Favourite moment in mma?

When Colby Covington and Kamaru Usman had a sequence where they exchanged jabs, it was like their testing of each other's wills and no one cracked.

When Aldo beat Jeremy Stephens. He had been coming off his back to back losses to Holloway. And just a fight before those, his infamous ko delivered by McGregor.

“he’s washed up”
“If he losses this he should retire”
“He’s no good anymore”

you know the doubt had creeped into his head, you could tell just from his reaction to the win. He delivered one of the most brutal body shots I’ve ever seen in my life. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy for a fighter to get a non title win.
DjPLyhKVAAEEs16.0.jpg

0e854f6d4f40249d46b218af6a127221
usa_today_10992015.1532828944.jpg

I remember when he fought Moicano, and it was supposed to be Moicano's coming out party/passing of the torch. He was really good and a hot prospect. But the fire inside Jose just won't die.

I remember when he fought Moicano, and it was supposed to be Moicano's coming out party/passing of the torch. He was really good and a hot prospect. But the fire inside Jose just won't die.
His longevity is insane. He was a champion for a decade, and here he is all these years later still giving petr Yan a run for his money. He’s honestly the only person I can think of that was at the top of the sport when I started watching, and is still a top 5 contender to this day.

He’s just got that fire and intensity that separates him from other guys. Fighters like GSP and Silva, I always felt were supremely talented, likely more so than Jose. But Jose always loved it. He loved the grind and the training. He loved the adversity. Hard not to be a huge fan of the guy

His longevity is insane. He was a champion for a decade, and here he is all these years later still giving petr Yan a run for his money. He’s honestly the only person I can think of that was at the top of the sport when I started watching, and is still a top 5 contender to this day.

He’s just got that fire and intensity that separates him from other guys. Fighters like GSP and Silva, I always felt were supremely talented, likely more so than Jose. But Jose always loved it. He loved the grind and the training. He loved the adversity. Hard not to be a huge fan of the guy

Aldo was the man back then. He's untouchable. I remember Anderson Silva quoting "if this guy was a MW, I will retire". He's still a BMF to this day and one of the most respectful guys. His time is ticking though so we should appreciate these remaining legends in the game while they are still there. Was really hoping for that Marlon Vera fight. That kid works his ass off and was really aiming for a 3rd fight this year. I think he deserves a shot at a legend after he stole the thunder from one of "Dana's boys".

Conor's KO of Aldo. It was very exciting, and so emphatic and triumphant it was like a King had simultaneously just conquered his foe and had been crowned.

Aldo was the man back then. He's untouchable. I remember Anderson Silva quoting "if this guy was a MW, I will retire". He's still a BMF to this day and one of the most respectful guys. His time is ticking though so we should appreciate these remaining legends in the game while they are still there. Was really hoping for that Marlon Vera fight. That kid works his ass off and was really aiming for a 3rd fight this year. I think he deserves a shot at a legend after he stole the thunder from one of "Dana's boys".
And he was just so crisp and so clean. Back when I first watched him he had that vibe and feeling of being one of those boxers. Built like a horse, slim, fast as fuck, attacking from weird angles, and did I mentioned fast as fuck? I sometimes forget just how fast he was. His kicks were insane. He changed levels and targets with his strikes so fluidly. Just an absolute beast.

Yeah the Vera fight would be good. I’d also be down for an aldo vs Dom Cruz legacy fight. Unfortunately at this point I think Aldo needs to be asked to take a step back from title contention, after all, he did get this off of Dana feeling like the judges were wrong. I’d like to see him take on a few up and comers like you mentioned or legacy fights.

And he was just so crisp and so clean. Back when I first watched him he had that vibe and feeling of being one of those boxers. Built like a horse, slim, fast as fuck, attacking from weird angles, and did I mentioned fast as fuck? I sometimes forget just how fast he was. His kicks were insane. He changed levels and targets with his strikes so fluidly. Just an absolute beast.

Yeah the Vera fight would be good. I’d also be down for an aldo vs Dom Cruz legacy fight. Unfortunately at this point I think Aldo needs to be asked to take a step back from title contention, after all, he did get this off of Dana feeling like the judges were wrong. I’d like to see him take on a few up and comers like you mentioned or legacy fights.

He in his prime had the best head movement/reflexes I've ever seen. The first time seeing him was like, this guy moves like no other, lol. I'm serious. It's unreal. And what a great guy and great champion to represent the WEC brand. Imo those WEC guys during the merge were received with such respect mainly because of Aldo, with his skills and character, representing and being the franchise of that brand.

Cruz vs Aldo has to happen I agree. I also think he beat Moraes.

When Colby Covington and Kamaru Usman had a sequence where they exchanged jabs, it was like their testing of each other's wills and no one cracked.

That was a special fight. The enjoyment of Colby losing for so many people, while understandable, took away from the appreciation of two men walking into the fire and conquering their self-doubts.

You could tell that both guys were feeling intense pressure in that fight and knew they were facing their biggest challenge. Both guys had moments in the early rounds where they were slightly gunshy but pushed through it and proved to themselves that they were up for it. Then it looked like it would be over prematurely when Colby stupidly left his mouth open, and he was clearly shook in his corner, but to his credit he battled through it and even won a round. Then Usman rallied and the accrued damage was finally too much for Covington.

Amazing combat, and that exchange of power jabs was the perfect snapshot.

I loved how GSP made Frank Trigg eat his own words at UFC 54, making him look like a total amateur, and humiliating him by putting on a wrestling clinic on him, and tapping him out with the good ol' rear naked choke that Matt Hughes had already tapped him out with twice. Great, great moment.

hughestrigg_display_image.jpg

This was the moment I became a big MMA fan.

More recently,
Georges-St-Pierre-chokes-Michael-Bisping-875623.jpg

It was a great moment where I was. Lots of friends and family, repping our Canada gear. It was like a gold medal hockey game.

Flags were flying, hugs and high fives all over the room. Great time.

One dude even bet on a finish in the third round and won good money, after being told it was a bad bet.

To name a few:
Zhang beating the human out of JJ (Nothing against JJ, I enjoy watching both fight, but thought it was something to see)
Diaz vs Gomi
Wandy vs Rampage
Ben Rothwell's post fight interview laugh
GSP's "I'm not empressed"
BJ licking the blood off his gloves
Most times Chael got the mic
Vitor getting crane kicked by both Anderson and Lyoto courtesy of the teaching of Master Seagal

ufc-topper.jpg

Should have mentioned this too. I was buzzing for days

Agree with legacy fights. Cruz seems an obvious fit. Cruz is a little too old to make his approach work against elite bantamweights IMO, but he’s still got a skill set worth watching. It would be a lot of fun to watch Aldo try to solve the puzzle. I think Jose is still quick enough that Cruz would struggle to land, and would obviously not be able to hurt Jose if he did. I think Jose would attack the legs and body, which is the smarter play, then go upstairs later. Fun fight.

ufc-topper.jpg

Should have mentioned this too. I was buzzing for days

That was great, but I’ll take the redemption bomb he landed on Wanderlei if we’re picking a Rampage moment. (The Arona slam will always be his flagship moment, but I regret to say I did not see that live).

I’ll take the redemption bomb he landed on Wanderlei if we’re picking a Rampage moment.

I considered bringing that up, lol

I know a lot of people hated that.. but.. as a Rampage fan, who suffered all the "chute box ruined Rampage".. and watching Wand's chin unable to hold up to Rampage's fury and anger he built.. I wasn't mad at all. I loooooved it.

Back