Fedor never fought anyone like Stipe, and Stipe never fought anyone like Fedor

Dude how old are you btw? You watch pride? Because you sound like someone who got into mma ~ 5 or 6 years ago, and has nothing to go by but hl reels or youtubers opinions. Nothing wrong with that, it would help me understand how you could possibly try to make a case that stipe is more impressive than fedor in his prime. Stipe is very well balanced yes, but i just dont see how someone would pick against fedor in his prime

Stipe can't carry Fedor's jock. Fedor would demolish him within 1-2 rounds. Better stand-up, better grappler, more athletic, tougher. There is no comparison. Stipe is only good for UFC shills, for their arguments.

All these Pride heavyweights are still competing being 40+ years old, and you want to argue Stipe greatness? Jigga please.

I think a younger DC would have given Fedor a tougher fight personally, although he would have still lost.
Nobody will agree that Fedor is a better striker than stipe because he isn’t. He’s faster, but that’s it

I thought that Stipe really didn't like facing mobile, quick heavyweights? The DC fights where DC was just a LHW with lil extra fat still turned out to be a complete mess for Stipe overall.

That Ngannou fight was also a dangerous fight for him where Stipe was getting tagged with shots and it was only "easier" for Stipe because Francis gasses out after 2 rounds and his grapplings is mostly reliant on strength and stamina (not actual technique).

Stipe seems more like JDS with better clinch and wrestling more than anyone else. Cain in his prime would be a nightmare matchup for him since Cain's movements are fluid while Stipe's is stiff and kind of robotic.

I don't like his chances against a prime Fedor who is even faster than Cain/DC and has nasty submissions as surprise to boot tbh. Fedor is also extremely durable as he shrugged off Fujita's haymaker and Randleman's slam like nothing, so Stipe's well placed shots might even be shrugged off.

That's not a foregone conclusion though because Big Nog, himself, had good boxing too. Let's not forgot how quick and agile and sneaky Nog was with his subs as well. It's one of those fights that could go to either guy on any given night.

Stipe actually matches up for some really good fights with the Pride HWs. Mirko is the better striker and has really good TDD but if Stipe mixed it up like Fedor did and kept Mirko guessing, he'd win.

It's just one of those things. We can argue all we want but we'll never truly know.
I always go back to Fedor being able to sit in Nog’s guard with almost no danger at all and just beat him up for an extended period. If fedor can do it, stipe can do it. Stipe is known for being ridiculously heavy and hard to submit from the top position. His whole style from top position is to punish you from guard/half guard. If fedor could, stipe could imo. But to be honest I don’t think that fight ever hits the ground anyway

Stipe is definitely more textbook but that shit doesnt always pay the bills. Fedor left alot of dudes out cold and it served him well. Tbh fedor wasnt really too pretty anywhere, but it WAS effective

Nobody will agree that Fedor is a better striker than stipe because he isn’t. He’s faster, but that’s it

Stipe has better hands for sure but Fedor had really good kicks as well.

I always go back to Fedor being able to sit in Nog’s guard with almost no danger at all and just beat him up for an extended period. If fedor can do it, stipe can do it. Stipe is known for being ridiculously heavy and hard to submit from the top position. His whole style from top position is to punish you from guard/half guard. If fedor could, stipe could imo. But to be honest I don’t think that fight ever hits the ground anyway

That's wrong though. Fedor WAS put in danger lots of times. Nog was always threatening with high hips. Let's not forget that Fedor is a submission master too. It's not like Fedor was just sitting there and somehow Nog couldn't do anything.

Prime Fedor beats prime Stipe by having the better gameplan and being able to follow through with said gameplan.

Well, DC was called Black Fedor back in the days. DC was however old when he fought Miocic and his “speed” everyone was hyping wasn’t impressive at all but his overall accomplishments were. Would have been awesome to see DC vs Fedor in their primes, we all know that DC would demolish today’s Fedor.

I mean, what's the difference between Tim Sylvia and Stipe Miocic in terms of actual skill sets? They're both just tall and lengthy wrestle-boxers that like to employ the jab.
one is better at it than the other? stipe was an actual wrestler. and a boxer. and an athlete. and in shape.

one is better at it than the other? stipe was an actual wrestler. and a boxer. and an athlete. and in shape.

Prime roided Sylvia was actually in terrifying shape and could hang with a lot of top guys today. Stipe beats him every where though. Arlovski and Couture took advantage of his weakness to an overhand right and Stipe would land that too. Stipe could also get it to the ground and beat Sylvia to a pulp.

However, these are HWs and a guy like Sylvia, in his prime, could pull a KO out of anywhere.

The fact you think Stipe is 20x the striker Cro Cop is tells me not to bother with this conversation anymore...

Cause Stipes golden gloves championship beats Cro Cops 34 kickboxing matches, K1 grand prix champ and almost 60 amateur boxing matches.
Bro, they train together and even old Mirko beats him, that is well known in Croatia. Mirko is way better than Stipe

Bro, they train together and even old Mirko beats him, that is well known in Croatia. Mirko is way better than Stipe
Lmao stipe went to Croatia one time and trained with cro cop. And stipe does not fight hard in the gym, especially not with old men like cro cop was at that time.

Stipe certainly could beat mirko standing, but the takedown and ground and pound finish would likely be too easy to pass up.

Stipe easily the better fighter all time

Prime roided Sylvia was actually in terrifying shape and could hang with a lot of top guys toda
But he got dominated by grandfather Randy though...
I mean, even a 40 year old Randy might prolly get killed in the HW division at this point even w/PEDs

Lmao stipe cape to Croatia and trained with cro cop one time. And stipe does not fight hard in the gym, especially not with old men like cro cop was at that time.

Stipe certainly could beat mirko standing, but the takedown and ground and pound finish would likely be too easy to pass up.

Stipe easily the better fighter all time
Gym Mike Pyle would slap GSP up

But he got dominated by grandfather Randy though...
I mean, even a 40 year old Randy might prolly get killed in the HW division at this point even w/PEDs

That was Fat Sylvia. He still had good power but was just a lumbering, plodding puncher. Sort of a precursor to the majority of today's new HW prospects.

Back