Fedor has tiny hands WTF

Bigger hands have more mass.

...therefore, let's throw this entire discussion out the window and just talk about adding mass, for no apparent reason? are fighters getting hand implants? ffs.

there's a reason why my hammer-mallet example specifically mentioned they're both the same weight.

Yeah and you know nothing about kinesiology.

Look if you had some deformity like the below it would effect things maybe but the guys a HW, obviously he's at the very least got larger appendages than most males and likely close to others in his class.

You focusing on if his hands are slightly bigger or smaller than other peoples is irrelevant and has nothing to do w functionality except on a silly micro-level, it's just a grosse fixation like when people talk about how big titos head is or if bigger head sizes make you a fighter. Usually ppl that fixate on this stuff are those that have nothing else to contribute and no interesting points so they just vulgarly stare at ppls individual body parts.

Grow up, put down your gossip magazine, learn something about technique and sports.

KCcaK.jpg

I would recommend if you ever see a Kinesiologist, make sure he focuses on people’s bodies my genius friend

It really says something about the current state of World MMA when the hottest thread is an argument of the size of Fedor's hands lol

I randomly met Fedor at a Safeway in San Jose and shook his hand - I was shocked at how small they are.

They aren’t tiny, but if he was buying gloves he’d be fine with a Medium.

It was mainly shocking because I knew what he’d done in his career and then saw that in-person he’s not a physically imposing man at all.

He looks like an average guy who does HVAC work and maybe coaches a Pop Warner team on the weekends.

...?????? what?

the smaller the contact area, the more power that's transferred per sq inch or whatever.

but fist size has almost nothing to do with overall punching power... why would it? the power should be primarily coming from one's torso, unless they're swinging wild arm punches.
Hand size certainly matters to a degree

A bigger hand is a heavier hand so there are more lbs of pressure this being more jolting.

Smaller contact area would equate to a higher propensity of brusing or cuts

Well as you said, smaller hands have a smaller force per square inch delivered. That means that if a punch is delivered at an imperfect, non-180 degree angle then the guy with smaller hands has much more of the the impact delivered back into his own arm/body instead of transferring to the other guy's head. Also a guy with a bigger hand has a heavier hand and may not seem like much extra weight, but it matters. 1 lb isn't a lot of weight. Feel the impact difference between your empty fist and your fist holding a 1 lb dumbbell, you could kill a guy like that.

<TheDonald>

But seriously you're thinking too hard. All you need is like 5 minutes of real world experience punching shit, and you wouldn't even have to think about this.

It's also possible that you are both correct - depending on the punching technique, it's possible for the bigger hand to deliver a bigger punch, or for the smaller hand to deliver a punch.

Bigger hand = more weight to throw at your opponent when using certain punching techniques..
Smaller hand = more piercing impact per square inch.
Bigger dick = cancels both hands out and ends up becoming the champion.

ridiculous discussion. anybody with any experience in this stuff knows that bigger hands are an advantage in striking, grappling, and anything combat and athletic related. ideally, big hands coupled with a large wingspan

so, you might ask if bigger hands are such a martial advantage throughout history, why do so many men have smaller hands? the reason is smaller, stubbier hands are evolved for very cold climates are more resilient to frostbite and freezing. stubbier bodies for that matter, are more suited for very cold climates. thus, a large percentage of the people alive today have those traits

as for Fedor? his hands don't look small, nor particularly large - and by large i mean how long his fingers are and the width of his hands from pinky to thumb measured. probably around average or slightly bigger measurements for a man his size. and he is not a very large man all things considered

with that said, anybody that has spent a good portion of their lives hitting pads, sparring, fighting or hitting a heavy bag knows that punching does make the bones of the hands and wrists more robust over time (but not actually longer and "bigger")

When I met Kevin Randleman (RIP) there was a poster with Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier's real hand sizes. He put his fist up against it and was super annoyed that his hands were like half the size. I know he wasn't exactly a striker, but he packed a wallop when he threw them.

height, hand size, wing span, general bone structure...these are things that can not be changed no matter how hard a man works; and Randleman seemed like the kind of guy to work very, very hard in the gym. i can imagine it must be a frustrating thing to get frame mogged so heavily but...

...at the end of the day, it barely matters anyways as being smaller is actually an advantage in modern firearm based warfare and, if shit hit the fan with world wars, famines, etc. being a 5'3'', 130 pound Guatemalan man would be the ideal frame size for a man to survive

Last edited:
Back