Fedor never fought anyone like Stipe, and Stipe never fought anyone like Fedor

Fedor is not the greatest fighter of all time.
Fedor may not be the greatest fighter ever, but this thread is about the ol' hypothetical b.s. about fighters from different eras in their primes fighting, and Fedor in his prime was a humble beastsilentfreakshowbadasspullwinsoutofhisassagainsteveryone fighter. Stipe's a great fighter. No doubt about that. But in my biased opinion-- and I am biased-- I think Prime Fedor defeats Prime Stipe.

Fedor may not be the greatest fighter ever, but this thread is about the ol' hypothetical b.s. about fighters from different eras in their primes fighting, and Fedor in his prime was a humble beastsilentfreakshowbadasspullwinsoutofhisassagainsteveryone fighter. Stipe's a great fighter. No doubt about that. But in my biased opinion-- and I am biased-- I think Prime Fedor defeats Prime Stipe.
That's a respectable take

They both have two common wins

Arlovski and Hunt.

Fedor KTFO the better version of Arlovski for sure. Stipe dominated the better version of Hunt.

They both have embarrassing losses. Specifically, Fedor vs Hendo and Stipe vs Struve. However, Fedor was on the decline and Stipe wasn't in his prime yet.

One could say Hendo was a MW so it's more embarrassing but Struve is so bad that I think Hendo could take him. So, there's that.

Came in to see the shitshow, and am not disappointed. It's so funny that a person who in and of himself is the opposite of a controversial fighter can spark such wild ranges of opinion. Add in mention of Fedor, whose supporters can sound like cult members in their idolatry...and watch the fireworks!

Where did I say that?
My bad on that one, I think someone else on the thread said it.
I think you’re really reaching with your stipe crushes CroCop comment though. No way stipe gets through that fight unscathed.

Stipe is a highly skilled boxer who has better transitional work than any HW I've seen. Also is probably the best MMA wrestler in Hw history.

Sylvia on the other hand was a lumbering oaf with shitty wrestling, a nonexistent ground game, and retard fight IQ

You may want to watch some of Big Tim’s fights.. He’s better than the boxing gif you’ve seen.

Stipe never faced anyone as fast and dynamic as prime Fedor, and Fedor never fought someone with the combination of wrestling and striking that Stipe has

Personally I think prime Stipe beats prime Fedor but it's great to think about either way
the problem w prime fedor is the same problem pre prime and post prime fedor.....he just loved to brawl too much

I mean, what's the difference between Tim Sylvia and Stipe Miocic in terms of actual skill sets? They're both just tall and lengthy wrestle-boxers that like to employ the jab.

1000% this! Stipe is just an improved version of Tim Sylvia. That's no knock on Stipe since Tim's career is very under-rated, but they're very similar styles.

As for Stipe's opponents, the only one I can think of that's kinda similar to Fedor is DC. They're both smaller, compact heavyweights that rely on explosive boxing combinations and are both good takedown artists. DC was probably a better boxer than Fedor, and he used his wrestling more as a way of controlling opponents and tiring them out. Fedor had a lot more power in his punches, and he's much more of a submission grappler than DC.

I’ve seen many of his fights. He’s nowhere near as skilled as stipe.
He’s from a different time period. Tim was a giant, and amazing at sprawl and brawl. Had big power and pumped a jab. The comparison the dude made isn’t far fetched.

And I believe I quoted you by mistake. I’m too fat to look.

Big fan of both

Just gonna keep my opinion to myself

Fun watching you kids bicker, though

So in what universe is hendo a shitty fighter lol? Not getting a good vibe in this thread. People talking shit. Hendo beat everyone not named andersen silva. Had power that would level any hw. Fedor should have won that yes, but his chin took a turn for chuck status, and he was in obvious decline. Yeah fedor tarnished his legacy, but so would have gsp of he was active after that gift stolen from Hendricks. Khabib WILL lose if he continues to fight. Pretty much the ONLY fighter that has retired amywhere near their prime is DC, and i will give him that. Motherfucker aged like scotch, he did

Stipe has a better resume, a better skillset and matches up better against Fedor than the other way around. Objectively speaking he is the greater and better fighter.

I don't understand this thread. Of course Stipe would win. Either 4-1, 3-2, or by tko or ko. Why? Because information is more readily available to him than it was to Fedor. Fedor's striking is very sloppy by today's standards. DC would probably beat him in all honesty. If Fedor was given modern training, however, I would have to say Fedor.

I’s STILL take Fedor even with stipe having todays training and thats a fucking fact

Back