Fedor Is Still Better Than Jones

Prime Fedor will always be better than Jones at everything. Not only that, but he did it while at a physical disadvantage. JJ wins with a HUGE physical advantage 99% of the time (Gus being the only exception). And we saw what happens when Bones is on a level physical playing field.

Yeah no doubt. That's the truth.

Fedor was smaller, fighting against much larger, stronger, taller opponents consistently. Jon Jones fights guys whom he has a 10 inch reach advantage and size advantage in pretty much every fight.

during fedor's reign, he never got his ass kicked, like jones did against gustafsson. his fight with gus really tarnished his, "goat" legacy. even though it counts as a win on the win-column, jones's aura was tarnished that night.

So Jones who has never lost an mma fight in his life, and only had one tough fight in which he still came back to win, is worse than a guy who's legacy is based in fake pride and then went 1-3 in Strikeforce, including getting tapped out, ktfo by a middleweight, and getting beat to a pulp making him quit mid fight.

Yeah ok. The Gus fight tarnishes Jones' goat legacy but Fedor getting destroyed in 3 diff fights doesn't.

Oh derp i forgot Fedor was suddenly out of his prime when he tapped to Werdum, nvm the fact he was coming off back to back KO victories of Rogers and Arlovski. Nah out of his prime as soon as he tapped.

lol u Fedor nuthuggers/Jones haters are a joke.

First off, you counted Nog 3 times when Fedor only beat him twice. Next, you count Randleman as a good win a guy who was a 17-16 fighter. I'm just glad you're amongst the smarter Fedor fans who don't include Gary Goodridge as a good win.

a lot of people, including myself, think that jones lost that fight. if we're talking about goats, then how can you put jones over fedor, if fedor went those ten years without losing a fight, let alone getting beat up in that fashion?

i'm not saying that jones can't surpass fedor at some point. but as it stands now, i think that he needs to wins more for more years, and not lose.

to me, you can't compare fighters from different generations. that's why i compare both fedor and jones to what their competition was. fedor destroyed his competition for almost a decade, and gustafsson gave jones an ass-kicking. you have to take that into account, in my opinion.

I can put Jones over Fedor because he fights in the number #1 recognized mma organization the same organization which bought out Pride Fedor's fight org at the time.

I believe GOATs must live up to that supreme title by fighting the best competition at the time, Fedor never did that. He chose to fight for fringe circus show fight orgs leaving his fans to defend how he could beat this guy and that guy knowing it would never happen. Easier for the fans to debate over a fight that will never happen than for the fighter to actually fight the fight.

Fedor great fighter but far more questions than answers about his true greatness in mma.

Jones beats prime fedor easily. Prime fedor will not stop jons takedowns. He could not stop aronas. The level of mma is better nowadays, people can defend armbars.

Fedor > Jones until Jones makes a HW run.

Unless Jones self destructs.

Fedor wins hands down with just his humility alone. Two complete contrasts in character and I know which one is the more impressive.

So Jones who has never lost an mma fight in his life, and only had one tough fight in which he still came back to win, is worse than a guy who's legacy is based in fake pride and then went 1-3 in Strikeforce, including getting tapped out, ktfo by a middleweight, and getting beat to a pulp making him quit mid fight.

Yeah ok. The Gus fight tarnishes Jones' goat legacy but Fedor getting destroyed in 3 diff fights doesn't.

Oh derp i forgot Fedor was suddenly out of his prime when he tapped to Werdum, nvm the fact he was coming off back to back KO victories of Rogers and Arlovski. Nah out of his prime as soon as he tapped.

lol u Fedor nuthuggers/Jones haters are a joke.

Not much more for me to add than YEA Boy!

Based on achievement, Jones is far ahead of Fedor. Just compare their wins. So many of the guys Jones has beaten in his title run are former UFC champions, not to mention these victims are far better skill-wise than Fedor's opponents (and some of them are better than Fedor as well).

Based on skill, Jones is far ahead of Fedor.

Fedor has 7 wins over former UFC HW champions.

Fedor is the greatest. Most people who have watched the sport 10 years or more know this. With his fight footage out there, I'm sure a lot of current fans can see it too if they choose to.

2002 Fight or go home hungry Fedor wasn't going to lose. He would die before losing. He even tapped in his first loss like a stud. Still all time King.

Fedor fought someone who's best win was against Jose Canceso.

It's easy to throw down names without any context and say a fighter is GOAT but back in the real GSP really has the best resume.

Also lol at Fedor being the GOAT his resume is weak as seen but some of those names you listed for him like 2004 Kevin and Mark lol or Hunt coming off a one sided loss or the never amounted to anything Herring.

Fedor.

His streak was better than Jones' currently is. Jones has a great resume, but its mostly full of guys who built their names years before and are much older.

Fedor fought up in weight, whereas Jones fights down.

Fedor was scarier to his peers than Jones currently is.

Fedor actually knocked people out, meanwhile Jones doesn't have a single UFC knockout.

If you polled current and former fighters, their peers, I suspect Fedor would still come out on top.

He'd also smoke Jones in a fight, then or now.

my post is just one in the ocean , or rather cesspool of sherdog, either way in my humble opinion Fedor is the GOAT, no jackson gameplanning, no dolce diet, just archaic training and sheer willpower, undersized vs most and always going for the kill or be killed , and when in his prime , favourite in any matchup on earth for my money atleast..

Fedor fought someone who's best win was against Jose Canceso.

What's your point? Despite not being very co-ordinated or skilled and having health problems, Choi made an impact in K-1 and was a newcomer in MMA. It was a big money fight in a time when Japan was struggling to make a profit with MMA. That fight with Canseco came after the fight against Fedor and he was 1-0. At least Fedor doesn't have a problem going out and fighting larger opponents, more than you can say for the DUI eye gouging coke snorting UFC poster boy.

Even so, your joke post is still wrong. Bobby Ologun was his biggest win in MMA.

Back