Fedor on his future in mma

He had a training camp his last fight and looked horrible. It would be really sad if Cro Cop knocks him out.
Yeah, but he didn't go to Holland this time, and it showed. And Crop Cop is not fighting Fedor after all...

Yeah, but he didn't go to Holland this time, and it showed. And Crop Cop is not fighting Fedor after all...

Yup, he didn't go to Holland and he didn't even bring in top HWs like Minakov either. Which is odd to me. For Jaideep, he went to Holland and even when training in Russia, brought in Minakov to help with his camp. I just have to assume he took Maldonado lightly after how easily he beat Jaideep and he expected something similar. It just seems odd to put together a much better camp for Jaideep than for Maldonado (I would expect a similar camp for both).

Yup, he didn't go to Holland and he didn't even bring in top HWs like Minakov either. Which is odd to me. For Jaideep, he went to Holland and even when training in Russia, brought in Minakov to help with his camp. I just have to assume he took Maldonado lightly after how easily he beat Jaideep and he expected something similar. It just seems odd to put together a much better camp for Jaideep than for Maldonado (I would expect a similar camp for both).
It's really odd, I agree. I hope he's not playing around, being lazy and underestimating opponents. he should really stick with these dutch guys, or go to the states or something.
Remember, that each time he had a camp in Holland he had a calm approach and a gameplan, and looked good.
Let's hope he learned from that mistake with Maldonado.

Cro cop is the biggest name he could fight outside of ufc. If he doesn't fight cro cop ok be pissed

Who is he doing the camp for? That's not the Ariel Helwani report that Fedor isn't fighting Cro Cop is it?

Source:
https://new.vk.com/search?c[q]=Емельяненко&c[section]=statuses&w=wall-70077507_2819

So what's it gonna be? Bellator? Rizin? EFN? UFC?

and some pics from today:
ppvdnrCxqqg.jpg

Fedor playing around with cans..... Not surprised!

I thought he was in that open weight tournament?

Karim Zidan, who seems to be pretty accurate with his Fedor news, said he thinks Fedor will probably end up at EFN again because they pay so well. It wasn't any inside information, just a guess on his part. I know Bobby Lashley just recently called out Fedor as well and Scott Coker said a few months ago that he would like to see Fedor in Bellator.

I know Fedor values freedom, so I just don't see the ufc in his future unless they give him a 1 or 2 fight contract. If he signs with any other org (Rizin, EFN, Bellator) he will be free to fight in any of the other ones as well. Based on his history of not liking to be tied down and told what to do, I see him in one of those orgs next.

I don't think Fedor cares about freedom as much these days. He hasn't participated in Sambo for a while now, no?

But he does like one-fight deals, that's true - which, I suppose, is freedom of sorts just as well.

I don't think Fedor cares about freedom as much these days. He hasn't participated in Sambo for a while now, no?

But he does like one-fight deals, that's true - which, I suppose, is freedom of sorts just as well.

Yeah, I don't mean just fighting in Combat Sambo. He likes going to whichever org pays the most. He has jumped around to a different org almost every fight in his last 5.

Who is he doing the camp for? That's not the Ariel Helwani report that Fedor isn't fighting Cro Cop is it?
Whoever, Yesterday he said that he's still looking at the offers he got from various organizations. And what's the difference? Helwani,Karim Zidan,Millen and Cro Cop - all said that Fedor is not fighting in the GP.

I thought he was in that open weight tournament?
Apparently not...

btw,

"I understand, that my fighting days are nearing the end"

That's what happens when he dicks around after PRIDE FC instead of signing with UFC like Big Nog, Crocop, Shogun, Wanderlei, Heath Herring.

Whoever, Yesterday he said that he's still looking at the offers he got from various organizations. And what's the difference? Helwani,Karim Zidan,Millen and Cro Cop - all said that Fedor is not fighting in the GP.

Only curious. I hadn't read anyone else denying it.

I honestly reject the notion that Fedor's "decline" has mostly due to his age and physical decline which is obviously a factor for everyone in life. But, it's not to my mind the MAIN factor, yes age is a part of why Fedor has declined but not the physical reason for it. It's 98% imo his motivation/hunger and focus. To prove this, look at how many other fighters in both MMA & Boxing older than Fedor and far more declined physically who DID have what Fedor has seemed to have lost (until getting battered by Fabio then decided to say "Fuck this guy, he wants to stand and bang, win or loss lets do this and disrespect and best a pro boxer on the feet, which many post-top MMA fighters have tried and been iced cold KO'd for). Hendo is older than Fedor, Cro Cop is older and his last fight was a brutal one-sided beatdown, George Foreman @45 (nowhere near a mile of his old self won the HW title against Moorer)...due to yeah, motivation and the focus and huger to win. Not just the money.

But getting a guy like Fedor who's been to the top of the MMA HW mountain and stayed there on a 9 year win streak to come out of retirement with the same hunger and motivation/focus that he had as a younger man in his 20's early 30's Nog, Cro Cop, Herring etc (PrideFC day's) is not a realistic thing to expect or even assume at almost 40yrs old, with all that behind him.

If the UFC really wants Fedor, whether for the money spectacle or the "showing he isn't shit like Dana likes to say"...then get the guy Fedor has stated he'd fight at any point which is Werdum. And make Werdum say all types of shitty things about Russia, Fedor's family, how he's just a stupid religious can crusher, and a washed pos his family and country should be ashamed of. Then...let's just say that WOULD motivate Fedor to train like crazy in Holland, possibly recruit a couple people from the States in his camp, and train Combat Sambo again with the current Russian champ. So, if you can't naturally motivate Fedor due to a hunger of a younger fighter, then the idea is to piss him off by insulting everything he loves and just lighting a fire under his ass. And all the while at the press conferences have Werdum paid by UFC to do so say these things to Fedor and his camp to his face and the cameras and disrespect him in the staredown, possibly ripping his cross off his neck and throwing it after getting in his face. Let's just say...the "hunger" would come back with a vengeance and just think...we could possibly for the first time in MMA history see the first bone chilling Fedor staredown before touching gloves. That would be damn good entertainment that fight, and I'm pretty sure one way or the other somebody is getting KO'd cold or if a submission happens, it'll be a immediate armbar snap (not a wrench until they tap bs) if I had to put money on it.

"I understand, that my fighting days are nearing the end"

That's what happens when he dicks around after PRIDE FC instead of signing with UFC like Big Nog, Crocop, Shogun, Wanderlei, Heath Herring.
Three guys he beat and two middleweights? I'm more happy he went to fight fresher and better competition in Strikeforce and Affliction.

Fedor fighting "the best fighter"... lol, yeah sure.

Three guys he beat and two middleweights? I'm more happy he went to fight fresher and better competition in Strikeforce and Affliction.
I didn't say he should have rematched those guys but in UFC. Also, Brett Rogers? Bigfoot? Hendo, yeah. Werdum, yeah. Sylvia and Arlovski? Maybe Arlovski. Barnett could have been interesting.

It's really odd, I agree. I hope he's not playing around, being lazy and underestimating opponents. he should really stick with these dutch guys, or go to the states or something.
Remember, that each time he had a camp in Holland he had a calm approach and a gameplan, and looked good.
Let's hope he learned from that mistake with Maldonado.

He already had 3 chances to learn from his mistake and he still fucked up, there's no hope.

He already had 3 chances to learn from his mistake and he still fucked up, there's no hope.
there is hope actually. If he trains abroad and works on a gameplan as he did for the Monson, Ishii, Rizzo and Singh fights, he should do better. Everytime he trained in Holland he looked sharp.

Back