• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Law FBI, ICE using state driver's license photos without consent for facial recognition searches

Overall i agree with the sentiment but i think anyone that is holding on to any semblance of privacy in 2019 is fooling themselves. You are being watched,tracked and monitored everywhere. Everything online is tracked(Google/Facebook), everything offline is recorded(CCTV,Cellphones,traffic cams,Alexa), every recording is transcripted(Amazon),every transcript is searched, categorized,indexed and sold to the highest bidder(Any company that is "free"). The information is already there. Its honestly more of a surprise to me that they are just NOW doing this.

Weve all sold our privacy to monopolistic corporations in exchange for convenient technology that seems to make life easier but really is just controlling us in more and more sinister ways. (Games turning into gambling machines for example)

The only thing I can think of when I read about this is "no shit". It's the photo on my government issued identification, why should I be shocked that they would use that to identify me?

I'm with you on this. We put far more on social media than is on our drivers liscense. Also did anyone think they weren't using liscenses in investigations? Facial recognition is just a more efficient search mechanism.

States only wanted "States rights" to enslave minorities. The compromise was to have a senate and make them 3/5 of a person.. States rights is fucking racist and retarded.
Please elaborate.

The only way I'd be ok if it was for a single individual involved in a crime (breakout of containing facility or obviously guilty prior to trial) and obtained a warrant to do it.

This is going to end up like Carpenter v. United States

I hope

For citizens it’s not. If you work in sensitive areas like you do it’s part of the job.
The government aint the ones thats going to misuse the personal information that you really care about.
Like you web search history and shit like that.

The real enemies are on the Fortune 500 list.

Dig?

The government aint the ones thats going to misuse the personal information that you really care about.
Like you web search history and shit like that.

The real enemies are on the Fortune 500 list.

Dig?
You're talking to an already banned account.

You're talking to an already banned account.
WZHI8r.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back