It's not specific to double legs.

diving at someone's legs requires no technique. a hip toss does. i can dive at someone's legs at use my weight to attempt a pull down. i can't hip toss anyone.

Wow shit thread kid.

Judo ain't rasslin'. This isn't Conor the striker diving for a takedown after getting rocked. It's Fedor, the judoka, hitting a harai goshi against a larger guy.
Grappling is grappling. I see you're getting your panties twisted instead of being a big boy and just answering the question

diving at someone's legs requires no technique. a hip toss does. i can dive at someone's legs at use my weight to attempt a pull down. i can't hip toss anyone.
Have you ever grappled a day in your life? You're spouting unbelievably retarded nonsense

Grappling is grappling. I see you're getting your panties twisted instead of being a big boy and just answering the question

Obviously strategy, kid. Fedor is a judoka.

Again, it's not a lifelong striker with shit rasslin' diving for a double. It's Fedor, the judoka, using technique to get his back off the cage. He did the same to many others (Rogers, Mirko, Nog, Coleman, Hunt, etc.)

The point stands that fedor doesn't grapple anymore. He doesn't use it as part of his gameplan, at all. He hasn't used his grappling since pride. That is the point.

He didn't go out there with intent to hip toss mir. He did it as a defensive reaction to being rocked. Its pure muscle memory
He threw him and straight away returned to the feet, it was purely to get Mir off of him against the cage and return to the center, where he has the advantage. Is this not obvious to all?

"Panic wrestle" and "roster"

Conor.

Lol.

He panic wrestled vs. Diaz 1...in the locker room he said "I bitched out, I did"

In the second he rolled with the punches.

Last edited:
He threw him and straight away returned to the feet, it was purely to get Mir off of him against the cage and return to the center, where he has the advantage. Is this not obvious to all?
The fight went back to the feet because fedor couldnt hold him down not because he wanted it to lmao

ya, i have. I've also played football. tackling someone is easy. you learn it day 1
Lol.

There you have it guys. Double legs ARE SO EASY!!! Someone let every wrestler in the country know! It's so easy to do!!!

Obviously strategy, kid. Fedor is a judoka.

Again, it's not a lifelong striker with shit rasslin' diving for a double. It's Fedor, the judoka, using technique to get his back off the cage. He did the same to many others (Rogers, Mirko, Nog, Coleman, Hunt, etc.)

I wouldn't call it strategy (as in I don't think it was really in his overall approach to grapple much at all with Mir) so much as a very quick tactical adjustment. Again, it's MMA and Fedor has legitimate international judo credentials before we even talk about his combat sambo credentials and the amount that he used to utilize those skills in MMA (granted, more than a decade ago). This is an odd discussion to have to begin with, to be honest. People making far more than they should out of a fight with two shot to shit, 40ish year old HWs.

The fight went back to the feet because fedor couldnt hold him down not because he wanted it to lmao
He didn't try. Watch again, he backed off so Mir couldn't get guard and tried to land punches.

You're pretty clueless.

I wouldn't call it strategy (as in I don't think it was really in his overall approach to grapple much at all with Mir) so much as a very quick tactical adjustment. Again, it's MMA and Fedor has legitimate international judo credentials before we even talk about his combat sambo credentials and the amount that he used to utilize those skills in MMA (granted, more than a decade ago). This is an odd discussion to have to begin with, to be honest. People making far more than they should out of a fight with two shot to shit, 40+ year old HWs.

I agree, not strategy in the sense he planned it but instantaneous. Tactical adjustment is the perfect description.

Back