Fedor lost to 2 guys on TRT and one future GOAT HW.

Fedor is 100% past his prime. There is zero reason to believe otherwise.

Still, he'd be top 10, maybe top 5 in the UFC, with as good a chance as anybody to beat the current champion.

It's not a slight to say he's past his prime, it's a fact.

Everyone has an opinion of the goat, whos cares what the next guy thinks really, if you think Fedor the greatest keep it to your self cuz that's a hot button in any mma conversation.

And people consider this guy a can or a has been?

BTW, he strung up 3 wins in a row against Monson, Rizzo & Ishii right after those losses.

Fedor = GOAT deal with it. Fedor versus Bigfoot would have been equivalent to GSP fighting Anthony Johnson, put that into perspective
he fought japanese
pro wrestlers
in pride
you fucking squid

Fedor is 100% past his prime. There is zero reason to believe otherwise.

Still, he'd be top 10, maybe top 5 in the UFC, with as good a chance as anybody to beat the current champion.

It's not a slight to say he's past his prime, it's a fact.

Well I'm sorry sir but you are wrong. Sherdog has firmly established that late 30s are actually a fighters prime years.

2_medium.gif

Totally ragdolled...

And there was nothing weird about that stoppage. The man face planted.

Edit: I just want to take a moment and acknowledge how great Hendo is in a scramble. If you look at this gif you see Fedor just ducking his head and swinging wildly and flailing around. Meanwhile Hendo is holding on to Fedor with the left while measuring shots with his right. He even ducked a shot from Fedor without letting go of him. Hendo is the f'in man.

He wasn't cleaned when Werdum beat him, or when DC & Cain ko'd him, or when Hunt took every single thing Bigfoot could offer and turned it into a classic draw.

Silva and Shields beat TRT Hendo.

Fedor is the only guy where fans try and make a TRT asterisk next to his losses.

Not at that stage of their careers, cmon. The last person who can claim Monson as a good win is Rizzo in 09 or Barnett in 08 and he was older even then.

Fedor is a top 5 GOAT for sure and no need to make excuses for him.

How technical Fedor was. Reminds me of GSP.

1378526044729_lol.gif

I don't give a s#it about the GOAT conversation. Here's what I remember.

0NkqNV.gif

12+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Semmy+Schilt_xvid_004.gif

13+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Heath+Herring_xvid_001.gif

9fbfb-fedor_nog.gif

fedor-belts.jpg

And people consider this guy a can or a has been?

BTW, he strung up 3 wins in a row against Monson, Rizzo & Ishii right after those losses.

Fedor = GOAT deal with it. Fedor versus Bigfoot would have been equivalent to GSP fighting Anthony Johnson, put that into perspective

if fedor is the greatest of all time you cant also call Werdum the greatest of all time. In your thread title you said yourself fedor isnt the greatest of all time.

But strangely, after the last fight, he looks to also be out of his prime. Erick Silva is an over the hill up and comer.

I mean..... you 100% know late-30s is not a prime for any athlete statistically. There are outliers that have found success there.

Fedor's highlight reel is crazy good. No where near Silva's but still better than most.

That's a laugh-riot statement. But we've done this dance before. So save it for the Ando threads. This is a Fedor thread.

I don't give a s#it about the GOAT conversation. Here's what I remember.

0NkqNV.gif

that is one hell of a terrible attempt at a takedown. Bent over at the waist, didnt lower his hips or get any drive with them at all. Not incredibly hard to defend takedown attempts that bad.

2_medium.gif

Totally ragdolled...

And there was nothing weird about that stoppage. The man face planted.

Edit: I just want to take a moment and acknowledge how great Hendo is in a scramble. If you look at this gif you see Fedor just ducking his head and swinging wildly and flailing around. Meanwhile Hendo is holding on to Fedor with the left while measuring shots with his right. He even ducked a shot from Fedor without letting go of him. Hendo is the f'in man.

He wasn't cleaned when Werdum beat him, or when DC & Cain ko'd him, or when Hunt took every single thing Bigfoot could offer and turned it into a classic draw.

Silva and Shields beat TRT Hendo.

Fedor is the only guy where fans try and make a TRT asterisk next to his losses.

Not at that stage of their careers, cmon. The last person who can claim Monson as a good win is Rizzo in 09 or Barnett in 08 and he was older even then.

Fedor is a top 5 GOAT for sure and no need to make excuses for him.

Nicely picked gif. Watch the rest of the fight.

Also, not to nit pick too much but you bring up Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot, but most people would say that Bigfoot probably should have got a stoppage earlier in that fight. It was really just lucky that the referee let it go on when most others wouldn't have. Also, I have nothing to say on Dan Henderson being on TRT because I don't know anything about his history with TRT, I only know that Bigfoot has been known for not being clean, and sure he lost sometimes while he was likely using, that still doesn't change the fact that it no doubt aided him.

Also, yes, they WERE good wins at that stage.

Jeff Monson was 9-1 in his last ten fights, the only loss in that time coming to Daniel Cormier.

Satoshi Ishii had only lost once and was an olympic gold medalist who was actually better in the aspect that Fedor prefered to fight.

Pedro Rizzo was in the worst shape out of all three, and even then he had won his last three fights, two by stoppage.

These three were even more dangerous when you consider that Fedor was ALSO out of his prime, which levels the playing field more than people would like to admit.

There's a lot more to it than "lol, these three guys aren't as good as the guys he lost to" they were actually all doing fairly well at the time Fedor beat them. People just want to discredit Fedor for the sake of discrediting him.

Back