Economy Federal Employees: Most Are Democrats

Non essental. They aren't really needed.

in the way that nothing is really needed i suppose. unless you want air traffic controllers, border patrol, the coast guard, the FDA, any immigration official, farming subsidies, etc.

So then who does?

Ahh come back kid... I love ya buddy but this is a wrong argumemt to have.

The ol i pay your salary. Federal workers also pay taxes so with that argument ispo facto they pay themselves.

And there are some agencies currently not receiving a paycheck that MAKE money for the government. Such as customs and border protection which is currently also furloughed.

CBP is the second largest revenue collecting source in the federal government, collecting approximately
$40.1 billion in duties, taxes and other fees in FY2017, including more than $34.8 billion in duties.

Ahh come back kid... I love ya buddy but this is a wrong argumemt to have.

The ol i pay your salary. Federal workers also pay taxes so with that argument ispo facto they pay themselves.

Yes, we all pay for them...they and us. Also I'm only bringing up the fact that we pay their salary because they seem to think I don't have a right to an opinion about their jobs and pay check.

And there are some agencies currently not receiving a paycheck that MAKE money for the government. Such as customs and border protection which is currently also furloughed.

CBP is the second largest revenue collecting source in the federal government, collecting approximately
$40.1 billion in duties, taxes and other fees in FY2017, including more than $34.8 billion in duties.

I definitely agree that there are many valuable, beneficial federal jobs and agencies.

Federal worker here. Not a Dem.

Well, this is the third (fourth?) time I've faced sequestration due to a government shut down in the 12 years I've had this job. And in the years there wasn't a shutdown, it has frequently come down to the last minute. Honestly, I took the federal position over similar offers for the stability. I am fairly certain my fellow sherbro family men would take the option if available. But I found my paycheck is frequently politicized and begrudged me by civilians of all political parties.

I'm sure you're a good guy, but not pity points for you. You still have it easier than average joe and good for you on that.

The serpent eats it's tail, I pay taxes too. I understand the "I'm paying for it" mentality, but it's hard to take the disdain from protestors who actually pay little or no income tax when I am painfully aware of my own tax burden. (I've often wondered about the recirculation aspect of federal employees and the military feeding into the pot that in turn feeds them. An illustration of the nature of "money". It is an idea and not a physical thing. The world revolves around the belief that money has value. Would you give your boss 30% of check he just gave you?)

I pay tax every year. And I hate sending that check on the 15th like anyone.
It doesn't bother me that it goes to federal employees, but it bothers me that it goes to funding crap wars that already bankrupted us. I'd rather have it go to 100 walls and another 1 million federal workers than to making glass in the desert.

So over 84% of money from defence force went to Hilary.

Anyone else totally stunned by that?

A lot of stunners. All agencies Trump operates are filled with people who probably despise him or at least politically and ideologically oppose.

"Poor guy".

Makes $58,000 annually and because of the Gov't shutdown, he'll have to "make ends meet". <{yahyou}>
It's not about how much he makes

It's about working and not getting paid

It looks like the current shutdown most certainly hurts Democratic voters more, who heavily donated to Hillary Clinton over Trump in 2016 election more than 9:1 in her favor.

This might be a case of leverage as well as political retribution. Trump has no problem holding federal employees hostage until Democrats cave to fund his border wall.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/mike...ocrats-or-republicans-follow-the-money-trail/

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...shun-trump-give-big-money-to-clinton-campaign

donationsgraphic.png

Well several decades ago Hillary Clinton was to the right of most of the country's ideology and the new conservative ideology in the Reagan era is not believing in government. So if your ideology is based on government being bad why are people surprised when everyone in government isn't of that affiliation? Republicans talk very poorly of government work and clearly they are going to do as they are told and not do government work.

Back