Economy Federal Employees: Most Are Democrats

See, all Phipps cares about is his paycheck. He doesn't care about the people's debt, the peoples priorities, border security, or anything else. Just his paycheck.
Of course I care about my paycheck, everyone with a family does. My problem is what does my paycheck have to do with a wall that Mexico is supposed to pay for? My pay, which I am working for during the shutdown (essential employee), is being stopped because politicians can't agree on a path forward for border security. However, since you've gone ad hominem, I won't proceed with addressing anything else you mentioned.

From the President of The National Federation of Federal Employees

“It’s ridiculous,” Erwin said in an interview on CNN. “It’d be funny if it wasn’t really funny at all. We know the political makeup of federal employees. They are split evenly down political lines ... equal Republicans and Democrats and a significant number of independents as well.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...rump-preposterous_us_5c255927e4b05c88b6febaf1

-
Trump's comments also reveal that he may secretly be happy at exacting revenge against people he believes oppose him.

Though being his contradictory self, he later says Federal employees support him.
Thanks for the much more recent source. The nearest thing I found was a pie chart from 2015, although it pretty much matches this quote (which isn't surprising). One shouldn't assume that the ratio of political donations matches that of the party split among federal employees.

Federal employees are just getting a taste of the financial uncertainty and disruption the rest of us deal with everyday in the private sector. When you have real jobs and run real businesses being laid off or going out of business is always a possibility. They'll be ok...bootstraps and all that.
When you have a job in the private sector and the economy is booming, your wage also usually increases.

Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html

There's alwyas been a trade-off between public sector and private sector work. Public sector employees generally accept lower salaries in exchange for better security and benefits.

Yeah, we're just the silly peasants, right?
You do realize the government employees make less than their private counterparts.

Your ignorance in claiming they are overpaid is sickening because you have no idea what you are talking about but have no problem telling them to pull ups their bootstraps. You are just a bad person all the way through your core.

The serpent eats it's tail, I pay taxes too. I understand the "I'm paying for it" mentality, but it's hard to take the disdain from protestors who actually pay little or no income tax when I am painfully aware of my own tax burden. (I've often wondered about the recirculation aspect of federal employees and the military feeding into the pot that in turn feeds them. An illustration of the nature of "money". It is an idea and not a physical thing. The world revolves around the belief that money has value. Would you give your boss 30% of check he just gave you?)
not too mention only GS and WG and like employees are paid by the Federal Budget (which only is partially funded by taxpayer revenues).

Most civilian workers for the DoD for instance are NAF though, which means NO, they are NOT paid by ANY taxpayer revenue.

not too mention only GS and WG and like employees are paid by the Federal Budget (which only is partially funded by taxpayer revenues).

Most civilian workers for the DoD for instance are NAF though, which means NO, they are NOT paid by ANY taxpayer revenue.
I'm DOD (DON actually) and GS. The quagmire of alphabet soup in the pay system is confusing.

The reason your paycheck gets politicized is because the civilians pay for it. Typically we overpay for it. And the entity you work for is a corrupt beast that's destabilizing the entire world. I don't begrudge you personally for doing what you gotta do to get by and live but this is the reality of you're paycheck.

Many of us civilians would kick many of you federal workers out of a job tomorrow if we could as we don't feel we benefit from many of those services. Once again nothing personal just the reality of things.

i dont feel you need your job and should be kicked out of it. I see no benefit to whatever it is you do. Even though i dont know what that is.

See how fucking stupid that sounds?

Federal employees are just getting a taste of the financial uncertainty and disruption the rest of us deal with everyday in the private sector. When you have real jobs and run real businesses being laid off or going out of business is always a possibility. They'll be ok...bootstraps and all that.
being laid off is one thing

there are those are still deemed required to work, i.e. correctional officers, that are not being paid for their work

i dont feel you need your job and should be kicked out of it. I see no benefit to whatever it is you do. Even though i dont know what that is.

See how fucking stupid that sounds?

Do you sign my paychecks?

Does someone want to tell TS that the donation data he posted doesn't lead to the conclusion that most government employees are Democrats? Even the author couldn't come to that conclusion (probably because he knows the data is really misleading).

Does someone want to tell TS that the donation data he posted doesn't lead to the conclusion that most government employees are Democrats? Even the author couldn't come to that conclusion (probably because he knows the data is really misleading).

it does if you use alternative facts.

That's a dumb way to look at it, on top of that the shutdown was caused by a stupid avoidable reason not by economic reasons. Most of this country is living paycheck to paycheck, and lot of federal employees have important jobs that keep our country running.

Trump wouldn't know anything about financial uncertainty, seeing as he was born with a silver spoon up his ass.

Non essental. They aren't really needed.

Back